W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Improve your reading comprehension. I was responding to the insinuation that we don't keep the faith, and therefore we should be dismissed.

The Church of Sweden does not need your approval, as a non-Lutheran. Bishop Brunne is duely called and ordained by her church into the succession of the apostles. She is entitled to her opinion as fitting that office, and as a desire, it is not anti-Christian in itself to want to find creative ways to welcome strangers. Perhaps it is not wise, but it is hardly a sign of our faith being false.
Actually the insinuation was that we shouldn't fellowship with Islam.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not at all intimidated by your insinuation. Again, you are always welcome to attend our catechism and learn why we believe and confess as we do. The ELCA welcomes everyone.

We too hold the apostle John in high esteem. I believe he would not have much good to say about a Christian that attacks another out of willfull ignorance.
You dont seem to be obeying Johns words.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually the insinuation was that we shouldn't fellowship with Islam.

What does fellowship mean? Lending out a building is not necessarily fellowship.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know why she thought this would be a good idea. Certainly I wouldn't be interested in using a Christian Prayer space set up in a Mosque, and I can't imagine it being different for muslims.

I hate to say it but this just smacks of political posturing rather than an earnest-but-misguided attempt to help people.

Congratulations on giving one of the first level-headed responses, even if I'm not sure I agree with your sentiments. At least you avoided attacking our religion, our ordination practices, or Bishop Brunne's sexual orientation.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟591,618.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Not submitting to Islam is disrespectful towards Islam since Islam's mandate is to make the whole world submit to Allah. Why do you want to prevent Muslims from achieving their religious goals?
Aha...yeah...right!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What does fellowship mean? Lending out a building is not necessarily fellowship.
It was my impression that this bishop gave up part of Church building for Islamic worship. If there is no fellowship then i have misunderstood.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm saying what you are talking about is not truely biblical. Worshipping the one true God, and having the correct beliefs about him, are separate issues. Jesus said even the Samaritans worship what they do not know, meaning it is possible for people outside the faith to worship God.
What is not biblical?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread will remain closed. The SOP of this forum states:

D
iscussion and debate should only be directed toward political, legal, historical and civil rights issues, and should not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality or same-sex marriage or transgenderism/transexualism.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.