Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh no. A bunch of UNMARRIED (<<added) adults having consensual intercourse, the horror.

It is , especially for America with its national STD Epidemic which has killed many Players prematurely, given countless an STD for life, allowed Babies to be born with an STD , allowed for many kids to be raised by mom alone, costs the Nation billions of dollars annually , and rips to pieces approx. 4,000 developing Americans while in the womb --- sexual hedonisms 'ace in the whole' (95% of all abortions performed) .

How come you dont really care ?

Upvote 0

Contented

Aug 1, 2011
Barbados
✟15,773.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am for whatever God has instructed thru his words to all of mankind called The Bible. I figure he should have a pretty good handle on whats best for us and how we should live .

Contraceptives used for sex within a marriage to prevent conception because it may not be the right time to bring a child into the marriage yet, etc... is fine . Contraceptives used for dangerous casual sex with the unmarried...is not fine because it enables sexual immorality ; instead such people need to delay gratification until they are ready to get married and at the same time they will avoid STD's of which two can kill and which most are permenant for life with no cure...in addition to eliminating a child being born out of wedlock or worse, the mother killing her developing child by giving permission to have it broken to pieces then sucked into a nearby sink while she patiently sits by .

The whole idea by obeying God and his moral laws, are so we dont end up harming ourselves physically, emotionally, and spiritually ; he isnt a killjoy to our fun....he loves us so much . We reap what we sow.

Don't argue with the atheists here, the bible is not their moral compass.

Crop Over Kadooment

After all of this the AIDS rate will increase I am sure.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
TheyCallMeDave said:
It is , especially for America with its national STD Epidemic which has killed many Players prematurely, given countless an STD for life, allowed Babies to be born with an STD , allowed for many kids to be raised by mom alone, costs the Nation billions of dollars annually , and rips to pieces approx. 4,000 developing Americans while in the womb --- sexual hedonisms 'ace in the whole' (95% of all abortions performed) .

Hence, the condoms, obviously.

TheyCallMeDave said:

I do, which is why I thoroughly support the distribution of contraception to the athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0
I

IanCG

This is England, and condoms reduce STDs and abortions.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Don't argue with the atheists here, the bible is not their moral compass.

1. There is no such thing as a real 'atheist' ; it takes too much faith to believe Nothing made our Universe and everything in it by nothing from nothing for absolutely no reason (and by accident !).

2. God doesnt believe in 'atheists' .

3. No one need look in the Bible to determine what is right from wrong ; there isnt a Sexual Hedonist alive that doesnt realize that he/she is doing wrong. They have the capacity to veto their moral conscience though. Same for all of us .

Upvote 0
I

IanCG

1. There is no such thing as a real 'atheist' ; it takes too much faith to believe Nothing made our Universe and everything in it by nothing from nothing for absolutely no reason (and by accident !).

2. God doesnt believe in 'atheists' .

3. No one need look in the Bible to determine what is right from wrong ; there isnt a Sexual Hedonist alive that doesnt realize that he/she is doing wrong. They have the capacity to veto their moral conscience though. Same for all of us .
Sorry, I thought you were here in good faith. I won't make that mistake again.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is England, and condoms reduce STDs and abortions.

No....condoms , because they encourage more sexual immoral activity, actually increase STD's and walk in abortions . Professional Studies show that latex condoms have an approx. 30% failure rate . Do a google. They tear, they rip, they arent put on correctly, or they come off during sex.

Its a shame that England didnt keep its Godly roots . Same for America.

Upvote 0
I

IanCG

No....condoms , because they encourage more sexual immoral activity, actually increase STD's and walk in abortions . Professional Studies show that latex condoms have an approx. 30% failure rate . Do a google. They tear, they rip, they arent put on correctly, or they come off during sex.

Reality disagrees with you. Can't help you there.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hence, the condoms, obviously.

I do, which is why I thoroughly support the distribution of contraception to the athletes.

More condom use at a 30% failure rate = more STD's / more abortions for birth control / more babies being born with an STD / more babies being born and raised because 'Dad' just wanted to be a sperm donor / and greater financial stress on a given Nation for healthcare .

Get it out of your mind that hookup sex is safe. Its not. Its proven to be dangerous. Ask the people who have a lifelong STD or loved ones of the HIV/AIDS deceased.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Reality disagrees with you. Can't help you there.

