Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
that does not matter to me as much as if I find favor in God's eyes. If a theocracy is His will, and I am a vessel that He chooses to do it, then who is going to stop Him, you?

Well, I’d help him. I bet several others would as well. I kind of like living in a Constitutional democracy with total religious freedom.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I’d help him. I bet several others would as well. I kind of like living in a Constitutional democracy with total religious freedom.
Let me explain this...."if a Theocracy is God's will" and "I am the one He wants to use as His vessel to help get it started" who is going to stop Him? Two guys? How about ten guys? How about all the humans on planet earth? Who will stop it? IF God desires for Me to do it, IF HE DOES....then it will be done. Period. No if's ands or buts. But He could use someone else just as easily. I am just mentioning me, because I am here. But Who is to say that God does not desire a forerunner of His second return? He had john the Baptist the first time, to prepare the way. Why not have one this time? a struggling theocracy in His name, imperfect, but at least giving a subtle Hint to HIm that we actually believe Him at HIs word when He says....."all scripture is given by inspiration of God." Many Christians believe they can live however they want and then Jesus will come and take them to heaven. The following verse seems straightforward and self explanatory: Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord. HEB 12:14...For any that may think seeking holiness is legalism , try telling that to the Spirit who's first name is HOLY. With Him, it will be automatic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me explain this...."if a Theocracy is God's will" and "I am the one He wants to use as His vessel to help get it started" who is going to stop Him? Two guys? How about ten guys? How about all the humans on planet earth? Who will stop it? IF God desires for Me to do it, IF HE DOES....then it will be done. Period. No if's ands or buts. Who is to say that God does not desire a forerunner of His second return? He had john the Baptist the first time, to prepare the way. Why not have one this time? a struggling theocracy in His name, imperfect, but at least giving a subtle Hint to HIm that we actually believe Him at HIs word when He says....."all scripture is given by inspiration of God."

The internet has been around for 50ish years, and you are not the first person to declare on the Internet that God specifically chose them personally as their number two with the mission of leading a coup that overthrows the government for a new world order. As it has yet to happen, I’m inclined to treat your revelation as I treat all others who elevate themselves to peers of God. Should I wake up tomorrow and find that you’ve progressed past the “online manifesto“ stage of execution, yes, I would make a stand against you. I suspect significantly more than 10 people would rise up against it. Historically speaking, when a country that is a world leader risks being compromised by religious extremism that punishes its own citizens, the whole world gets involved. Ask Germany.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The internet has been around for 50ish years, and you are not the first person to declare on the Internet that God specifically chose them personally as their number two with the mission of leading a coup that overthrows the government for a new world order.
To think I would be that powerful to usher in the new world order is funny to me, for one I am not Jewish and the anti Christ will rise to power from the Jewish nation. Secondly, I am not that smart. Thirdly, I am not that powerful, lastly I am just a simple man. But I know that no temptation is above and beyond any of us, should we have absolute power, it could corrupt any of us. again I would have alternatives to my rule. a vice president if you would. But also I am not saying that I couldn't be the antichrist hypothetically. But I would hope not. As far as me leading this thing....I don't even think God has called me to run this theocracy because for all intents and purposes it is truly an impossibility. However 'should God choose me" Then I could not say no. Nor should you, to whatever God calls you to do. Be a missionary, be an evangelist, be a pastor, or just be you.....and lead others to Christ.

As it has yet to happen, I’m inclined to treat your revelation as I treat all others who elevate themselves to peers of God.
It's ok cessationism is a very valid viewpoint among top seminaries, I however do not hold to it.

Should I wake up tomorrow and find that you’ve progressed past the “online manifesto“ stage of execution, yes, I would make a stand against you.
I will say the same thing I said to the others.....should God desire this thing to be....should it actually be His will, and I believe it is. But say I am right with all of this, and God does desire this.....who are you to stand against God. Lastly in the end of the millenium there will be a whole army of people who lived in the millenial reign who will also stand against Christ in armageddon. So your views against God ruling are not unique from the scripture point of view.

