Lets call it X, but the real issue is the denial of hate in hearts.

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
After recent events if last Sunday and following events hearing of two baptist churches practically praising the event, I'm no longer defending any Christian position on X. I'm more conservative theologically than most, but I also have recognized my Christianity isn't about making the second coming of Israel.

Maybe its because I have a job where I'm more around X than most stuck-in-your-Bible bunker Christian right who think God gave them America. I'm certainly grateful the SBC has denounced the Confederate Flag, but people......IT'S 2016! Your telling me it took 50+ years to denounce the flag from the SBC? Really? Your telling me the SBC supported the right to carry the slavery flag until 2016?

Here is the reality. X don't like Christians because they don't show love. Folks, claiming biblical principles to protect a US government defined stance on marriage is not love. Its a stupid self-defense mechanism.

The issue here is Christian right is wrong. Its hate. Learn to [emoji173] and still hold your convictions. The church has more to clean up internally than to be frightened by the external.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I suppose we are to show love to even the enemies of God, as well as those who do right as well.

"But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it,25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another."

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe its because I have a job where I'm more around X than most stuck-in-your-Bible bunker Christian right who think God gave them America. I'm certainly grateful the SBC has denounced the Confederate Flag, but people......IT'S 2016! Your telling me it took 50+ years to denounce the flag from the SBC? Really? Your telling me the SBC supported the right to carry the slavery flag until 2016?

Have you read Southern Baptist history or heritage?

Do you realize that the Southern Baptists existed before the "War of Northern Aggression"? (Just kidding folks)

The SBC was founded in 1845.

In 1861 the Civil War began, and ended in 1865.

If your correct, it wasn't until 50 years ago that the SBC denounced the "Stars and Bars", what does it mean for the 101 years before that?

Why is it that when people wear or show the Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow colors of another country, even though they were born here, nobody objects? :scratch:

But let somebody who's proud of their southern heritage fly the "Stars and Bars" people are offended? :scratch:

Or a "Rainbow" flag? :scratch:

Do you realize that for nearly 3 years, each state fought under it's own flag, and the "Stars and Bars" only came out very late in the war. And then, only represented one state? :scratch:

Why is it, that of the 500,000 soldiers of the South that were killed only 1% were ever buried in a properly marked grave? :scratch:

Why is it the rest were "disposed of" in mass graves just like the Jews (estimated around 6,000,000) who perished in the holocaust? :scratch:

Why is it that Northern Soldiers are individualy buried in marked graves and in places of honor, yet soldiers of the south are hardly even remembered, let alone honored? :scratch:

And lets not forget what the Northern States, rather the United States done to the Southern States during the years of the "Reconstruction"!

Do you realize that although the issue of "slavery" was one of the causes of the Civil War, the primary cause was the issue of "States Rights"?

"The most important causes Southerners listed for the war were unfair taxation, states' rights, and the slavery issue."

Source

House Bill 2 here in No. Carolina has brought this to the forefront. Yet the federal government as "dictated" to No. Carolina that they can't do that.

Do you realize that one of the same causes of the Civil War is coming out again? States Rights. :scratch:

Why is it that the most hated symbol and flag in the history of the world can be flown and nobody hardly raises a concern about it? :scratch:

More people were killed/murdered under this symbol and flag than in the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam combined.

And that in three days of battle, nearly 51,000 were killed, wounded, or missing in action at Gettysburg. That's almost as many as were killed, wounded, or missing in action in 14 years in Vietnam (1961-1975). :scratch:

Why is it the people of Westboro Baptist church can come out in nothing but "pure" hatred, and people think, no believe that the entire Southern Baptists believe as they do? :scratch:

Why is it that "radical Islamists" can do as they did in Florida this week, and the President of the United States refuses to call the act and person what they are/were? :scratch:

Radio personality Robert D. Rayford said it correct: "We are quickly becoming America the offended".

If I could afford it, there would be three flags in my front yard.

In the middle and higher than the rest, an American flag.

On the right, and lower, a North Carolina flag.

On the left, and lower, the Stars and Bars.

For 4 years I served in the United States Marine Corps. I may not like what group X, Y, or Z has to say, but I will fight for their right to say it.

OK, I'm getting off my soapbox.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The "Stars and Bars" was a battle flag not the flag of the Confederacy. Loving what the Confederacy stood for, states rights, is not the same as loving slavery. Men such as Robert E. Lee and "Stonewall" Jackson fought for their state instead of continuing slavery.

The men on both sides of that war fought and died because they thought the issues were important. They were men of conviction and backbone. Where are such men today?