Reality is something that perhaps you dont want to look at ; it might squelch the fun a bit and we cant have anything interfering with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

IanCG

More condom use at a 30% failure rate = more STD's / more abortions for birth control / more babies being born with an STD / more babies being born and raised because 'Dad' just wanted to be a sperm donor / and greater financial stress on a given Nation for healthcare .

Get it out of your mind that hookup sex is safe. Its not. Its proven to be dangerous. Ask the people who have a lifelong STD or loved ones of the HIV/AIDS deceased.

Even with a 30% failure rate (which I think is grossly over exaggerated), even 70% success is better than 0 without a condom.

You can't make people not have sex. You simply can't. What you can do is minimize the unintended effects. And with someone who says their concerned with single parents, STDs, abortion rates, and financial burden, you're awfully concerned with stopping the one thing that has been shown to lower all of those.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ah, explain more about this objective moral code. How do we know what the code is? What if we disagree about what the code is? Can we reason together to figure it out?

There is a Moral Law (code) that is intrinsic to every human being that was born. This Moral Law to which our moral conscience is a manifestation of, comes directly from our Creator as a prescription given us out of his love and concern for US...his most prized and loved possession. He wanted humankind to be different than the forest animals living by instinct...so he infused in all of us an actual PIECE of his very person, character, and nature. We know that something is absolutely right or wrong by allowing the Moral Law in us to be energized ; we dont create it...we discover it . If we created it, it would be just mans opinion as to whats right and wrong and without any objectivity in that regard, Hitler was not objectively wrong in murdering millions of Jews and Christians for he honestly believed it was right and so did his faithful army. We ultimately know something is wrong or right by seeing if there is FIDELITY TO THE ORIGINAL (which is how Webster defines Truth) . The Original is God and his character, person, and nature....so.... if we want to know if casual sex is wrong , we check to see if there is any fidelity to the Original (God) ., and when we do, we see that there isnt because its not of God for people to use each other for temporary satisfaction / he created sex for a lifelong commitment called marriage / he created sex to greatly stengthen the emotional bond between a husband and wife which is NOT want casual hookup Partners want in the least -- they just want a copulation with no commitment or love feelings to go with it. Heres another example : We can know that lying is always wrong because God is TRUTH and cannot lie , so with lying there is no fidelity to the original .

Now, this works out very well so long as people dont willfully suppress their God given Moral Law (Moral Conscience) , but, because mankind thinks nothing of being self centered and self serving to get what he/she wants asap....havoc , harm, destruction, and sometimes even premature death occurs as a result. This is the sad state of our world, but, God in his love provided a way for us to be reconciled back to him IF we want to be ...and that is thru the finished sacrificial death of his Son sent to earth to purposely die on the cross to pay for our many accumulated sins. Once a person recieves unto himself the calvary work of Jesus , we are reconc- iled in Gods eyes and he comes to actually live within us to give us power and victory to overcome the temptation and lure of sexual sin as well as other sins. We can walk in victory in CHrist PLUS he gaurantees us a place in Heaven for all of eternity as a supreme token of his love for us because we are now the righteousness of his Son, Christ.

So , that is the long and short of it. WHen we willfully choose to sin against God and desire our OWN way, there is always destruction, chaos, harm associated with it as a consequence. And when we willfully choose to want God and live for him, we get not only protected from the consequences...but we get blessed for being obedient and in time...it becomes easier to be more obedient to the things of God. Its our choice, but with present and eternal ramifications.

Where we spend eternity is OUR choice : If a person wants great closeness to God, he grants more of it in eternity. And if the person desires great distance from God now, he grants it much more only for all of eternity. We choose, God grants. The wise chooses God now and defers gratification (which is wrong and immoral) in this very short earthly life , and is willing to wait for the best which is to come in eternity. The Foolish say "I want what i want and right now..im not waiting" .