I suspect significantly more than 10 people would rise up against it. Historically speaking, when a country that is a world leader risks being compromised by religious extremism that punishes its own citizens, the whole world gets involved. Ask Germany.
once again the world has never known what a true theocracy is. Accept before saul and davids rule, and then we only knew in part what God's full revelation would be. Now we know. So what is to forbide us from making Christ known to the nations? By making a forerunner theocratic kingdom FOR Him and in HONOR of Him?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah , I do not think we have to worry too much about having you in charge.
I don't disagree with you, but so far in this thread I have not seen a valid case Against a pure theocratic kingdom of God in american government. Legislating the Bible as law. So far I have only seen fallacies of poisoning the well, some ridicule but not much, and a lot of mocking. And that is ok. I am normally mocked for viewpoints on a host of various things from creationism, to believing in the gold standard to believing in a literal Bible. So, I am ok with it. And I don't disagree with you, I would not think God would choose me. But so far no one else has stepped up that I know of that is willing to do it. So there is that.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But so far no one else has stepped up that I know of that is willing to do it. So there is that.

I bet there is no shortage of religiously minded and delusional people of any conceivable sort who would be all too willing to subjugate their neighbours for the glory of their god.

There are reasons why sane persons are really not comfortable with this idea.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I bet there is no shortage of religiously minded and delusional people of any conceivable sort who would be all too willing to subjugate their neighbours for the glory of their god.

There are reasons why sane persons are really not comfortable with this idea.
well calling me insane and delusional is a first from a fellow believer. But I am sure it will not be the last. You are free to have whatever view you wish.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For the economy I would make some gold mines, I believe I have the location of Havilah which is land of Gold and onyx and other precious minerals according to genesis 2:11-12. I would make treaties with foreign governments to allow american investors to make mines, as most countries in the middle east are starved for technology relating to this. In return I will give them the location as well as technology to find the mines within the area of Havilah. I believe Gold would double or triple in price once a gold standard is made. Which is what I would do. Peg the dollar to gold. The dollar would fall but we have millions of ounces of gold in fort knox so we would start liquidating those holdings as part of the economic growth of the new dollar. But again riches are a source of pride, arrogance and a host of evils, so we would have to be very careful to tread those waters with humility and wisdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When Christ's reign will happen apparently some scholars believe it is described in scripture to be in Kuwait. Roughly 19-20 miles from the dead sea, about 9 miles square, will be the city....that I believe will be where Jesus will sit on the throne of David and be the capital of the world in Christ's new theocracy.

image (2).png

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    380.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image.png
    image.png
    380.9 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This thread deserves way too many facepalms and eye-rolls for me to post.
thats too bad, I would have enjoyed the discussion. But fallacy is no way to debate a topic. I typically look at insulting fallacies as abusive ad hominem fallacy, and it's sort of unloving to do that even if you disagree with someone. We need to love other people even when they are different than us.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Christ's reign will happen apparently some scholars believe it is described in scripture to be in Kuwait. Roughly 19-20 miles from the dead sea, about 9 miles square, will be the city....that I believe will be where Jesus will sit on the throne of David and be the capital of the world in Christ's new theocracy.
Since Kuwait is roughly 1,177 km from the Dead Sea, this ain't describing Kuwait.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
we are commanded to "watch and wait." But in defining what watching and waiting for the master to return, what christ defines that is, is good works. And ministering and obeying the commands, and doing the work of the ministy. It's not saying, twiddle your thumbs, wait like you do in a line at costco. No we are watching, we are anticipating his return. Some say to prepare his Kingdom for Him to come and sit on the throne, and I can sort of agree with that. We can be like john the baptist as a forerunner to his first comming, be a forerunner of His 2nd comming.

I think you've missed some of what I said and are making assumptions based on what you did absorb. Of course government has a purpose and of course I want government to act in a god-pleasing manner. But even if all your amazing fantastic ideas that no one's ever had before were implemented, people would be bickering 5 minutes later and we'd be right back to where we are. If you didn't notice, there's a little sarcasm and cynicism in that last statement.

But let's do a "what if?" Suppose you got what you wanted. Your government is in place and you're now the King of America. All the unbelievers are forced to do exactly what you want them to do. What does that accomplish? Are unbelievers saved because they follow your rules?

Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To think I would be that powerful to usher in the new world order is funny to me, for one I am not Jewish and the anti Christ will rise to power from the Jewish nation. Secondly, I am not that smart. Thirdly, I am not that powerful, lastly I am just a simple man. But I know that no temptation is above and beyond any of us, should we have absolute power, it could corrupt any of us. again I would have alternatives to my rule. a vice president if you would. But also I am not saying that I couldn't be the antichrist hypothetically. But I would hope not. As far as me leading this thing....I don't even think God has called me to run this theocracy because for all intents and purposes it is truly an impossibility. However 'should God choose me" Then I could not say no. Nor should you, to whatever God calls you to do. Be a missionary, be an evangelist, be a pastor, or just be you.....and lead others to Christ.

