The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Every culture has had experience with ghosts or shades. They are an unexplained reality. Nobody knows what they are, though some claim to. If you examine their claims carefully, it is just belief or speculation.
What do you mean by this statement? Do you not believe supernatural manifestations are real, but just an imaginational experience?

Upvote 0

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by this statement? Do you not believe supernatural manifestations are real, but just an imaginational experience?
Not at all; Many people have had encounters with what is unexplained. The falsehoods only arise when somebody attempts to explain them.

"It's a shade of the person's former self"
"it's a demon impersonating a ghost to fool you"
"It's time trapped in matter replaying events"

All reasonable sounding explanations to the person who utters them, but all as clueless as me trying to read a book written in Russian, and claiming that I know what the plot is.

Even if you sat down and had a conversation with ghost, you might eliminate number three, but you could never be sure if either one or two were true or false. That's where speculation kicks in.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Not at all; Many people have had encounters with what is unexplained. The falsehoods only arise when somebody attempts to explain them.
I guess I am of the persuasion that explanations may come better from someone who has had an experience than from someone who hasn't...and I have had a few. And I personally feel that it was closer to your #2 explanation...but not limited to it. I have physically 'heard' and been 'grabbed' in a couple of encounters where no one human was there. These demons weren't "impersonating" anyone but they sure scared me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.