Letter from Holy Roman Emperor Charles V written in secret code finally cracked after 475 years to reveal he was worried about being assassinated...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
French scientists have decoded a letter written in 1547 by the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V.

The three-page letter uncovers secrets of the 16th century, including assassination fears.

It took the French team of scientists months to decode the letter's secret language.
French scientists have decoded a letter signed in 1547 by the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, the Stanislas Libary in Nancy, France, has announced.

The secretly-coded letter has revealed the significant concerns of the most powerful man in Rennaisance Europe during an era of religious and strategic conflict. It showed that Charles V feared an assassination attempt by an Italian mercenary and was prioritizing his relationship with King François I of France.

The three-page letter — sometimes written in plain script and some in a mysterious code — uncovers the royal secrets of the 16th century, including a rumor that Pierre Strozzi, head of war under François I, was plotting his death.

After almost five centuries, the letter had lain forgotten in the Stanislas Library. French cryptographer Cecile Pierrot heard a rumor of the mysterious historic document at a dinner party, according to the BBC, and searched for it in the library's basement.

Continued below.

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Those Yalies need to get on it before it disappears again!
I’ve been meaning to get my own copy - I think there are a couple of solid monographs out there with additional historical analysis, etc. It’d be interesting to see it with Christian eyes.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Now on to the Voynich! ;)
They have made some progress in that it appears to be Hebrew and translated a bit some to say:
After some spelling corrections, they came up with something that might be accurate: “She made recommendations to the priest, man of the house and me and people.”

After looking at some pics, one strikes me as a vas deferens frontal OR fallopian tubes. And so seeing the leak on all sides, I may even be thinking futuristic operations or birth control?
Or I might be wrong. Oh SO wrong. It's just that the picture could be so close that maybe medical or something from post mortem. You see all forms of life. Roots, plants and then people with odd pictures that seem so close to reproductive organs. [male or female actually] and nude women demonstrating ...?

Could have been studying post mortem bodies 15th century. If inquisitive enough to be doing autopsies, why not intellectual to know Hebrew [only adding vowels] would be curious to know the whole text.

Alberta University.
Kondrak and Hauer used samples of 400 different languages from the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" to systematically identify the language. The scientists initially hypothesized that the Voynich manuscript was written in Arabic. After running their algorithms, it turned out that the most likely language was Hebrew.

"That was surprising," said Kondrak. "And just saying 'this is Hebrew' is the first step. The next step is how do we decipher it."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Brother-Mike
Upvote 0