Not a tame Lion
Jan 12, 2015
England
✟10,899.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But if you can't tell the difference between leggings and skinny jeans, shouldn't skinny jeans be considered on the same level that yoga pants and leggings are?

It's a good point!

I don't know really. I wear skinny jeans, but like I said, I probably wouldn't wear leggings out and about - but is there really a difference? I'm not sure.

Reactions: DabriaShae
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the difference maybe leggings you can pull down skinny jeans have fly and pocketd (useless as, you cant even fit anything in them) but there is now a hideous hybrid known as 'jeggings'

With jeans the horrible thing about them is nowadays they cut so low that when you bend over everyone can see your butt crack.

Reactions: JaapAap
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Recommended apparel, if you wanna wear comfy pants without losing your modesty I would go for corduroys or chinos. Or those MC hammer pants, but you can make sure you dont look like youve come from a harem by wearing more than just a bra on top.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There are three things that always tell the truth: drunk people, little children and leggings.
Everyone can tell when your yoga pants have never been to yoga.
Can I just say that your sig gif makes all of your posts even better.
I think the difference maybe leggings you can pull down skinny jeans have fly and pocketd (useless as, you cant even fit anything in them) but there is now a hideous hybrid known as 'jeggings'
I worship jeggings. The super-tight kind isn't for me, though.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Exactly, I couldn't even begin to describe how common this outfit was:
kI8B6ki.jpg

And the guys all became ranging lunatics because they couldn't handle themselves sexually around this display of "immodesty"? I think the outfits (leggings or skinny jeans) are cute and worn with taste.

Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The abomination of tight clothing! So horrible that it eclipses all other actual horrors in this world.

Unite with me saaxiib, and we will destroy and rid the world of tight clothing. Do not wait, only fools wait until tomorrow, wise men use tonight. Burn them, BURN them all !

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
What's the difference between long Johns and leggings? They look nearly identical?

I stand by my opinion - they are offensive for bringing their abomination ways into society and expecting the rest of us to see it as normal - the few gay people I have come across all seem to wear tight clothing and I have even seen some in 'leggings' as well.
Long John's keep in the heat. Legging do not I can assure you on that one.they aren't made too. Of course if you wear many layers thin ones it will of course keep the heat in.

Now am off to put on my leggings and t-shirt today the horror I create

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always thought leggings were worn under skirts/dresses/tunics and were no different to tights really. They can be rather ... erm, figure hugging. Though I guess they're a bit like breeches, and I never stopped to think about their figure hugging ways while riding.

Leggings are quite comfortable in the gym, but given that it's a mixed-gender gym I feel slightly uncomfortable wearing them. Not because I think I'm hot stuff and will cause all the men to lust after me, but because I do not feel comfortable feeling that exposed, I guess. It's like how I think those tank tops are really comfortable in the gym, but because it's mixed-gender I opt for baggy t-shirts as I feel far too exposed.

Personally leggings are an extra layer of warmth under a skirt/dress/trousers, or for those dresses I don't feel comfortable wearing tights under but would look silly with actual trousers.

Plus I'm shallow, leggings only really look nice on a certain body shape. I am not that shape. I've seen enough women of my shape wearing leggings as if they were trousers to know that it really isn't a look I have any desire to recreate.

================================

Modesty is a difficult area, largely as it's defined by society/culture. It is, at heart, a very personal thing.
Kep the idea of modesty simple .Are your clothes attracting attention to the bits of your If they are they are immodest ,so tights are originally for dancers ,not for wearing in public and show a truly 'vulgaire /grosse spirit ,when worn without skirts to cover .

Young girls are encouraged by the fashion exploiters to wear these hideous things ,and we have all become cowardly about criticising ,as we are told we are old fashioned ,etc ,but since the beginning of time there are those who would abuse our children and we give them nowadays carte blanche to do so .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't care so much about modesty (although going too far the other way is unappealing to me), I rather prefer a girl who dresses comfortably. If maybe it shows a bit more skin than the hardcore modest types think is acceptable, so be it. I don't care.
This Charlie Skinner, a most unattractive man,and an arrogant one too I see .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Modesty is definitely a heart issue. I choose not to wear leggings, yoga pants, or my workout capris out of the house. I am not comfortable doing so and I don't want to make a brother stumble. It's not that I have the best body in the world, I don't, but it doesn't take the best body in the world to make a brother stumble. I think modesty goes across gender lines as well.
It is a sign of vulgarity of the spirit ,and a sign of self absorption, in older people especially . While we cannot please all the people all the time , when we wear this kind of thing out , who are we trying to please exactly ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is a sign of vulgarity of the spirit ,and a sign of self absorption, in older people especially . While we cannot please all the people all the time , when we wear this kind of thing out , who are we trying to please exactly ?

It's usually myself. I wear what I find to be comfortable and look good in, unless it's work then I'm just trying to please my boss.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would hope we (Christians) are striving to please our Lord, if not then we need to do a heart check. I think it's funny and sad how heated this discussion can get between Christians.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Except that it's all subjective across time and space in human history, so how do you know what their intentions are? If I wear shorts on a flight and we fly over Saudi Arabia, do I have a vulgar spirit while I'm in their airspace?

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Mod

Thread has been cleaned up and re-opened.

From the rules;
Topics Requiring Special Consideration:
Homosexuality may only be discussed, without promotion, in our Congregation forums. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

Mod​

Reactions: DabriaShae
Upvote 0