England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I love this mans preaching, when I was younger his no nonsense approach was like a grandfather , preaching Jesus with authority ..

Thank God for 'fathers in the faith'

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“On December 18, 1931, the night of my second vision, far away in London, England, Howard Carter was praying. He was so moved by what he sensed God telling him that he wrote the words of the message down: ‘I have found a companion for thee; I have called a worker to stand beside thee… He is called and chosen and shalt join thee. Behold he cometh; he cometh from afar. He cometh to help thee to carry thy burden and be a strength at thy side, and thou shalt find pleasure in his service and shalt delight in his fellowship.’” https://lesea.com/about-us/legacy/

Read about this several years ago, Yahweh had to tell Sumrall what country and location to find Howard Carter in order to work with him. Because Carter just continued to travel and hold services.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
“On December 18, 1931, the night of my second vision, far away in London, England, Howard Carter was praying. He was so moved by what he sensed God telling him that he wrote the words of the message down: ‘I have found a companion for thee; I have called a worker to stand beside thee… He is called and chosen and shalt join thee. Behold he cometh; he cometh from afar. He cometh to help thee to carry thy burden and be a strength at thy side, and thou shalt find pleasure in his service and shalt delight in his fellowship.’” https://lesea.com/about-us/legacy/

Read about this several years ago, Yahweh had to tell Sumrall what country and location to go to find Howard Carter in order to work with him. Because Carter just continued to travel and hold services.
Reading about this precious servant of Christ. Thankyou.

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I sat under his ministry many times. I remember when his Calvary Temple A/G church asked him to leave. It was an early mega-church with a couple thousand members in the 1960s. He was constantly on the road and the congregation wanted a FULL TIME senior pastor. Since he had sparred with A/G district and state leaders over the deliverance ministry, he decided to start another congregation (independent) on the other side of South Bend IN called Christian Center Church. It also became a mega-church. From what I have heard from Calvary Temple members, only one family made the switch to Christian Center. So he actually started 2 different mega churches in the same city.

I got to know his grandson Lester Leonard Sumrall shortly before we moved to the east coast.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On a side note - Lester Leonard has been engaged in a war of words over his cousin Drew Sumrall's leadership of LeSEA.

Les maintains in an open letter he wrote last year:

Drew Sumrall, the current president of LeSEA Broadcasting Corporation and LeSEA board member has publicly articulated and published his personal philosophy of egalitarianism, atheism and communism in his book "An Essay Toward Universal Revolution." According to the bylaws of LeSEA ministry, Drew's Anti-Christian, Anti-Church beliefs and writings disqualify him from any leadership role. All of this has been deliberately hidden from the loyal friends and donors of LeSEA. Drew's worldview is diametrically opposed to the spiritual foundations of all LeSEA Ministries. Shockingly, in a face-to-face conversation with Drew, he declared to me that our grandfather, Dr. Lester Sumrall, was "a crazy old man with a bunch of crazy ideas."​

Lester Sumrall's Grandson: A Spiritual Battle Rages for LeSEA Ministries

Upvote 0