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Br. Mike,

I'm a white Canadian. My wife is black/native descended from escaped slaves and reservation Indians. We live at the historic end of the Underground Railroad and we acknowledge the Confederate Flag was not a flag in support of slavery, but a symbol demonized in propaganda by Yanks during and long after the war was over. I'm not saying we should fly it but I'm not going to prevent someone that wants to. Read the works of DiLorenzo on the subject of Lincoln and prepare to have your mind blown. He suspended the US constitution, did backroom deals to expand the railway across his own property so he could cash in big time, wanted to send the freed slave out of the US, wouldn't let them own land in unsettled areas, etc. He was a real bad dude. Lincoln once jumped out of a window to avoid losing a vote! His party followed suit and he become known as Leapin' Lincoln. There's a lot of history there and just sort through the propaganda.

f894290112ad0ab5a6c63ea50f479b95.jpg

Black%20Confederate%20Veteran%20Activist%20H%20K%20Edgerton.jpg

0d2cc30d96ecbba2f62a2725342cadde.jpg

black-confederate-16.jpg

xreu5qqt94xzwqc.jpg

karen-cooper-e1435807452991.jpg

f4258cc5a0a0e0efd5b638d5c0fc3297.jpg

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This isn't about what the real truth is about the flag. Its about what the majority of blacks think it stands for and Christians, for the sake of the gospel, should not dig their feet in the ground due to pride of a region of a country or a civic law.

When the civic matters more than love for a neighbor, we've lost sight of the gospel. If you were sent out of your homeland to a country like China, you're unconcerned about laws of the country complying to your baptist stances. You'll risk a bit and conceal as needed in order to bring the gospel to as many people and with a heart that the people are shows love.

Its great the SBC denounced the flag. Black southern baptist churches are growing fast. Tears were shed at the SBC convention.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This isn't about what the real truth is about the flag. Its about what the majority of blacks think it stands for and Christians, for the sake of the gospel, should not dig their feet in the ground due to pride of a region of a country or a civic law.

When the civic matters more than love for a neighbor, we've lost sight of the gospel. If you were sent out of your homeland to a country like China, you're unconcerned about laws of the country complying to your baptist stances. You'll risk a bit and conceal as needed in order to bring the gospel to as many people and with a heart that the people are shows love.

Its great the SBC denounced the flag. Black southern baptist churches are growing fast. Tears were shed at the SBC convention.

It isn't a matter of the Gospel or public opinion but a simple matter of what is true. Re-writing of history is not only dishonest and deceitful but makes history mean nothing.

The SBC did not need to denounce the "Stars and Bars" in order to preach the Gospel.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It isn't a matter of the Gospel or public opinion but a simple matter of what is true. Re-writing of history is not only dishonest and deceitful but makes history mean nothing.

The SBC did not need to denounce the "Stars and Bars" in order to preach the Gospel.

What is true? Most African Americans believe the Confederate flag is the flag of slavery. I changed my mind on this issue back in 2000 when I first went to my wife's dad's house in a small town in South Carolina. I was stunned at the size of the confederate flags I had seen on a couple of trucks that revivaled highrise building flags or front. Then there was the main street of the town which spilt the small town in half. Blacks all live in one side and whites in the other. Schools were the same. Stunning.

Its pride that it is the white people fighting for the flag in a multicultural country. It looks terrible. Then add on to of that the anger and pride of christians in these states to defend their rights for waving a flag but don't care a bit about their black neighbor who this offends.

What happened to submitting to the weaker?

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is true? Most African Americans believe the Confederate flag is the flag of slavery.

We can't do anything about what others believe.

I changed my mind on this issue back in 2000 when I first went to my wife's dad's house in a small town in South Carolina. I was stunned at the size of the confederate flags I had seen on a couple of trucks that revivaled highrise building flags or front. Then there was the main street of the town which spilt the small town in half. Blacks all live in one side and whites in the other. Schools were the same. Stunning.

Fact is, it has been that way for how many years?

But lets look at some facts shall we?

I started school on the heels of desegregation. Black children were (and still are) bused in from all areas to schools just to maintain a certain equality. Back in 1968, schools relied heavily on federal money. The more children they passed through school, the better it looked and the more money they got.

But there was a problem they didn't want to address. Many children, black and white, did not get a proper education. I still to this day have all my report cards from elementary school. There was no such thing as "kindergarten" or "pre-school", that was something only the well-to-do children got. So in 1968 when I started 1st grade, I was, and many say still am, "dumber than a rock". In the six years I attended elementary school, not once did I receive "Passed" to the next grade. Numerous kids like myself, were "transferred" to the next grade.