Regards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
TheyCallMeDave said:
There is a Moral Law (code) that is intrinsic to every human being that was born. This Moral Law to which our moral conscience is a manifestation of, comes directly from our Creator as a prescription given us out of his love and concern for US...his most prized and loved possession. He wanted humankind to be different than the forest animals living by instinct...so he infused in all of us an actual PIECE of his very person, character, and nature. We know that something is absolutely right or wrong by allowing the Moral Law in us to be energized ; we dont create it...we discover it . If we created it, it would be just mans opinion as to whats right and wrong and without any objectivity in that regard, Hitler was not objectively wrong in murdering millions of Jews and Christians for he honestly believed it was right and so did his faithful army. We ultimately know something is wrong or right by seeing if there is FIDELITY TO THE ORIGINAL (which is how Webster defines Truth) . The Original is God and his character, person, and nature....so.... if we want to know if casual sex is wrong , we check to see if there is any fidelity to the Original (God) ., and when we do, we see that there isnt because its not of God for people to use each other for temporary satisfaction / he created sex for a lifelong commitment called marriage / he created sex to greatly stengthen the emotional bond between a husband and wife which is NOT want casual hookup Partners want in the least -- they just want a copulation with no commitment or love feelings to go with it. Heres another example : We can know that lying is always wrong because God is TRUTH and cannot lie , so with lying there is no fidelity to the original .

Now, this works out very well so long as people dont willfully suppress their God given Moral Law (Moral Conscience) , but, because mankind thinks nothing of being self centered and self serving to get what he/she wants asap....havoc , harm, destruction, and sometimes even premature death occurs as a result. This is the sad state of our world, but, God in his love provided a way for us to be reconciled back to him IF we want to be ...and that is thru the finished sacrificial death of his Son sent to earth to purposely die on the cross to pay for our many accumulated sins. Once a person recieves unto himself the calvary work of Jesus , we are reconc- iled in Gods eyes and he comes to actually live within us to give us power and victory to overcome the temptation and lure of sexual sin as well as other sins. We can walk in victory in CHrist PLUS he gaurantees us a place in Heaven for all of eternity as a supreme token of his love for us because we are now the righteousness of his Son, Christ.

So , that is the long and short of it. WHen we willfully choose to sin against God and desire our OWN way, there is always destruction, chaos, harm associated with it as a consequence. And when we willfully choose to want God and live for him, we get not only protected from the consequences...but we get blessed for being obedient and in time...it becomes easier to be more obedient to the things of God. Its our choice, but with present and eternal ramifications.

Where we spend eternity is OUR choice : If a person wants great closeness to God, he grants more of it in eternity. And if the person desires great distance from God now, he grants it much more only for all of eternity. We choose, God grants. The wise chooses God now and defers gratification (which is wrong and immoral) now, and is willing to wait for the best which is to come in eternity. The Foolish say "I want what i want and right now..im not waiting" .

Regards.

That's a nice opinion.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Even with a 30% failure rate (which I think is grossly over exaggerated), even 70% success is better than 0 without a condom.

You can't make people not have sex. You simply can't. What you can do is minimize the unintended effects. And with someone who says their concerned with single parents, STDs, abortion rates, and financial burden, you're awfully concerned with stopping the one thing that has been shown to lower all of those.

True, only God in his love as demonstrated in Christ dying for our many sins...CAN change the heart and mind. It changed this once Sexual Hedonist , Thief, and dishonest person (me) when no book, person, or source could. Only Christ has the power to change the selfish human heart. It requires our cooperation starting with a humble heart asking for forgiveness ; then God starts to do an amazing work in the heart of that person. Its called a true born-again experience because you are made a new creation versus what you were before. Theres no greater experience and joy knowing this has took place and that youre going to heaven . Totally undeserved but gratefully recieved as a free gift from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's a nice opinion.

Its not just 'an opinion' . You can know our personal Creator on a deep level too if you desire . In fact, he wants you to and is ready to reveal himself to you even more than the creation all around you that can be examined , marveled at, and enjoyed. If you make the first move in his direction, he will come closer to you . ANd its nothing mystical...its just the plain way he works. Ready to give God a chance with your life ? No one is ever regretful they did. Regards.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Even using your unlinked stat-

How does a failure rate of 30% equal MORE STD's and pregnancies than no condoms at all when 70% succeed?

The fact is distributing condoms at huge events is more about keeping safe sex in the public eye than it is about assumptions that all those people will have sex. With so many who are HIV+ now often living lives as long as they would have without HIV too many people don't have the same concerns they had in the late 80's and early 90's about disease. You don't have to agree with it. Nobody is forcing anyone to have sex by handing out condoms. You can say "no thanks" that's the amazing thing about free will... I know people are uncomfortable with having their values and beliefs tested but you know.. think how much more self righteous you can be by being someone who sticks by your values even when tempted...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.