Florida
✟321,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can someone give us all of your reasons why we can't have men's rooms and ladies' rooms the way we've always had them.

I'm asking this here because another thread was about to get hijacked over it. Not intentionally, but hijacked nonetheless.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,683.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Can someone give us all of your reasons why we can't have men's rooms and ladies' rooms the way we've always had them.

I'm asking this here because another thread was about to get hijacked over it. Not intentionally, but hijacked nonetheless.

Last time I went to a pub, there was one for the boys and one for the girls.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Before all the trans issue crusading got big I believe there were two issues why the sexes have separate bathrooms.

1) Sexual Assault. Woman sometimes get raped in woman's rest rooms but having men and woman using the same bath room, and it is normal for both sexes to come and go makes the problem worse because male rapists are able to stage things easier since they have legitimate access etc.

2) Cleanliness. Women on average are better than men usually in this department and often more picky. So segregating the sexes as far as bathrooms makes things a bit more happy at least for the woman.

Besides this I will note that based on things like modesty and privacy I think segregating bathrooms goes a long way back in history. It kind of is a norm, unless their is some kind of limit to resources where some place can only have one privy based on its size and other resources. I think societies have generally tried to separate the sexes so people feel comfortable.

Besides this, I will note that men when it comes to peeing at urinals are much more efficient and faster than women using the toilet to pee. So this kind of specialization allows more people to be served especially in populated facilities like air ports, theaters, rest stops, large restaurants etc. and that is a good thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ironbjorn

Wanderer
Oct 13, 2020
Purgatory
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know, but my company recently announced that we would be having open gender bathrooms. There was a big meeting about it. I immediately used the women's room after the meeting. I followed 4 of them in, and stood in my stall with the thundering sound of a male pee from a standing position while I heard the female sitting position hiss sound. I had to chuckle. On the sink was a basket of feminine products. I told them I liked their gift basket. It was absurd.

Since then a few of the wannabe male lesbians have frequently used the men's room. It's always funny hearing them tinkle while some guy is blowing his butt out in the stall and a couple of us are standing using the urinal. At the sinks it's so absurd with their male haircuts, short statures, squeaky voices standing next to hairy, tall, farting men.

If that's what they want, so be it! Personally I'd rather sit on the women's room toilet after seeing them that day after the meeting. Much cleaner.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As long as the stalls have walls I don’t care who’s doing what in the one next to me. If I’m minding my own business how would I ever know what gender they’re supposed to be?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I hate using a men's bathroom--unisex now---they are always dirtier than a women only. It's why at home---it's that way too! My husband had his I had mine! Mine was always cleaner! He died some 3 years ago. So it is no longer an issue---I wish it were!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why not have three sets of bathrooms, respecting everyone and all, and giving all a choice, etc...?

They already have two, so why not just add a third...?

But it really is absurd if you ask me.

Like someone is prejudice or hates "certain individuals" or is homophobic directly against certain individuals, or "whatever", etc, if they just are not comfortable using the same restrooms of the opposite of sex if they identify as either male or female, etc...?

Absolutely absurd, etc...

Guess their rights shouldn't be respected though, right...? I mean, we are talking about "gender identity" here, so what about the rights, liberties, freedoms, wishes, etc, in this somewhat "sensitive area" if one specifically identifies as either male or female, etc...?

They should all just "get used to it", and "just because", or what...?

Anyway, absolutely absurd, etc...

I guess next is everybody just walking around everywhere all the time naked then...? Or "what", etc...?

Including all the children/teens/preteens everywhere, and I do mean "all of the time", and "everywhere", or what...?

They go too far, etc...

They only care that their "supposed rights" are "respected", and to hell with anyone else's...

Because that is just how utterly "selfish" they (some of them) are, etc...

But, anyway...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,683.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, but my company recently announced that we would be having open gender bathrooms. There was a big meeting about it. I immediately used the women's room after the meeting. I followed 4 of them in, and stood in my stall with the thundering sound of a male pee from a standing position while I heard the female sitting position hiss sound. I had to chuckle. On the sink was a basket of feminine products. I told them I liked their gift basket. It was absurd.

Since then a few of the wannabe male lesbians have frequently used the men's room. It's always funny hearing them tinkle while some guy is blowing his butt out in the stall and a couple of us are standing using the urinal. At the sinks it's so absurd with their male haircuts, short statures, squeaky voices standing next to hairy, tall, farting men.

If that's what they want, so be it! Personally I'd rather sit on the women's room toilet after seeing them that day after the meeting. Much cleaner.

This whole post was satirical. Wasn't it? Yeah?

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,271.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

For the same reason you can no longer have stairs without an ADA ramp. Because progress happens and things progress.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
For the same reason you can no longer have stairs without an ADA ramp. Because progress happens and things progress.
Are you suggesting they have some kind of "impairment" or "disability"...?

And, people still have the option of using the stairs, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ironbjorn

Wanderer
Oct 13, 2020
Purgatory
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This whole post was satirical. Wasn't it? Yeah?
Most of it. I really did use the female bathroom and comment on the gift basket, and the butch lesbians really do use the men's room and it's funny looking.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,683.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Most of it. I really did use the female bathroom and comment on the gift basket, and the butch lesbians really do use the men's room and it's funny looking.

So 'wannabe male lesbians' and 'it's so absurd with their male haircuts, short statures, squeaky voices' was an attempt at humour?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ironbjorn

Wanderer
Oct 13, 2020
Purgatory
✟22,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So 'wannabe male lesbians' and 'it's so absurd with their male haircuts, short statures, squeaky voices' was an attempt at humour?
Have to put something on the absurdity of the reality.

Reactions: Sodafox
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,683.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Have to put something on the absurdity of the reality.

There are ways to do that that doesn't denigrate those in society who are gay with trite cliches.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟631,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
At my former location of vocation, I was the only one who sat in the area routinely. However there were several larger meeting/conference rooms on the floor and thus two large restrooms designated male/female.
The men's room was the cleaner, always.

I have suggested to my brother (who works in construction) that there's an opportunity in making public restroom stalls more private.
As long as there's privacy, I don't really care who is in the space next to me.

Go to any large outdoor event, the portables are not typically designated male/female and are utilized as first available. It works there, it can work indoors as well.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
We can and do have separate bathrooms. But there are exception. E.g. in some places with elderly people a person may need help from a spouse or caretaker of the opposite gender. And of course young children have traditionally been accompanied by parents of the opposite gender. So there have always been odd cases. Until the culture wars people were willing to be understanding. Now it’s become so critical to deny the existence of trans that perfect separation of genders has become critical, and women’s sports have been elevated to an almost holy importance.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Cool story bro.

• Haha
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0