Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay. And where was the blood sprinkled? And what's the significance?
:) :angel:

NKJV) Leviticus 16:14 "He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle [it] with his finger on the mercy seat on the east [side;] and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times.

NKJV) Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,

Kindgdom Bible Studies Ashes of a Red Heifer Part 1
ASHES OF THE RED HEIFER

...............Numbers 19 is a most unusual chapter in the Old Testament. All the offerings in the Bible are bullocks and rams, but here there is an exception - a heifer, a female cow whose never given birth. All the offerings in the Old Testament are slaughtered and offered to God, but this offering of the red heifer, though killed and burned, is very different from the rest. While all others are offered to God to meet current claims - that is, the sin-offering, the burnt offering, or the peace offering according to the need of the day - the red heifer alone was not for the present need. It was offered to meet future needs.

Upvote 0

TruthWave7

Feb 23, 2011
USA
✟1,519.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay. And where was the blood sprinkled? And what's the significance?

Hebrews 7:24-28

"24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completelyc those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. 26Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever."

Hebrews 9:11-15

"11When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here,b he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation. 12He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. 13The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,c so that we may serve the living God!
15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant"

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It says to use the Scripures, not anything else. You can do the math, can't you?

It doesn't. It gives examples of people using scriptures, but not where it says never to use anything else. And Paul himself said to keep to the teachings whether by scripture or by word of mouth so it actually directly contradicts your tradition of relying only on the bible

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't. It gives examples of people using scriptures

The scriptures do much more than that. In many places, the word testifies to the supreme importance of scripture.

but not where it says never to use anything else.

That's true.

The Bible also does not say to stand on your head when reading scripture, does not tell us to bark at the moon, and does not tell us to use a ouiji board along with the Bible. According to your reasoning, all of those are as good as the Bible. If the Bible does not tell us that there is something else, and you consider that to be permission to doing so, what's the limit? In fact, what's prohibited? There would be nothing that is impermissible. Throwing darts at a board in order to decide the will of God makes as much sense as anything else.

And Paul himself said to keep to the teachings whether by scripture or by word of mouth

Exactly so--scripture by whatever method it's delivered--in written form, orally, by internet, morse code, etc. so long as it's Scripture and not some human opinion, legend, or custom.

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The scriptures do much more than that. In many places, the word testifies to the supreme importance of scripture.
Where?
That's true.

The Bible also does not say to stand on your head when reading scripture, does not tell us to bark at the moon, and does not tell us to use a ouiji board along with the Bible. According to your reasoning, all of those are as good as the Bible.
I made no claim that EVERYTHING is equal.
If the Bible does not tell us that there is something else, and you consider that to be permission to doing so, what's the limit? In fact, what's prohibited? There would be nothing that is impermissible. Throwing darts at a board in order to decide the will of God makes as much sense as anything else.
That's where the church guides me

Your post displays a strange idea - as if you think I'm totally lost without knowing any limits

Exactly so--scripture by whatever method it's delivered--in written form, orally, by internet, morse code, etc. so long as it's Scripture and not some human opinion, legend, or custom.

Or tradition

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was just thinking stick/ wood and kindling a fire in your habitation;)

Exodue 35:3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Numbers 15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

Prov 26:21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.;)

:p^_^ :D

Hey I used to play pick up sticks, and I still have a couple boxes my daughter used to play with.

I hate the game, the dumb sticks roll all around on me lol

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was just thinking stick/ wood and kindling a fire in your habitation;)

Exodue 35:3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Numbers 15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

Prov 26:21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.;)

:p^_^ :D

Hey I used to play pick up sticks, and I still have a couple boxes my daughter used to play with.

I hate the game, the dumb sticks roll all around on me lol

No sparks on the sabbath. No fires. No electricity. No cars. No heat. No AC.

I guess if one is fasting the whole 40 days of lent without any food anyway, then, hey, maybe they do go together!

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No sparks on the sabbath. No fires. No electricity. No cars. No heat. No AC.

Job 41:19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

I was talking about those kinds of sparks :p

Tongue is a fire too :D

I guess if one is fasting the whole 40 days of lent without any food anyway, then, hey, maybe they do go together!

Whats wrong with the fast in Isaiah 58? Can we opt for that?

I cant go without food that long ^_^ And I really only eat one meal a day typically, unless I am dieting then I eat 5-7 small meals.

Upvote 0

TruthWave7

Feb 23, 2011
USA
✟1,519.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes it's not, neither is what SDA's do the same as "keeping the Sabbath"...
...According to the commandment.
...If one is to "keep it" according to the law of Moses then the SDA's fail.
That's NOT keeping the sabbath I'm afraid - that was one tiny part of it.

Since when are you an expert at keeping the Sabbath, from my knowledge you don't even try to keep the Sabbath, so what leg do you have to stand on? Remember what Jesus said: "Thou hypocrite take the beam out of your eye so you can see clearly." Do you keep the 7th day Sabbath? I don't think so! You as a Catholic keep Sunday a day totally based on the church tradition, and yet you have the audacity to say that SDAs don't keep the Sabbath?

Upvote 0

TruthWave7

Feb 23, 2011
USA
✟1,519.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Sabbath is Sunday

Dead wrong. Sunday is the 1st day of the week. Sabbath is the 7th day. And theologian "worth his salt" will tell you that. Why not simply do what our loving God asked thousands of years ago, but the request still stands to this day, in the simple word "Remember" of which the Sabbath is the only one of the 10 Commandments that has that unique word inserted by God himself. I ask again, how can modern man in this time of easy access to the Bible continue to ignore God's pointed plea to "Remember" the Sabbath, and to keep it holy on the 7th day?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.