• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

less medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_sunshinegirl

*LoveIs* John 15:12
Aug 30, 2004
Georgia
✟23,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess this is part prayer request ... part open forum for any information or helpful hints.

I have been on Seroquel for the past 5 years of my life. Recently I lost my job, and therefore I have no more medical insurance. I have been forced to quit taking the medication. I have gone three days without it, and so far so good. I have read A LOT on the internet about proposed natural treatments (vitamins and such) and have made the proper arrangements to carry out that treatment - since in all honesty I cannot afford a dr & prescription on my own.

Does anyone have any input on the matter? I am finding it most difficult to go to sleep. I am currently using tylenol pm, but even that takes like 4 hours to work (which is less than ideal).

Prayers are also always appreciated.

I am putting my faith in God with this. I am not the same person (or in the same stressful situation I was in) when I first started taking this particular medication, so I am "hoping" that God has made a deeper change in mind that I am not even aware of yet.

*Holla*

Reactions: 4Everloved

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also ask about a pt assistance program thru the manufacturer
Seroquel
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals Patient Assistance Program Foundation
PO Box 15197
Wilmington, DE 19850-5197
800/424-3727

or try to get state help if you need this med..

Upvote 0

lemonflavor

Feb 21, 2006
✟16,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tylenol PM contains diphenhydramine HCl. This is the ingredient in Benadryl. You can get a generic version of that for much cheaper plus you many not need the pain reliever part of it. Although it's not habit forming, the effect of sedation can wear off after a week.

The other one used is Doxylamine succinate which is in Unisom. This is also in generic versions.

You can alternate those.

Sometimes the supplements can be almost as expensive as the drug.

I hope it goes well for you.

Alive again always has good info about drug assistance.

Reactions: 4Everloved
Upvote 0

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You might want to give 1-800-50-MERK a call, see if you can get some drugs from MERK. And thhere is also the PPA program that tries to get medications to people who make less than thirty thhousand a year and don't live with family, so start searching for meds, hopefully you can get some.

Upvote 0

_sunshinegirl

*LoveIs* John 15:12
Aug 30, 2004
Georgia
✟23,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the prayers, I have actually been doing very good so far. I call it nothing short of a miracle. It is almost as if God is opening my eyes, to see that my condition could have been intensified by the atmosphere I was in at the time I was originally perscribed the medication.
As far as the sleeping goes, I have found that tylenol pm or anything with that di-ph (or su) - [whatever it is] does not work properly. In an attempt to get my body completely clean I have taken a homeopathic sleep remedy for the past two nights, and they have done their part.

Upvote 0

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Tylenol metabolizes in your liver, because of the acetomophine or something, so you might want to look for a better sleeping drug, if you need something long term. Keep looking for meds, it is only a matter of time before you relapse again. Good luck to you on staying out of the hospital.

Upvote 0

thislifewithinmecries

Kristie Anna
Feb 23, 2008
Michigan
✟15,214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Once again, the second post of triumph I have seen in less than 5 minutes!:clap: Be proud of yourself for allowing your anxiety to subside about not having your medication, for me that is a trigger. The lord is truely by your side sweety! You are in my prayers!:prayer:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.