So who suffered?

Its pride that it is the white people fighting for the flag in a multicultural country. It looks terrible. Then add on to of that the anger and pride of christians in these states to defend their rights for waving a flag but don't care a bit about their black neighbor who this offends.

See, here is the contradictory statements.

Its borderline "hatred" for somebody to fly a Confederate Flag, (whether they are racist or not) but its perfectly acceptable for somebody to fly a Rainbow flag, or an African flag, or even the Nazi flag.

Has anybody recently even looked at the history books in schools now?

You should!

Does anybody besides myself remember that only 10-15 years ago, the school system wanted to take English out of the curriculum, and instead teach "Ebonics"?

Listen friend, I'll admit that even to this day, there are "racists" in the South that use that flag as a way to terrorize. But you cannot judge the whole by a few.

I know history, I say some people ought to sit down a study history and learn the facts.

Another fact is, we cannot change peoples minds overnight. In light of ignorance, especially over the Confederate flag, we must keep on educating and telling the truth. And the truth is, the world judges the whole by the actions of a few.

It is best if we remember:

“In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance.” ~ H. Jackson Brown

“A jug fills drop by drop.” ~ Buddha

And there is a quote from Ben-Hur which I dearly like:

"Balthasar is a good man. But until all men are like him,"

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The facts are not what folks want. They want to be duped into thinking and believing whatever suits them.

While many slaves did serve the Southern cause in the place of their masters most volunteered. They too were not fighting to keep slavery but to preserve the constitution and states rights. The constitution has slowly been eroded and replaced by the "Federal" government since before the War of Northern Aggression. Most of those who fought for the South didn't even own slaves. While the atrocities of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" did occur it was by no means the norm in the South. Slaves didn't live in luxury certainly but for the most part they were well taken care of just as men take care of their livestock today. The book was written not to expose the atrocities of slavery but in order to incite folks against it. It worked, of course, but an enormous amount of blood and lives was shed not in order to preserve slavery but in the cause of the South's right to govern themselves.

Most of the Southern officers were actual Southern gentlemen who lived by a code of honor in contrast to those of the North who committed atrocities on the families of the soldiers in the South in order to break the resolve of the Southern soldiers.

And one last fact that can be checked out if you so desire: Lincoln actually started the war on purpose when the state of South Carolina sent letters to him telling him that they would leave Fort Sumpter alone if he did not seek to reinforce it. He immediately sent soldiers to reinforce the fort in order to start the war knowing that the men of South Carolina would fire on it.

If "multicultural" means that we forget actual history and simply write our own in whatever vein we desire then "multiculturalism" is a farce.

Upvote 0

Omah1970

Nov 28, 2014
✟11,672.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
After recent events if last Sunday and following events hearing of two baptist churches practically praising the event, I'm no longer defending any Christian position on X. I'm more conservative theologically than most, but I also have recognized my Christianity isn't about making the second coming of Israel.

Here is the reality. X don't like Christians because they don't show love. Folks, claiming biblical principles to protect a US government defined stance on marriage is not love. Its a stupid self-defense mechanism.

The issue here is Christian right is wrong. Its hate. Learn to [emoji173] and still hold your convictions. The church has more to clean up internally

Amen and praise the Lord for you Mikedsjr. Well said.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The facts are not what folks want. They want to be duped into thinking and believing whatever suits them.

While many slaves did serve the Southern cause in the place of their masters most volunteered. They too were not fighting to keep slavery but to preserve the constitution and states rights. The constitution has slowly been eroded and replaced by the "Federal" government since before the War of Northern Aggression. Most of those who fought for the South didn't even own slaves. While the atrocities of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" did occur it was by no means the norm in the South. Slaves didn't live in luxury certainly but for the most part they were well taken care of just as men take care of their livestock today. The book was written not to expose the atrocities of slavery but in order to incite folks against it. It worked, of course, but an enormous amount of blood and lives was shed not in order to preserve slavery but in the cause of the South's right to govern themselves.

Most of the Southern officers were actual Southern gentlemen who lived by a code of honor in contrast to those of the North who committed atrocities on the families of the soldiers in the South in order to break the resolve of the Southern soldiers.

And one last fact that can be checked out if you so desire: Lincoln actually started the war on purpose when the state of South Carolina sent letters to him telling him that they would leave Fort Sumpter alone if he did not seek to reinforce it. He immediately sent soldiers to reinforce the fort in order to start the war knowing that the men of South Carolina would fire on it.

If "multicultural" means that we forget actual history and simply write our own in whatever vein we desire then "multiculturalism" is a farce.

You are absolutely right brother, and I was going to say the same you did had you not beat me to it.

Fact still is, the OP in this thread is focusing on only one problem.

I have shown there are others as worthy as this one.

Not twenty miles from my home, just across the state line is a billboard "recruiting" for the Klan.

My ex-brother-in-law told me the store where he works was frequented by members of the "Ayrian Brotherhood".

Twenty miles to the east of me, six to twelve months ago, a Jewish Temple was "spray-painted".

That is why I quoted the "patience" quotes.

The fact is, change has come, although slow, it has come. And there have some great changes in the South in the last 60 years.

My problem is, and still is, people want to focus on the "Stars and Bars" when the problem lies elsewhere.

The Confederate flag didn't start the war, or start slavery.

People also tend to forget that for 100 years before the Civil War, there was slavery in the Colonies in both the North and South.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As Christians our mission largely dictates cultural rights and wrong. When we knowingly do wrong to our mission, provided they are not moral issues, we do wrong to God.

When there are values within a culture that have nothing to do with morality (like the right to fly a flag) but those same values are also looked at as something hateful yet are still chosen then there is a pride issue and the value is being put first.

Why do something in that name of your heritage or rights when you know it will limit your ability to represent the gospel? We are called to hate the things of this world even our own parents if it gets in the way of Christ. It's just a stupid flag and people need to grow up and care more about representing the gospel correctly then their heritage.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As Christians our mission largely dictates cultural rights and wrong. When we knowingly do wrong to our mission, provided they are not moral issues, we do wrong to God.

When there are values within a culture that have nothing to do with morality (like the right to fly a flag) but those same values are also looked at as something hateful yet are still chosen then there is a pride issue and the value is being put first.

Why do something in that name of your heritage or rights when you know it will limit your ability to represent the gospel? We are called to hate the things of this world even our own parents if it gets in the way of Christ. It's just a stupid flag and people need to grow up and care more about representing the gospel correctly then their heritage.

Here again, this is a contradiction in scripture.

Honor your mother and father so that the days of life will be lengthened. (OT)

Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise) (NT)

My honoring my past has not in any way hindered my spreading of the Gospel or preaching or teaching as I was called.

There were, on both sides, some very Godly men. The best example I know of is Gen. Thomas (Stonewall) Jackson.

Deeply Presbyterian, he would not even send a letter if there was a chance it would travel on a Sunday.

And here again, this thread is only focused on one and only one thing...the Stars and Bars.

Forget homosexuals are living in abomination, and the "modern" church is telling us to accept this lifestyle, under a Rainbow flag.

People are allowed to fly a Nazi flag or an African flag, but hey, as long as its not the Stars and Bars, why care, just focus on those who fly a certain flag.

The problem in this thread also is people want to stand up against a certain thing, but let other things slide by.

My Bible tells me that if you keep 612 of the "Laws" and fail in one, you fail them all.

The same principle stands here.

You'll stand against those people who fly the Stars and Bars, but let the others go.

Either you stand for one and all, or don't stand at all.

I stand up for the 11th Amendment.

What will you do when you right to Free Speech, Freedom of Expression is taken away?

Right now, it is your right to stand on the corner and complain about anything. Take away a persons right to fly a flag of their choice, and you say its okay for the government to regulate what I can or cannot say.

And it has happened.

When it happens just remember, it happened in 1933 in Germany, and its happening again.

And when they take your Freedom of Expression, Free Speech, where will they stop?

When they take away your right to trial by jury?

When they can throw you in a prison cell for 100 years for stealing a loaf of bread to feed your child? (Cruel and Unusual Punishment)

What will you do when any police body or government agency can search your person and property without just cause or a warrant?

What will you do when they take away the 1st Amendment and tell you that the only acceptable church is "X"? (And this one is coming faster than you think)

Yes my friends, let us start down this slippery slope.

I want you and others here to remember this and let it sink into your hearts:

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me." -Martin Niemöller

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here again, this is a contradiction in scripture.

Honor your mother and father so that the days of life will be lengthened. (OT)

Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise) (NT)

My honoring my past has not in any way hindered my spreading of the Gospel or preaching or teaching as I was called.

There were, on both sides, some very Godly men. The best example I know of is Gen. Thomas (Stonewall) Jackson.

Deeply Presbyterian, he would not even send a letter if there was a chance it would travel on a Sunday.

And here again, this thread is only focused on one and only one thing...the Stars and Bars.

Forget homosexuals are living in abomination, and the "modern" church is telling us to accept this lifestyle, under a Rainbow flag.

People are allowed to fly a Nazi flag or an African flag, but hey, as long as its not the Stars and Bars, why care, just focus on those who fly a certain flag.

The problem in this thread also is people want to stand up against a certain thing, but let other things slide by.

My Bible tells me that if you keep 612 of the "Laws" and fail in one, you fail them all.

The same principle stands here.

You'll stand against those people who fly the Stars and Bars, but let the others go.

Either you stand for one and all, or don't stand at all.

I stand up for the 11th Amendment.

What will you do when you right to Free Speech, Freedom of Expression is taken away?

Right now, it is your right to stand on the corner and complain about anything. Take away a persons right to fly a flag of their choice, and you say its okay for the government to regulate what I can or cannot say.

And it has happened.

When it happens just remember, it happened in 1933 in Germany, and its happening again.

And when they take your Freedom of Expression, Free Speech, where will they stop?

When they take away your right to trial by jury?

When they can throw you in a prison cell for 100 years for stealing a loaf of bread to feed your child? (Cruel and Unusual Punishment)

What will you do when any police body or government agency can search your person and property without just cause or a warrant?

What will you do when they take away the 1st Amendment and tell you that the only acceptable church is "X"? (And this one is coming faster than you think)

Yes my friends, let us start down this slippery slope.

I want you and others here to remember this and let it sink into your hearts:

"First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me." -Martin Niemöller

God Bless

Till all are one.
I see Goodwin's Law is proven again which is "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazism or Hitler approaches 1" but I digress.

You seem to be very defined but your rights and heritage and desire to speak out for those rights even when unpopular. These are wasted ambitions when they do not honor christ. I encourage you to release the grip of these things as they themselves do not represent the gospel. Why? Because we are called to always take the high Road and to the weak become weak so that christ may be glorified.

So to the weak ignorant person who is offended by this symbol you hang on to so tightly, even if misrepresented, we are called to love them and show them christ. If flying a flag removes the opportunity to love that person and show them christ then without hesitation remove the flag and show them christ.

Colors have arbitrary values and neither speak for a cause or against them but if my neighbour is offended by the color pink for me to show them love I would abstain from all things pink so that they might see christ through me. Put away your pride and look at how your mission sees things not how you see them. Then respond to them in a way that would speak to them with that understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you read Southern Baptist history or heritage?

Do you realize that the Southern Baptists existed before the "War of Northern Aggression"? (Just kidding folks)

The SBC was founded in 1845.

In 1861 the Civil War began, and ended in 1865.

If your correct, it wasn't until 50 years ago that the SBC denounced the "Stars and Bars", what does it mean for the 101 years before that?

Why is it that when people wear or show the Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow colors of another country, even though they were born here, nobody objects? :scratch:

But let somebody who's proud of their southern heritage fly the "Stars and Bars" people are offended? :scratch:

Or a "Rainbow" flag? :scratch:

Do you realize that for nearly 3 years, each state fought under it's own flag, and the "Stars and Bars" only came out very late in the war. And then, only represented one state? :scratch:

Why is it, that of the 500,000 soldiers of the South that were killed only 1% were ever buried in a properly marked grave? :scratch:

Why is it the rest were "disposed of" in mass graves just like the Jews (estimated around 6,000,000) who perished in the holocaust? :scratch:

Why is it that Northern Soldiers are individualy buried in marked graves and in places of honor, yet soldiers of the south are hardly even remembered, let alone honored? :scratch:

And lets not forget what the Northern States, rather the United States done to the Southern States during the years of the "Reconstruction"!

Do you realize that although the issue of "slavery" was one of the causes of the Civil War, the primary cause was the issue of "States Rights"?

"The most important causes Southerners listed for the war were unfair taxation, states' rights, and the slavery issue."

Source

House Bill 2 here in No. Carolina has brought this to the forefront. Yet the federal government as "dictated" to No. Carolina that they can't do that.

Do you realize that one of the same causes of the Civil War is coming out again? States Rights. :scratch:

Why is it that the most hated symbol and flag in the history of the world can be flown and nobody hardly raises a concern about it? :scratch:

More people were killed/murdered under this symbol and flag than in the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam combined.

And that in three days of battle, nearly 51,000 were killed, wounded, or missing in action at Gettysburg. That's almost as many as were killed, wounded, or missing in action in 14 years in Vietnam (1961-1975). :scratch:

Why is it the people of Westboro Baptist church can come out in nothing but "pure" hatred, and people think, no believe that the entire Southern Baptists believe as they do? :scratch:

Why is it that "radical Islamists" can do as they did in Florida this week, and the President of the United States refuses to call the act and person what they are/were? :scratch:

Radio personality Robert D. Rayford said it correct: "We are quickly becoming America the offended".

If I could afford it, there would be three flags in my front yard.

In the middle and higher than the rest, an American flag.

On the right, and lower, a North Carolina flag.

On the left, and lower, the Stars and Bars.

For 4 years I served in the United States Marine Corps. I may not like what group X, Y, or Z has to say, but I will fight for their right to say it.

OK, I'm getting off my soapbox.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Well written, well presented, and you facts are correct! Too bad so many do not know the facts about the Civil War. I can state there were MORE than 600,000 killed in that bloody war. Having been raised in California VERY LITTLE was taught about the Civil War. Most of what I have learned has come about by my moving to Missouri in 1985. There is always much more to the truth than just one fact.

The only reason the SBC most likely made a statement about the X flag is because of what happened in our recent times with the flag, some people find the flag very shameful and represents hate to them. Where I live it is used as a way of communicating being rebellious spirit, and in a few cases it means blacks stay out even still.

War is always centered in hatred, anger, and great evil. We will always have hatred, and anger and evil until Jesus comes again.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see Goodwin's Law is proven again which is "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazism or Hitler approaches 1" but I digress.

You seem to be very defined but your rights and heritage and desire to speak out for those rights even when unpopular. These are wasted ambitions when they do not honor christ. I encourage you to release the grip of these things as they themselves do not represent the gospel. Why? Because we are called to always take the high Road and to the weak become weak so that christ may be glorified.

So to the weak ignorant person who is offended by this symbol you hang on to so tightly, even if misrepresented, we are called to love them and show them christ. If flying a flag removes the opportunity to love that person and show them christ then without hesitation remove the flag and show them christ.

Colors have arbitrary values and neither speak for a cause or against them but if my neighbour is offended by the color pink for me to show them love I would abstain from all things pink so that they might see christ through me. Put away your pride and look at how your mission sees things not how you see them. Then respond to them in a way that would speak to them with that understanding.

I served in the U.S.M.C. I served to protect the rights you are bashing me about. I might not like what certain groups may say, but I will defend their right to say it.

When the government tells you it is illegal to pass out witness tracs, or preach on the corner, or even passively protest due to you Christian beliefs, remember what I have said.

Because friend, it has already happened.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I served in the U.S.M.C. I served to protect the rights you are bashing me about. I might not like what certain groups may say, but I will defend their right to say it.

When the government tells you it is illegal to pass out witness tracs, or preach on the corner, or even passively protest due to you Christian beliefs, remember what I have said.

Because friend, it has already happened.

God Bless

Till all are one.
I think you are assuming that I'm an American and I live in a country with freedom of religion; neither of which are true. I know more about oppressive environments than you might think but my rights or lack there of do not trump my missional mandate to show others christ.

A flag can represent political motivations and heritage but does not represent christ. It certainly doesn't mean it is anti-christ but when these things work against our ability to show others christ then we need to choose christ over our "rights" and this is choosing a position of humility over pride.

If the latter is chosen then you need to ask what you are first an American? or a follower of Christ? I believe it is the follower of Christ but it feels like you are only defending your American rights and heritage.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you are assuming that I'm an American and I live in a country with freedom of religion; neither of which are true. I know more about oppressive environments than you might think but my rights or lack there of do not trump my missional mandate to show others christ.

A flag can represent political motivations and heritage but does not represent christ. It certainly doesn't mean it is anti-christ but when these things work against our ability to show others christ then we need to choose christ over our "rights" and this is choosing a position of humility over pride.

If the latter is chosen then you need to ask what you are first an American? or a follower of Christ? I believe it is the follower of Christ but it feels like you are only defending your American rights and heritage.

So, what in any of posts says that I do not, or cannot or even hamper the message to "go out unto all the world"?

NOTHING!

Darn right I'm defending my American rights.

United States Marine Corps Core Values:

1. God
2. Family
3. Country
4. Corps

In that order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where, where have I violated any of the above?!?

Always, always put God first. Family Second. Country.

So please, don't come in here and tell me I'm not obeying:

"Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

I am, a licensed preacher and ordained deacon.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0