Leggings / Modesty

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Women and girls have been wearing tight pants since the late 50's.

Why are leggings different? Is it because they are of thinner material?

We live in a world where even at this site the adds have women in their underwear. Kohl's has been popping up adds here that I at first thought was inappropriate contentography and was wondering just where this site is heading to.

I feel that if you feel it is not right to wear them then please do not wear them as it will make you feel guilty but we all know the world is going to do as it pleases so let it do as it pleases and you do what you feel is right.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
We live in a world where even at this site the adds have women in their underwear. Kohl's has been popping up adds here that I at first thought was inappropriate contentography and was wondering just where this site is heading to.
To be fair, the ads are often based on what you've been looking at ( :p ) or the words in the thread.

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
To be fair, the ads are often based on what you've been looking at or the words in the thread.

Regardless its still pretty risky. Why would surfing Kohl's or fashion produce women in underwear?

Where are the adds for rifles and handguns?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Regardless its still pretty risky. Why would surfing Kohl's or fashion produce women in underwear?
That's a good question. I don't know how it all works. Right now on this page I have an ad for my local newspaper.

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
So funny, now Cabela's adds are popping up of which I do visit often.

My shopping goes like this....

For clothes it is Dillard's clearance, Kohl's clearance, eBay, Goodwill and local thrift stores.

For food it is Wal-Mart grocery

I have a Cabela's about 8 miles away and I spend the rest of my time there, its just too cool and they have everything I want.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I wear the clothes I do because I like them and I'm comfortable with them.

I wear them for me, and I don't really care how other people might look at it or if it will create a "stronger attraction" in someone else.

If someone is bothered by wearing something personally, then all the power to them to stop wearing that type of clothing. A person shouldn't force themselves to do something that they're uncomfortable with.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Exodus 28:42 And you are to make them linen trousers, covering their bodies from the middle to the knee.

God established that our nakedness on the lower half of out bodies extends from our middle, to our knees. He commanded that pants were to be worn, that would cover said nakedness.

This dress code was given to priests, and according to Peter, believers are part of a royal preisthood:

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

The word for cover is defined as:

a primitive root; properly, to plump, i.e. fill up hollows; by implication, to cover (for clothing or secrecy):--clad self, close, clothe, conceal, cover (self), (flee to) hide, overwhelm.

So, when someone is wearing leggings, or yoga pants, would you describe their butt and thighs as being hidden? Or concealed? How about a comparative example: If I'm walking down the street with this (see link) strapped to my back, is said object hidden? Is it concealed?

Concealed, or no?

If you're going to play that card then you better not be wearing mixed fabrics, since that's a big no-no as well (Leviticus 19:19, and Deuteronomy 22:11).

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love all the scripture you guys are using to justify your thoughts.

I have neither the care nor time to post scriptural support for every thought I ever post to this site.

Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I didn't read the article.

But aren't leggings meant to be worn underneath pants primarily designed for the winter time?

Wearing them as a primary item without pants covering to be seems in the same situation as wearing pajama's out casually as clothing. To hell with tight clothing as well, if a guy is wearing them casually in my books he would come off as being a homo of some sort.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also don't like when guys wear leggings. it makes me uncomfortable and wonder why they can't just wear pants. Esp when they out cycling, I just think its rude.

my thoughts.
If you wanna know what God thinks..you can always ask Him, but I don't have an issue myself as I don't choose to wear them...and also the bible says not to worry about what we wear like the heathens do.

In the 80's bike pants were all the rage one with flouro one side and black on the other. They were hideous. lol.
Bike pants are handy when you bike. I used to have a race bike and had a bike pants. Lol it made me look like a boy. The first date I had with my ex I put that on, with a bike t-shirt and health sandals.
We would go to the city but all of a sudden he decided to not go there. He was embarrassed to be seen with me like that he later told me. Hahahahahahaha

Leggings and bike pants weren't so tight when I was young.

je-kledingsmaak-is-een-voortdurend-proces1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MiniEmu
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
If we eliminated all leggings from the world, men would quit lusting over women's bodies? Really? Queen Victoria tried to do this by requiring all legs to be covered...which is why piano legs and chair legs even had a covering...because without them, men would lose control.

The problem is HOW you wear them...or any other item of clothing. I would say in the following picture, the woman's leggings actually make her outfit MORE modest.
Skirt-and-Leggings-294x400.jpg

My daughter wears them figure skating because to be safe, her clothes need to be form fitting (don't want a blade to get caught in your clothes and the coach needs to see body alignment)...and they are MORE modest than a skating dress...(not to mention, warmer). She does often wear them to and from the arena, including if we stop to eat or shop, but HOW you wear them makes a big difference. She doesn't walk to flaunt her body...she wears them like pant...and usually with baggy t-shirts to cover up the tight fitting top she also wore to practice.

Wearing a bra isn't immodest ... until you wear it as outer wear. Same with men's underwear...I don't want to see some guys boxers but I really do hope that most men are wearing them or some version of them under their pants.

Don't ban a clothing item, but rather use common sense in how you wear it. If you are wearing to get attention (from male friends or female friends...and I don't believe you when you say "but it is fashionable" and "comfortable"...going naked is also comfortable)....but if you are wearing it to cover your body and protect your body, then it may very well be okay.

This
Holiday-Looks-10924-681x1024.jpg
is very different from This
ip94f7-l-610x610-jacket-leggings-leather+leggings-leather-jean+jacket-leopard+print-heels-high+heels-studded-studded+heels-booties-leather+jacket-pants-jeans-cotton-toghts-cute-black-leapordprint-h.jpg
Personally, I think eliminating high heel shoes would do more for modesty than eliminating the pants. Most women really don't look good in the plain legging look because most of us don't have 18 year old bodies any more IF we ever did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DabriaShae

Let go and let love.
Jul 26, 2015
✟10,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Looks like they're wearing skinny jeans to me...?

They could be, that would be something I would do with that outfit. Simply because I like putting my phone in my back pocket. But if you can't tell the difference between leggings and skinny jeans, shouldn't skinny jeans be considered on the same level that yoga pants and leggings are?

Upvote 0