1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Let's talk about separate bathrooms

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by HTacianas, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,575
    Atheist
    Private

2. Ken-1122

Ken-1122 Newbie

+1,575
    Atheist
    Private
    How about going with the science? According to science humans are mammals. All mammals are either biological male, female, or intersex (intersex considered a deformity) If you have xx instead of xy chromosome, a testosterone level of 25 instead of 1500, and a Uterus, you are a biological female regardless of what is going inside of your head; so you go to the female bathroom. If you are the extremely rare case of intersex, you can choose any bathroom you want

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. cow451

cow451 Standing with Ukraine. Supporter

+23,693
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I was a janitor years ago. The women's bathroom was always harder to clean because they apparently had difficulty finding the wastebasket and their "products" were explosive, judging by the splatter and spill patterns.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,750
    Christian
    Married
    I have children so I always use the family restroom. My husband has used the women's bathroom when he has to take our daughter and has changed babies in one if there is no family restroom or no changing table in the mensroom.

Anyways when Target was being crusaded against for their bathroom policy (before the Joanna Gaines Hand and Hearth line brought the faithful back to Target) I had a friend that has a very masculine look and to make matters worse she was undergoing cancer treatment and had short hair. She was using a public bathroom and got cursed out by the woman at the sink next to her. The woman went outside and told her partner that was waiting for her that a man was using the women's bathroom. Then went my friend came out they both screamed at her. My friend left as quickly as she could because she didn't want to get beat up. If you notice people in the bathroom and try to be the genital police , it's just weird.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,844
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I have only seen single stall restrooms as all gender never seen multiple stall and I live in California. I dont think that is a problem. Blessings.

6. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+32,331
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    Sure it can--so long as the space used is rebuilt extensively in order to make ten little, one-person, boxes in a row. And do that with every rest room area in the whole building.

So if George Soros or Bill Gates wants to foot the bill for retrofitting every business place, sports arena, and etc. in the country, yes, it could work. And all because a tiny handful of people object to using their own plumbing in the designated room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. CatsRule2020

CatsRule2020 Active Member Supporter

+201
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Their 'gaydar' must have been off:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/talking-apes/201701/is-gaydar-really-thing

8. cow451

+23,693
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I have never been assaulted by a transgendered person at a Target restroom.

9. cow451

+23,693
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    George and Bill appreciate your fondness, but are not topics of the thread.

10. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+32,331
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    The money to remodel almost every commercial building in the USA is, however, part of the topic of this thread. And they have more of it than almost anyone else, plus the established desire to be philanthropic in the pursuit of remaking the country in their own image, so yes, this project is worth a passing reference to them being potential contributors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+13,867
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Misogyny much? What is so absurd about feminine hygiene products being made available to the people who need them?

It might shock you to learn that women also poop and fart and have hair in places other than their heads! There are men who do fart and poop discretely as well as women who make a stinking show of it.

That is largely a myth. As a regular user of ladies' rooms I can attest that many are horribly filthy.

12. cow451

+23,693
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/yTP...mage/68692291/llopatto_180609_2658_0068.0.jpg

13. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,750
    Christian
    Married
    They weren't accusing her of being gay and she isn't gay. They were verbally assaulting her and threatening to physically assault her because they thought she was a man dressed like a woman in order to use the women's bathroom. There are gay men and lesbians that have used public bathrooms for decades and no one noticed or realized they were gay. And honestly if you are staring at people in bathrooms wondering if they are gay or what their genitals look like when they are just using the bathroom, washing their hands , and leaving without bothering anyone; it's weird and really gross.

14. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,392
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I suspect that most colleges have unisex bathrooms, certainly lots of them do.

15. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,870
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    If the following conditions are met then I don't care who I have to share the facilities with:
    • Scrupulously and regularly cleaned
    • Sufficient stalls to handle all reasonably anticipated demand
    • Always fully supplied with appropriate consumables
    • Emergency buttons in each stall to summon help in the case of medical or security issues
    • High power air dryers and paper towels
    • An attendant and anything by Bach piped over the audio system would be nice.
    Until the day that the above becomes possible and even routine I won't really like sharing facilities with anyone, regardless of their actual, or perceived gender, or sex.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  16. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+30,006
    Agnostic
    Single
    No reason for the customer -- businesses might prefer having only one bathroom because it frees up more floor space for productive work...

17. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,766
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    So, a child-aged guy could be groomed to decide he's a girl, and so there would be the bathroom change.

But then in the girls' room a transgendered person might discover with age an interest in . . . females . . . and feel this is a same-sex attraction. And so it might seem reasonable to identify as a male-role lesbian, and therefore switch to identifying as, yes, a "he", and then switch to male bathrooms. (Or, might the young one find it expedient to keep the newly discovered interest quiet and keep on using girls' rooms??)

In any case, then there would be the interesting issue of if the person still has an Adam's apple and functional reproductive organs so the person could function in marriage with a woman and have children.

Or, was the person sterilized? I thought we aren't supposed to sterilize people.

18. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+6,124
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    "Things change" or "stuff happens" , which is what the term "progress" amounts to in the context of your post , is not really a reason why something should change. I bet you could give a rational reason why one would need an ADA ramp. Why do you not give a rational reason why it is better on the whole to not have ladies' and men's rooms in the traditional sense? After all, if one doesn't know why something should be changed then one may end up changing it for the worse rather than for the better.

19. Pommer

Pommer CoPcEtiC SkEpTic Supporter

+6,582
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    You’re ruining imagination for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,870
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    • Inefficient use of space.
    • Adherence to a habit formed in the relatively recent past and yet not adhered to in all circumstances for most (all) of that time. So, really we need a reason to continue doing, not a reason to change.