Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not talking about the first Christians; I am talking about the Jews of today. They specifically deny the divinity of Jesus Christ. Why shouldn’t they get lumped into the Anti-Christ group like the Muslims?

Well THAT is why we pray, W.

Amen?

• Agree
Reactions: W Johnson
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not talking about the first Christians; I am talking about the Jews of today. They specifically deny the divinity of Jesus Christ. Why shouldn’t they get lumped into the Anti-Christ group like the Muslims?
You are referring to Judaism, not Jews.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

W Johnson

Jul 3, 2017
Michigan
✟19,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I realize it is not Christian to be kind to strangers visiting a foreign country. What was I thinking? Muslim sailors should be shot before they leave the pier and then stuffed into a pig carcass. That will prevent the spread of Christ denying Islam and show the world our Christian love and compassion. Jesus will be proud.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I realize it is not Christian to be kind to strangers visiting a foreign country. What was I thinking? Muslim sailors should be shot before they leave the pier and then stuffed into a pig carcass. That will prevent the spread of Christ denying Islam and show the world our Christian love and compassion. Jesus will be proud.
Visiting? nice spin. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

LOL!

That is quite a streeeeeetch.

^_^

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spy with my little eye...a hyperbole-wrapped strawman with a side of hysteria.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Eva Brunne is the world's first openly lesbian bishop. She was promoted to her position by the Church of Sweden in 2009. Obviously, this means the Church of Sweden is apostate and appears to be a politically correct, social club that is stripped of biblical truth. Nevertheless, in Sweden, there is a church is located on the waterfront in Stockholm1. Being a international waterfront location sometimes Muslims enter the port. So, Eva's misguided attempt to accomodate the Muslims is to remove Christian crosses and establish a prayer space for Muslims - in the Church located in Stockholm. She said that airports and hospitals have accommodations for Muslims, so it's only natural to have the same thing in their waterfront church.

Sounds nice doesn't it. But, maybe she doesn't know what it means to be a Christian. But of course not given her outright rebellious sin of lesbianism.

Lesbian bishop in Sweden calls for church to remove crosses and install Muslim prayer space | Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4)

There are three points I wish to highlight. I have put them in bold.

The Man of Sin is in the Greek.....

Anthropos of Sin

444 ánthrōposman, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race; people, including women and men (Mt 4:19, 12:12, etc.).

444 (anthrōpos) relates to both genders (male and female) as both are created in the image of God – each equally vested with individual personhood and destiny (cf. Gal 3:28). Accordingly, the Bible uses 444 (ánthrōpos) of a specific man, woman, or class (type, group) of people – i.e. mankind in general (inclusive of every man, woman and child; see also 1 Cor 11:7). (435 /anḗr specifically refers to a male and 1135 /gynḗ to a female.)

The proper rendering is a plural, that is.....

The People of Sin

These people of sin replace the truth of God for a lie. Read Romans 1 entirely to understand what the lie is according to Paul, who is the author of both books.

The Temple of God, is the Temple of the Holy Spirit, the justified body of believers, that is the Christian.

So they in the plural Greek usage of the term he, applies to Christians of both genders. As the term "he as God" implies authority of Man/People and not that of God. Paul uses play on words. 2 Timothy 3:5 explains this as an outward form of godliness yet completely denies the authority of God. In other words the play on word godliness has an opposite meaning, meaning these individuals have nothing to do with God and are infact ungodly.

Understand how Paul uses play on words when saying in 2 Timothy 3:5....

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away

These are apostate christians, small c, who according to Romans 1 worship the creature like man/people, rather than the Creator. This is how a deluded reprobate mind works according to Paul.

Falling away happens, because these People of Sin are now being revealed even within the flock of Christ and within church denominations as homosexuals, who lead the flock astray. This is the enemies trojan horse.

Does it surprise people that this is the last hour. It is now panic stations and all hands are required on deck.

This is the deception, so don't let them decieve you brothers and sisters into thinking that you are showing compassion and doing God a service, for the opposite is the effect of such actions.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Have we forgotten about this?

site_0031_0009-750-0-20120809160203.jpg

Epithets like "antichrist" are not very helpful in discussing what a group actually believes, and they can even incite hatred.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eva Brunne is the world's first openly lesbian bishop. She was promoted to her position by the Church of Sweden in 2009. Obviously, this means the Church of Sweden is apostate and appears to be a politically correct, social club that is stripped of biblical truth. Nevertheless, in Sweden, there is a church is located on the waterfront in Stockholm1. Being a international waterfront location sometimes Muslims enter the port. So, Eva's misguided attempt to accomodate the Muslims is to remove Christian crosses and establish a prayer space for Muslims - in the Church located in Stockholm. She said that airports and hospitals have accommodations for Muslims, so it's only natural to have the same thing in their waterfront church.

