Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/sit....gov/files/Resolution on a Green New Deal.pdf

(G) ensuring that the Green New Deal mobilization creates high-quality union jobs that 7 pay prevailing wages, hires local workers, offers 8 training and advancement opportunities, and 9 guarantees wage and benefit parity for workers 10 affected by the transition; 11 (H) guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical 13 leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to 14 all people of the United States;

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/sites/ocasio-cortez.house.gov/files/Resolution on a Green New Deal.pdf

(G) ensuring that the Green New Deal mobilization creates high-quality union jobs that 7 pay prevailing wages, hires local workers, offers 8 training and advancement opportunities, and 9 guarantees wage and benefit parity for workers 10 affected by the transition; 11 (H) guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical 13 leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to 14 all people of the United States;

Sounds great. Let’s get this thing rolling.

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Oh no! IDEALISM! It must be stopped!

We must instead put all our efforts to building a giant 2000 mile long transparent concrete wall that will be paid for by people we are attempting to keep out of our country!

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Everyone should have at least a 3000 sq ft house.

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.“ -Vince Lombardi

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Everyone should have at least a 3000 sq ft house.

Was that in there too? I missed that!

Wow, Ocasio Cortez sure is wacky, isn't she? It's hilarious.

It's even more hilarious when she forgets to include REALLY CRAZY stuff like a "3000 square ft house" and "everyone's debt being forgiven".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Idealism divorced from reality is dangerous.

Look at Venezuela.

OR Trump! Trump promised the sky and pretty much everyone with more than a high school education knew it was not even close to realistic.

No one seriously believed Mexico would pay for his fantasy wall.
No one who knows anything about coal believed coal jobs would come back in force as he promised.
No one seriously believed he had secured North Korean denuclearization after his photo op meeting.

I agree idealism can be bad. But it's not a bad idea to start from the big ask and see how much you can get.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Was that in there too? I missed that!

Wow, Ocasio Cortez sure is wacky, isn't she? It's hilarious.

It's even more hilarious when she forgets to include REALLY CRAZY stuff like a "3000 square ft house" and "everyone's debt being forgiven".
With the idiocy that’s in there, I figured that those things in there would fit right in.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
With the idiocy that’s in there, I figured that those things in there would fit right in.

Sure, I mean, that makes sense.

Can't argue with solid logic. If someone says some things I don't agree with I often just make up even sillier stuff about them and use it to criticize the points I don't agree with!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is a winner:

(E) upgrading all existing buildings in the United States and building new buildings to achieve maximum energy efficiency, water effi- ciency, safety, affordability, comfort, and dura-
bility, including through electrification;

Every building in the US upgraded in the next ten years.

Upvote 0