United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lent starts on 26th of this month.

Are you going to do anything special for Lent?

I am still trying to decide!

I'm going to try to take a half day off work on Ash Wednesday (which means I'd be done in time for morning Mass), so I can feel free to sport my ashes!

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Lent for the Eastern Orthodox Christians EO start March 2nd and Pascha or Easter is April 19th.

God bless one and all!

I guess it does but this is a Catholic section of the forum. ;)

God bless

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Happy Lent, guys. I think I'll try to spend less time on CF. Maybe give it up.

Thanks to you folks, I now know that Advent is also meant as a baby Lent, too. Christ be with you guys.

CF is a good place though Gracia. Like a topping up station for ones faith at times.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happy Lent, guys. I think I'll try to spend less time on CF. Maybe give it up.

Thanks to you folks, I now know that Advent is also meant as a baby Lent, too. Christ be with you guys.
Thinking of adding a good habit that will stick the year through. Of course that could mean giving up something. Not sure yet. I am pondering CF too. Which is incredibly sad for me in my isolation where I live. Been shopping though. :pray:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Nancy Hale

Dec 29, 2019
Nevada
✟24,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lent starts on 26th of this month.

Are you going to do anything special for Lent?

I am still trying to decide!
Thank you! I hadn't realized it was so soon. I'm going to have to think about it. I'm leaning towards giving up meat, but it's not really the same now as it was for most of history because we have so many options. I want it to not be easy.
I gave up the internet for a year once. I read a lot more books, lol. I just got done going 18 months with no cell phone, and before that I just had a flip phone for a couple years. Neither were difficult, more of a restructuring of my time and how I did things.
Maybe my motives were off?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Im happy that lent is around the corner. I always prefer the special parts of the church year. The ordinary breviary and the ordinary sundays are less stimulating to my faith.

That being said, the ordinaly cycle has its beauty too. In its simplicity it has some appeal, i admit that.

As for lent im considering to shut up more than I normaly do. Speech/ talk are silver, but silence are golden.

I'll try to be as quiet as I can on fridays. It will give me more time to listen to Gods voice. If its successful I'll try to extend it even after lent.

God is in the mild breeze, not in the storm.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thinking of adding a good habit that will stick the year through. Of course that could mean giving up something. Not sure yet. I am pondering CF too. Which is incredibly sad for me in my isolation where I live. Been shopping though. :pray:

How's your rosary habit? Mine's terrible, I feel like I'm actually still learning the rosary itself but this Lent I want to develop a daily habit. Like Taylor Marshall says "if you're not praying the rosary daily, you're not on the team."

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How's your rosary habit? Mine's terrible, I feel like I'm actually still learning the rosary itself but this Lent I want to develop a daily habit. Like Taylor Marshall says "if you're not praying the rosary daily, you're not on the team."
I’m also not good with it. I do better with the Divine Mercy chapter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums