✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
What is your opinion on him?

I deliberately posted this thread in a Reformed section of the forum as this is nature of the issue,Flowers constant attacks on reformed/Calvinist people. Although I don't want to make anyone feel excluded from the conversation.

I do specifically want other Reformed/Calvinist peoples view on him to see what others thoughts are on the man. I personally think he is a disgusting creature and possibly even a shill. The reason I don't like flowers is two fold. He pretends to be brothers with reformed (in words) but is relentlessly on the attack in action. These are attacks and I see his followers deny this but it seems his whole public effort on youtube,books,his website and perhaps his church is aimed at punching holes in Reformed beliefs. The other reason being he is just an anti,being against something and not for something. Totally dedicated to discrediting another group and not actually standing for something in the affirmative.

Thoughts on this Reformed Brethren?

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your onion on him?

I deliberately posted this thread in a Reformed section of the forum as this is nature of the issue,Flowers constant attacks on reformed/Calvinist people. Although I don't want to make anyone feel excluded from the conversation.

I do specifically want other Reformed/Calvinist peoples view on him to see what others thoughts are on the man. I personally think he is a disgusting creature and possibly even a shill. The reason I don't like flowers is two fold. He pretends to be brothers with reformed (in words) but is relentlessly on the attack in action. These are attacks and I see his followers deny this but it seems his whole public effort on youtube,books,his website and perhaps his church is aimed at punching holes in Reformed beliefs. The other reason being he is just an anti,being against something and not for something. Totally dedicated to discrediting another group and not actually standing for something in the affirmative.

Welcome! Though I would like to comment, I am affraid.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your onion on him?

I always come back with "think how much he hates God if Calvin was right".

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! Though I would like to comment, I am affraid.
Be blessed.
I am not a Calvinist. When I debate with one it is an endless succession of questions that leads one to stumble....and of course this is not a controversial debate forum. Oops I may have said too much already. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be honest I am a little surprised from the lack of interest in a subject like this,especially from my Reformed brethren bearing in mind the person in question has made over 400 anti-Reformed videos on Youtube amongst other things.
Post in controversial.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I don't know.

Thank you for your suggestion and assistance Maria. If I have posted in a section of the forum not best suited for the topic I will just leave it and move on to some new business.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
James White (Reformed Baptist) and Dr. Jordan Cooper (Lutheran) both have videos dealing with the short comings found in the teachings of Flowers. He doesn't seem to understand the terms he uses and will not accept correction. He has a following so he feels he doesn't need to change his opinion I guess. Pride is a sin.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
never heard of him

does he charge money to preach the Gospel?

does he preach a prosperity gospel in terms of earthly wealth, etc?

If the answer is yes to both questions, i'd stay well clear of anything he has to say

Well I would say it is a positive thing you haven't been subjected to him and will explain a little further in regard to your questions.

Leighton flowers is person who seemingly dedicates all available time to attacking Reformed Christian people and beliefs. You mentioned prosperity preachers,to that I would also condemn with you but here's the thing,prosperity preachers are taking a position in favour of something and have an identity,even if it is an unbiblical one. The person in question (Flowers) is just against another group, a ''hater'' if you will. That's why I called him a disgusting creature in my OP. Does that make sense?

Hope that helps,if not I can clarify further.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums