Visit site
✟1,504,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is a new forum, and none of us is sure yet what it might become.

So here's a thread to say hi, relax, chat, get to know one another, ask questions, and generally share whatever you feel like. I'm hoping to see this place become somewhere for us to encourage and support one another, and celebrate the good things we share in Christ.

I won't be around much today - it's Sunday already in Australia and that's kind of a busy day for me - but let's make the most of the opportunity we've been given!

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm glad we have a new forum. We are back home in the Big Apple this weekend for my husband's aunt's funeral, someone who was a friend, teacher, and role model for me. It is unusual to see someone in her 90's, whose friends have passed away before her, to have a standing-room-only wake and funeral and a funeral procession that was about 20 cars long, but this lady was loved by so many. We traveled 1400 miles to be there with his cousins and family members, and because we loved her so much.

Her goddaughter gave a eulogy, and told us that hubby's aunt gave her a Nativity scene once, purchased at a five and ten cent store years earlier. She included a toy hippo that one of her sons had put in the nativity scene as a child.
"And that's how Aunt ____ was," she said. "Even if you were a hippo, once you visited you became part of the family."

Now that's a story of egalitarianism--the way she treated everyone who visited.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,020,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Totally put this in the wrong thread, but maybe someone will enjoy this anyways!

I haven't made it myself, but this Mocha Chocolate cake recipe (guest submission) looks delicious.

Lenten Chocolate Mocha Cake | Lenten Season

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What would an egalitarian forum be without chocolate! I love it.

Other forums have chat threads that are named as different kinds of taverns... maybe we should have a chocolaterie!

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,020,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What would an egalitarian forum be without chocolate! I love it.

Other forums have chat threads that are named as different kinds of taverns... maybe we should have a chocolaterie!
Sounds delish! Mmm...can't have too much chocolate here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,020,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The nuns never taught me about "Lenten frosting." The closest we got to goodies was hot cross buns on Sundays :)
I've never tried them...any good?

We (Orthodox) are all getting ready for Lent, so we are gathering up our recipes for home and for Fellowship Hour. That's the reason for my original post of the recipe!

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,020,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your attachment isn't working, Laura. You're teasing me with promises of chocolate leading to error messages!
Hmm....

Does this work?

ETA: I realized that some of the women may be browsing this forum...I don't want to ruin the surprise, so I'm deleting the photo for now :) They are extremely good at figuring out surprises.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,504,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You've never had a hot cross bun?

In my opinion, they're very good, but I like the ones with orange peel in them, and many people don't. So often I can only buy the ones that have sultanas but not orange peel, which are not nearly as nice.

Yes, Lent is on the horizon... I feel more work heading my way!

Yes, that's working now! They look pretty!

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,020,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Very good--and Lent doesn't start until March 1.
True, but the preparatory Sundays are here for us. It was the Publican and Pharisee today. Two weeks from now, we have Meatfare Sunday, then Cheesefare, and finally Lent.

Upvote 0