It's ok cessationism is a very valid viewpoint among top seminaries, I however do not hold to it.

I will say the same thing I said to the others.....should God desire this thing to be....should it actually be His will, and I believe it is. But say I am right with all of this, and God does desire this.....who are you to stand against God. Lastly in the end of the millenium there will be a whole army of people who lived in the millenial reign who will also stand against Christ in armageddon. So your views against God ruling are not unique from the scripture point of view.

once again the world has never known what a true theocracy is. Accept before saul and davids rule, and then we only knew in part what God's full revelation would be. Now we know. So what is to forbide us from making Christ known to the nations? By making a forerunner theocratic kingdom FOR Him and in HONOR of Him?

Yeah, I voted for Mayor Pete. Even if there was a chance I’d go for a religious theocracy, I’m going out on a limb and saying that your vision isn’t the one I’d go for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
again the law does not save us, but we must be careful to come to the same conclusion as those in the text that we should do away with the law. "God forbid." The law is a school master, and just like any school master you don't shoot them after getting the diploma, you allow them to teach others. so this is what it means, the law will never go away. So we just need to realize that, for without the law there is no sin. So again if it's sin, that goes to say, lets legalize that law and lets get at least some of those commands codified. Maybe not all of them I agree, many of them would be way to hard to regulate on a federal manner, lust being one, pride being another. But since we are not to do away with the law, but "establish it." And we know that the Bible incorporates the law of God, and we know that in 2 timothy 3:17 that the Bible equips men unto "all good works." and public policy makers (politicians) do have a good work ahead of them, so thus, We must conclude then that scripture is profitable too for public policy.
You misquoted Christ regarding establishing the law, and now you misquote Paul regarding doing away with the law. His "God forbid" was in reference to sinning so grace might abound, Rom 6.1, not about doing away with the Law.

You're correct that the schoolmaster is not shot once we graduate. But once we are mature we refer to him only for perspective and guidance, not for regulation. Or as I said in my first post, we consult the law in order to gain insight on how to love, which is the fulfillment of the law.

Of course government has a role to play; its power is that of the sword. It makes laws and enforces them. It must, because sin is in the world, and not everyone is a true believer. But the church doesn't bear the sword, it holds the keys, to the kingdom of God. Very different role.

And yes, scripture is "profitable for public policy". That was my explicit point in my first posts as well. The USA was founded largely on Biblical principles, and we have been blessed because of it. The church must speak prophetically into the society. That is one of its functions.

But beware of carrying this too far, into theocracy. It's been tried, even by divinely ordained governments, and it doesn't work. The Israelites couldn't keep covenant long enough for Moses to descend the mountain.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YES I have actually had a vision of heaven myself. And I didn't want to wake up. I pray very often to have another vision like that. I am fairly sure it was only a faint glimpse as well. I didn't see anything, but I felt it. Every cell of my being was shouting in praise, and it was wonderful.

but as far as sin affecting a theocracy, that is true of any government. Yet we still have them don't we?
The great fundamental Truths in God’s Word will always be sound and wise. What is coming is not good. The world has turned a big corner in the wrong direction. As the morality declines, so does God’s anger increase. I very much believe that making God angry is not a good idea.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so let me ask you a question, is God's word perfect? If it is, then it should be legislated no? If it is not however, then I suggest visiting a thread on inspiration, or googling...."verbal plenary inspiration."

Again God's word says that it is profitable to equip a man unto every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 So if for example being a president of a country is good, then using the Bible as your "manuel of operation" would be good, no?
Jesus says his kingdom is not of this world.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since Kuwait is roughly 1,177 km from the Dead Sea, this ain't describing Kuwait.
Good man! thanks for the heads up, looks like it's typiCal jerusalem location I must say that one confused me for a bit, wrong sea. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The great fundamental Truths in God’s Word will always be sound and wise. What is coming is not good. The world has turned a big corner in the wrong direction. As the morality declines, so does God’s anger increase. I very much believe that making God angry is not a good idea.
Yes!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.