Sounds nice doesn't it. But, maybe she doesn't know what it means to be a Christian. But of course not given her outright rebellious sin of lesbianism.

Lesbian bishop in Sweden calls for church to remove crosses and install Muslim prayer space | Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

Sounds nice doesn't it.

You hit the nail on the head there, it sounds nice to some. It's just like I've heard around here more than once from some that want to sit back and say that type thing is ok. They go on that it's all about "love" something that sounds nice but in the end what good does that do people who they get to buy into what they consider love, and not the rest of the gospel?

They end up believing we should just drop all our Christian/biblical values, do the easy thing, let anyone do as they please, and call our acceptance of the unbiblical, "love. " Their reasoning? "We are just so passive/non judgmental good people as opposed to you meanies" something they push as "kindness". How kind really is setting someone on the absolutely wrong path?

In short, they recreate God/the Bible for their own selfish reasons.

Often, a large percentage of the people who support people like that woman are the people like that woman, and I mean in every way. People who have deluded themselves into the same mindset, as in they spout "love" and leave the rest out, something that sounds nice, allows those that want it to live how they like in the here and now, and in a not so nice sounding place in the end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟30,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[for me anyway] of course the entire matter is of none effect with God that false Churches and false Christians and false Church leaders are in the world, for such did the Lord tell us would be so. On our part we can only pray for such to come to repentance rather than choosing to perish.

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Are you Swedish? If not, why worry about what goes on there so much?

While I am generally not OK with churches being turned into mosques and Christian symbols removed... ultimately, it is just a building and the people inside are what makes a building sacred.

I was sort of upset that for a while our church was renting out our building to non-denom evangelicals. Mostly because I am wary of that kind of religion and I love my own people in my church and what they teach, and felt it did not serve our denominations mission to be so undiscerning. THey brought in their guitar, drums, and praise music and who knows what they were preaching there. So I can sort of understand the offensiveness of doing this.

I think from the Swedish bishop's perspective, it's about being hospitable to strangers, which is not all a bad thing. So, I don't really judge her too much. Maybe the Muslims will see that Christians are kind and generous people, I'm sure that is her intention.

So let me get this straight. You're skeptical of non-denominational Christianity because of their rock music and independent church polity. But you're ok with Muslim prayer which rejects the divinity of Jesus?

• Agree
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't mean they worship a different God.

There's a difference between God and how we understand God.

It is frankly uncharitable to accuse Muslims of idolatry, when their religion rejects that very concept. They may not know of God in Christ, but to say they are idolaters is a sin because it misrepresents what they believe. They worship the one true God... because they say so.

As others already said, worshiping one god does not mean worshiping the true God.

Some ancient Israels worships Baal, which in their eyes is the one true god.

The only thing that distinguishes if someone is worshiping the true God is by the standards of the Bible, i.e. the commandments from the LORD. Of course we all fail short of that, and then it comes down to if you believe that only God can save us and we can't save us by our own "good deeds". If you believe that we can save ourselves by our own good deeds, it does not matter if you claim you are Chrisitian/Muslim/Jewish, you are worshiping false god, because our God is all powerful, is perfect, and none except God is perfect and only God saves.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you bring in the Nazis, you should realize that they are not Christians, and most of them want to abolish chrisitinaity with some state sponsored control.

See Religion in Nazi Germany - Wikipedia

So they are more like the Chinese communists (or Progressives in US) who want strong government control for the "good" of the nation. They are either anti christian or want to corrupt Christianity. They are bad because they went astray from the Love God, Love your neighbor as yourself rule given by our LORD, and want to use their own wit to make their country better.

What make a nation a better place is not communism or capitalism, it is people's love to God.

Have we forgotten about this?

site_0031_0009-750-0-20120809160203.jpg

Epithets like "antichrist" are not very helpful in discussing what a group actually believes, and they can even incite hatred.

• Agree
Upvote 0

NobleMouse

We have nothing, if not belief in the Lord
Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thank you for this information! Not saying this is a move to the Enigma Babylon One World Faith (for those who are also fans of the left behind series), but directionally it seems to be a step toward that end.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.