Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, Protestant Affairs Director.

So what does a PAD do? What are Protestant Affairs? Sounds like a TV show on FOX or something...

Does that mean someone is a CAD? Catholic Affairs Director. And who is the CAD...:p

If we had a Baptist Affairs Director, would he or she be BAD?

We could have one for the Fundamentalists but maybe that would just be a FAD...

<<I could go on...:)>>

Reactions: joyfulthanks
Upvote 0

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
you are on a roll, Menno. :D

I was looking for a public thread that talks about what the PAD is, and can't find one. :eek: I have a very tiny idea myself, and what I do know seems to be private information. Don't know what to tell ya, man.

So long as I'm not the Spirit-filled Affairs Director; that'd be SAD! :p

Upvote 0

synger

Confessional Liturgical Lutheran
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2006
✟44,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I've been pseudo-following this brouhaha for a while now. I'm new to the boards, but in a community this size I think it's fairly important to have a basic understanding of how it's run.

From what I've been able to figure out, there is a Webmaster, Erwin, who has final say in things. Under him is the Executive Committee, which has five people -- the Operations Director and the four members of the Ecumenical Review Committee. The committee consists of the Ecumenical Director/Site Chaplain, the Orthodox Affairs Director (OAD), the Catholic Affairs Director (CAD), and the Protestant Affairs Director (PAD). It's nominations for a new PAD that are being discussed now.

It's my understanding that these folks get involved when issues that can't be decided at the mod/supervisor level. The OAD, CAD, and PAD represent the doctrinal issues and concerns that each of these major branches of Christianity tend to have. Their job descriptions say that they are supposed to make sure that the site as a whole is being fair to Orthodox/Catholics/Protestants members.

Upvote 0

synger

Confessional Liturgical Lutheran
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2006
✟44,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
*snickers* Yes, you could. You chose not to.

Although with a name like syngerLAD I think I'd have to chime in on the thread about women wearing skirts... just so people are sure of my gender.

*can already tell she's going to be humming "Have you ever seen a Laddie?" all the way home*

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.