Dec 28, 2016
Europe
✟17,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi There,

This may come across as a little "shallow", and i obviously care about other subjects a lot, but i was wondering how people feel about asking God to take care of your looks. Because in the bible it says: "let your youth be renewed like an eagle". Most people might interpreted that as your energy but why not also the outside? Most prayers are about other subjects but if you feed your body well and ask God to make you look young do you feel that is just what He would do? Myself i believe that God listens to even the smallest prayers and have people seen pray about long hair and all sort. There is even a rejuvenation prayer on Youtube. I was just wondering how other people feel because i believe we can do all things through Christ:) How do you feel about this?

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi There,

This may come across as a little "shallow", and i obviously care about other subjects a lot, but i was wondering how people feel about asking God to take care of your looks. Because in the bible it says: "let your youth be renewed like an eagle". Most people might interpreted that as your energy but why not also the outside? Most prayers are about other subjects but if you feed your body well and ask God to make you look young do you feel that is just what He would do? Myself i believe that God listens to even the smallest prayers and have people seen pray about long hair and all sort. There is even a rejuvenation prayer on Youtube. I was just wondering how other people feel because i believe we can do all things through Christ:) How do you feel about this?
Our desires for temporal beauty are not God's will for us as they come from our carnal desires. The Bible clearly says that God hears the prayers of the humble and contrite person, not the prayers of vanity.

Job 35:13
Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.

Psalm 94:11
The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

Psalm 39:11
When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.

Proverbs 31:30
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Chica

Dec 28, 2016
Europe
✟17,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our desires for temporal beauty are not God's will for us as they come from our carnal desires. The Bible clearly says that God hears the prayers of the humble and contrite person, not the prayers of vanity.

When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

Thank you for your respons!
I have looked up your verses and it might be a translation thing but the verses in my bible say something different then vanity. Do you interpreted vanity as always beauty related?
In psalm 39:9 it also says " free me from all my sins" and is a verse in the old Testament.;) Do you not believe that Jesus has died for all our sins? Because most verses you quoted are in the old Testament. How do you feel we should interpreted "and let your youth be renewed like an eagle"? ;)I feel a lot of people (including me) just interpreted the verses in the bible from their own understanding, which is all we can do, but that then sometimes makes that you see thing differently from each other. I do believe people should be humble and does that also mean that you are not allowed to want to feel and look beautiful as a woman? Because God has made us all beautiful. It does not imply better then someone else;) And when Gods love shines through your eyes it amazing and beautiful. And I also feel it is an insult to God not to feel happy and beautiful with how God has made you. I know it is something different then being vane about it. But when a girl would feel insecure about herself I am sure God would want her to feel happy in life and about how He has created her. Is it then not good to ask God to help you?
You gave me something to think about, thanks!

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your respons!
I have looked up your verses and it might be a translation thing but the verses in my bible say something different then vanity. Do you interpreted vanity as always beauty related?
In psalm 39:9 it also says " free me from all my sins" and is a verse in the old Testament.;) Do you not believe that Jesus has died for all our sins? Because most verses you quoted are in the old Testament. How do you feel we should interpreted "and let your youth be renewed like an eagle"? ;)I feel a lot of people (including me) just interpreted the verses in the bible from their own understanding, which is all we can do, but that then sometimes makes that you see thing differently from each other. I do believe people should be humble and does that also mean that you are not allowed to want to feel and look beautiful as a woman? Because God has made us all beautiful. It does not imply better then someone else;) And when Gods love shines through your eyes it amazing and beautiful. And I also feel it is an insult to God not to feel happy and beautiful with how God has made you. I know it is something different then being vane about it. But when a girl would feel insecure about herself I am sure God would want her to feel happy in life and about how He has created her. Is it then not good to ask God to help you?
You gave me something to think about, thanks!
God will beautify the inside... that is all He cares about. One who is beautiful inside with God in their hearts will be beautiful outside. Outward beauty and youthfulness is fleeting and a snare...

Thank you for receiving my response with the spirit it was given... God bless you and have wonderful Sabbath!

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Strange isn't it that God made beautiful Animals,Sunsets,Flowers and colors of every description and it was "good" but when it comes to people we are to be ugly if not born that way then at least made that way over time.....ever been to an old folks home and seen the empty shells that are there who just stare out into nothing.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God will beautify the inside... that is all He cares about. One who is beautiful inside with God in their hearts will be beautiful outside. Outward beauty and youthfulness is fleeting and a snare...

But the rest of his creation is renewed inside and out,the beauty of a flower or some other part of creation is not a snare.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But the rest of his creation is renewed inside and out,the beauty of a flower or some other part of creation is not a snare.
That my friend is the effects of 6000 years of sin.... Wait until you see Adam and Eve to see what the beauty God created us to be is...

Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was just wondering how other people feel because i believe we can do all things through Christ:) How do you feel about this?

An interesting premise, in the fact that it presupposes a standard for beauty.

At my age (54), I am not looking for porcelain features... I would be attracted to a woman who is tanned with weathering, and with creases of wisdom etched in her face... Well kept, to be sure, but she'd understand her beauty to include those features...

And it's likely a calloused hand that I would hold, with nails cut short to be out of the way... Hands that know all to well how to lay out a dinner table for a host of kin, with all the kids and grandkids... She's not all that worried about her manicure...

She wouldn't care for the latest styles... dressed normally in wore out bluejeans and a pair of boots, or a sundress on a summers day...
She's driven the hay truck so many times, I don't even worry about it anymore, and she's been so long helping me with things, that I don't even have to ask her for a tool from the box, as she knows already which ones I will need next. She's been around long enough to automatically know to hold up the other end of something I'm working on, and which gates need to be open when I am driving the cattle through...

She's the anchor of the entire family - Wisdom itself to her daughters and daughters-in-law (no real difference in the two), and a steadying influence on her sons and sons-in-law (again, no difference). She dotes on her grand babies, Teaching them as only a grandmother can do...

Her house is a sanctuary, full of memories, open all the time to her children and their families... folks are always dropping by, and she's never so busy that she can't make lunch or watch the young ones for a while... That house is the hub of our whole world, and she is ever it's very center.

Her reserves of love are unlimited. nothing shakes her in it anymore... She governs just as a govnerness should - with well-won poise and understanding... but she will not put up with any crap from anyone, and she spies it out immediately. Even in me.

She is the mercy to my justice. She tempers me in heat, and cools me when my hand is too heavy. She still rolls her eyes at what I do, but she quit trying to change me a long time ago... I'm gonna do it, and she knows it... and she'll just shake her head and let me... and love me anyway.

And when we sit out on the porch at night, out under that blanket of stars, I see her sitting there, content in the moonlight shining off her graying hair, her old eyes full of peace and love, And I'd wonder how I ever came to be such a lucky man.

Regain her beauty? How can that be? she is more beautiful now than she has ever been.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chica
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chica

Dec 28, 2016
Europe
✟17,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

At my age (54), I am not looking for porcelain features... I would be attracted to a woman who is tanned with weathering, and with creases of wisdom etched in her face... Well kept, to be sure, but she'd understand her beauty to include those features...

And it's likely a calloused hand that I would hold, with nails cut short to be out of the way... Hands that know all to well how to lay out a dinner table for a host of kin, with all the kids and grandkids... She's not all that worried about her manicure...

She wouldn't care for the latest styles... dressed normally in wore out bluejeans and a pair of boots, or a sundress on a summers day...
She's driven the hay truck so many times, I don't even worry about it anymore, and she's been so long helping me with things, that I don't even have to ask her for a tool from the box, as she knows already which ones I will need next. She's been around long enough to automatically know to hold up the other end of something I'm working on, and which gates need to be open when I am driving the cattle through...

She's the anchor of the entire family - Wisdom itself to her daughters and daughters-in-law (no real difference in the two), and a steadying influence on her sons and sons-in-law (again, no difference). She dotes on her grand babies, Teaching them as only a grandmother can do...

Her house is a sanctuary, full of memories, open all the time to her children and their families... folks are always dropping by, and she's never so busy that she can't make lunch or watch the young ones for a while... That house is the hub of our whole world, and she is ever it's very center.

Her reserves of love are unlimited. nothing shakes her in it anymore... She governs just as a govnerness should - with well-won poise and understanding... but she will not put up with any crap from anyone, and she spies it out immediately. Even in me.

She is the mercy to my justice. She tempers me in heat, and cools me when my hand is too heavy. She still rolls her eyes at what I do, but she quit trying to change me a long time ago... I'm gonna do it, and she knows it... and she'll just shake her head and let me... and love me anyway.

And when we sit out on the porch at night, out under that blanket of stars, I see her sitting there, content in the moonlight shining off her graying hair, her old eyes full of peace and love, And I'd wonder how I ever came to be such a lucky man.

Regain her beauty? How can that be? she is more beautiful now than she has ever been.
Such a beautiful beautiful and loving responce!

Reactions: roamer_1
Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is a standard for everything,a circle is required to be round,a square is required to be...well,square,hot is hot and cold is cold.

That simply isn't true. Many things cannot be easily quantified, if quantified at all - Music comes to mind. One 'size' does not fit all. It's the same with beauty - It is, as advertised, found in the eye of the beholder.

Reactions: Chica
Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Unfortunately, that "unicorn" woman could be categorized as "endangered species" in modern time.

King Lemuel once asked rhetorically, "An excellent wife who can find?" (Proverbs 31:10)

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That simply isn't true. Many things cannot be easily quantified, if quantified at all - Music comes to mind. One 'size' does not fit all. It's the same with beauty - It is, as advertised, found in the eye of the beholder.

In your opinion it may not be true but there is a gently accepted standard for almost everything.try applying for a job as a doctor without a medical degree,like wise try and get a job that for whatever reason requires attractiveness when you are not and see how it goes,its almost always those who don't meet a set of standards that want to get rid of them

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums