United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel very numb right now, I cant really think properly.
I got over 90% in each homework for a module I'm doing but I did the exam today and let's just say it's unlikely I'll even get 60%

I couldn't think properly under the time pressure and couldn't find the problems in my answers because I didn't have the time to think it out clearly.
I'm feeling sad as I made effort to understand everything throughout the year but when under enormous time pressure I crumbled.

:(

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I got over 90% in each homework for a module I'm doing but I did the exam today and let's just say it's unlikely I'll even get 60%

I couldn't think properly under the time pressure and couldn't find the problems in my answers because I didn't have the time to think it out clearly.
I'm feeling sad as I made effort to understand everything throughout the year but when under enormous time pressure I crumbled.

It always feels bad when you don’t do well in an exam.

I failed my A levels in the first attempt and it was crushing. But even if you do (it’s not certain yet) you will have plenty of time in you life to make good.

I know that sounds like empty words right now but in five years you won’t care about this.

All the best.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

dont worry atleast jesus is proud of you

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It always feels bad when you don’t do well in an exam.

I failed my A levels in the first attempt and it was crushing. But even if you do (it’s not certain yet) you will have plenty of time in you life to make good.

I know that sounds like empty words right now but in five years you won’t care about this.

All the best.
Thanks. I’m just gutted that I didn’t have time to finish all the questions as I’m a slow typer and so I threw maybe 20% away just because of that

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember those days Andrew. I also went back after I retired. I am so sorry that you froze up. It won't get any better as you progress into the work market and find yourself competing with others for jobs and promotions and just under the normal work pressure to get more done in less time which seems to always be the prerogative. But don't get discouraged, get determined to do what you have to do to calm down and rest on the fact that you know it and forget the time pressure. If you do not get it completed it is a LOT better to have gotten 90% of the test completed with correct answers than all of the questions answered but most incorrectly. One saying a Professor give us to tell any one who puts us under impossible time pressure for a complex perfect quality job, "RIGHT NOW", that I have never forgotten is, "Do you want it done NOW or do you want it done RIGHT? The two are incompatible." Over time you will be much more happier and content to perform at the full capacity which God has endowed you with than spending your life trying to meet impossible demands. Let the proud, arrogant, and conceited individuals fight over the few and imagined tid bits for livi8ng such a stressful life. Most of them, if not all, are cheating one way or another to "meet" those demands anyway. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." This is a Bible verse which its address evades me now but try to remember "all things" does not mean what others can do but rather what you can do. As we develop into our adulthood we find ourselves realizing our potential as we meet new challenges and discover that we can do things which we never even imagined being able to do. It is a wonderful time. Try to remember that each and every person is different with different potentials and capabilities. All we have to do is follow the Biblical instruction to always work in whatever we are doing as if we are working for the Lord as we represent Him here on earth. And He knows who and what we are better than we do ourselves. Pray that He will give you this knowledge. He knows our weaknesses, too. Pray that He will share this with you so that you can try to develop what HE, not any one else, including you, wants you to become. You care about your grades that is good, many don't. But what matters most is that you have comprehended and imprinted the material in a manner in which you remember it and know how to integrate it into your knowledge base and how to integrate and coordinate it with your life's experiences. Many famous people, even geniuses, have failed in their curriculum studies or exams and later showed that they had REALLY gotten it. The way in which learning institutions, especially academic curriculum, test their students is mostly not applicable to real or practical situations. It would be too costly, prohibitive, to do such testing. They do the best that they can with what they have. Many times knowing the right answer proves useless in application as integration of social skills and graces are demanded to be able to apply the knowledge effectively, for example.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel very numb right now, I cant really think properly. I got over 90% in each homework for a module I'm doing but I did the exam today and let's just say it's unlikely I'll even get 60%. I couldn't think properly under the time pressure and couldn't find the problems in my answers because I didn't have the time to think it out clearly. I'm feeling sad as I made effort to understand everything throughout the year but when under enormous time pressure I crumbled.

So it was the test that failed to discover how much you learned!

Tell the test "Too bad you failed, stupid test, but I get to keep what I learned for future use anyway!" Tell that to all your graders when they mess up.

Upvote 0

hope faith love

****LOVE****
Dec 29, 2019
SYLACAUGA
✟15,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced

it's ok *** Dont be so hard on yourself *** put it in Gods hands and trust him

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Thanks. I’m just gutted that I didn’t have time to finish all the questions as I’m a slow typer and so I threw maybe 20% away just because of that
The first thing I did when I saw my results was to vomit. You will stop caring but at the point in time these things happen don’t let anyone minimise what you’re experiencing.

All the best

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
30 years ago, I sat down for a thermodynamics exam, took one look, burst into tears and walked out... I talked to the prof and got to retake it. Passed but not well. One thing you might want to do is work with someone at handling timed situations and develop coping skills. I have to maintain IT certifications which are all timed exams and I have come up with my own techniques to work through the stress. Im happy to share them as some of my exams are 3-4 hours long.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Don't let it keep you down. You won't care about it a few weeks later. In a few years you'll be laughing about it.

Upvote 0