"Legend of Korra", Eastern Views, T.V & Ethics: What Can Christians learn from Anime?

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My hopes and dreams!
Heaven forbid if that were the case....I would throw something at the computer screen....

But it would be cool if Appa were somehow someone powerful behind the scenes like some sort of influential spirit who's pretty hardcore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Gxg (G²);64355122 said:
Heaven forbid if that were the case....I would throw something at the computer screen....

I'm not really a fan on Appa; he's ripped out of "A Never Ending Story" and he's a bit too convenient when he shows up at the last minute so the heroes can jump on his back and escape.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not really a fan on Appa; he's ripped out of "A Never Ending Story" and he's a bit too convenient when he shows up at the last minute so the heroes can jump on his back and escape.
Yeah - I caught that too the first time I saw it. It's 100% Falcor...and easy escapes do happen a lot. But at the end of the day, I can't hate.

If it happened to be the case that Appa helped me remember my childhood in cartoon form, I'm good with it....as that film always got me emotional.

They already have it where they've thought on battles between the 2 of them...but you can't do that to Falcor...

Falcor - YouTube

falcor.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The quality voice acting is absolutely key! Also yes, book 2 and 3 for the win.
If interested,

As mentioned earlier, they actually made a book series that was a continuation of "The Last Airbender" to show more fully ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMVlXnNq8vc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNHrX77YfJU

Avatar - The Last Airbender - The Promise Part 3 FULL (HD) - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUp5aaaLVsg
[/CENTER]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvG4XpMTvw

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
About a quarter of the way through season 2. Just heard Joe Alaskey (Plucky and Daffy etc) as the commoner who made Iroh dance for the gold coin.
How you liking Season 2 thus far?

On Iroh, yes indeed...he is amazing and the scene with the commoner and the gold coin was wild:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Definitely liking it. Zoku's arc is the most interesting and his sister seems like the villain you love to hate.
Why is Zoku interesting to you in his arc? Azula is complicated as well, by the way.....

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Gxg (G²);64368470 said:
Why is Zoku interesting to you in his arc? Azula is complicated as well, by the way.....

Just met Azula, so other than being really...um...nasty, I don't have much of a backstory to go on.

We know Zoku's supposed to be the bad guy, and yet he's not all bad. He's motivated by his rejection instead of the war, but completely misses his Uncle's care. I see him very slowly switching sides. He's more of an outcast than Aang.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Just met Azula, so other than being really...um...nasty, I don't have much of a backstory to go on.

We know Zoku's supposed to be the bad guy, and yet he's not all bad. He's motivated by his rejection instead of the war, but completely misses his Uncle's care. I see him very slowly switching sides. He's more of an outcast than Aang.

Interesting points, and I agree completely with your assessment so far. I think Zoku is a neat character.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting points, and I agree completely with your assessment so far. I think Zoku is a neat character.

Saw the flash back episode (season 2, episode 7) last night. Hoping to find out more about what happened to Zoku's mother. My hope is that she is still alive somewhere, is rescued by Zoku, then they team up with Iroh again and overthrow the fire lord. That doesn't leave much use for Aang though.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Got ya on that...
Good analysis - as the dynamic of being rejected has led to him doing things which may not be true to what he is really about

Zuko-colage-zuko-7279767-1024-768-1.jpg

Upvote 0