Legalism or Sunday keeping - what is the mark?

What is the mark of the beast?

• Total voters

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Lets study that in it's entirety.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Meaning those two commandments only simplify things, but still include "all the laws".

We're under grace today not law. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. John 1:17

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You say that - no Bible text says legalism is the mark of the beast.

And we all know it.

simply "making stuff up" would have worked in the dark ages - but now we all have Bibles.

No bible verse anywhere in the history of all bibles from the bosom of Abraham says the mark is Sunday. Your church just made that up.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well Cain was not worshiping the sun god according to the text. So his worship was directed toward the one true God. But he seemed to be inserting some of his own ideas into the act - perhaps he thought he was "customizing" or "improving" on the Word of God.

SDA don't even acknowledge the resurrection of Christ simply because it took place on Sunday!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're under grace today not law. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. John 1:17

If I thought you had not seen it all before (I know I have) I'd engage in the subject, but I just don't see a whole lot of sense, in it. My thoughts have probably been posted hundreds, if not thousands of times here by myself and others.

I will say, just to point out how one can read things into scripture to draw a desired conclusion....your comment doesn't support what you say, as it never states one is done away with, it only says now we have both.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If I thought you had not seen it all before (I know I have) I'd engage in the subject, but I just don't see a whole lot of sense, in it. My thoughts have probably been posted hundreds, if not thousands of times here by myself and others.

You seem to be advocating for some form of law keeping which is easily debunked. Grace can keep from sin much better than the law ever could. The law only increases sin and magnifies it.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
SDA don't even acknowledge the resurrection of Christ

is this where you make stuff up - then tell us we have to think whatever you make up in your head?

Why play such games??

try posting something factual.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be advocating for some form of law keeping which is easily debunked. Grace can keep from sin much better than the law ever could. The law only increases sin and magnifies it.

hint - under the New Covenant "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind" - Jer 31:31-33

Instead of promoting rebellion against the Law of God - the Gospel results in obedience.

Think about it.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No bible verse anywhere in the history of all bibles from the bosom of Abraham .

there is no such thing as "bible from the bosom of Abraham" -- please make up less stuff.

No bible verse anywhere in the history of all bibles from the bosom of Abraham says the mark is Sunday.

indeed Sunday keeping is not the mark of the beast - or else it would have been marked on Christians for many centuries. I already pointed that out - in detail here - (click the link)
Yesterday at 4:15 PM #46

And yet - there is also a lot of truth in what our Catholic friends say here -- (just not 100% truth)

===========================================
The Catholic Commentary on the Baltimore Catechism post Vatican II - argues the SAME two points.

1965 -- first published 1959

(from "The Faith Explained" page 243

"
we know that in the O.T it was the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath day- which was observed as the Lord's day. that was the law as God gave it...'remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.. the early Christian church determined as the Lord's day the first day of the week. That the church had the right to make such a law is evident...

The reason for changing the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday lies in the fact that to the Christian church the first day of the week had been made double holy...

nothing is said in the bible about the change of the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday..that is why we find so illogical the attitude of many non-Catholic who say they will believe nothing unless they can find it in the bible and yet will continue to keep Sunday as the Lord's day on the say-so of the Catholic church

========================================

hence it pays to "read" what was posted here - Yesterday at 4:15 PM #46

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

hint: "The Gospel was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

Please be serious.

We are not talking about the "Law written on the heart and mind" under the New Covenant - without grace.

Why keep leaping off to that rabbit trail?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
hint - under the New Covenant "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind" - Jer 31:31-33

Instead of promoting rebellion against the Law of God - the Gospel results in obedience.

Think about it.

Hint, hint Bob!

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Rom. 5:5

The love of God written in the heart is the fulfillment of the new covenant promise.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
there is no such thing as "bible from the bosom of Abraham" -- please make up less stuff.

indeed Sunday keeping is not the mark of the beast - or else it would have been marked on Christians for many centuries. I already pointed that out - in detail here - (click the link)

And yet - there is also a lot of truth in what our Catholic friends say here -- (just not 100% truth)

The Catholic Commentary on the Baltimore Catechism post Vatican II - argues the SAME two points.

"
we know that in the O.T it was the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath day- which was observed as the Lord's day. that was the law as God gave it...'remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.. the early Christian church determined as the Lord's day the first day of the week. That the church had the right to make such a law is evident...

The reason for changing the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday lies in the fact that to the Christian church the first day of the week had been made double holy...

nothing is said in the bible about the change of the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday..that is why we find so illogical the attitude of many non-Catholic who say they will believe nothing unless they can find it in the bible and yet will continue to keep Sunday as the Lord's day on the say-so of the Catholic church

Legalism is the mark of the beast and has been for 2000 years. It used to be only confined to the Jews but in our day the Gentiles like yourself are badly infected. The law wasn't even given to you but in your delusion you think it was.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Please be serious.

We are not talking about the "Law written on the heart and mind" under the New Covenant - without grace.

I don't even know what you are saying with this post. The gospel was preached to Abraham as a promise that was unfulfilled in his day. He never understood grace like we do in our day.

Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Legalism is the mark of the beast and has been for 2000 years. It used to be only confined to the Jews but in our day the Gentiles like yourself and badly infected. The law wasn't even given to you but in your delusion you think it was.
What is your biblical proof to this claim?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Please be serious.

I don't even know what you are saying with this post. The gospel was preached to Abraham as a promise that was unfulfilled in his day. He never understood grace like we do in our day.

You are preaching TWO Gospels -- one of legalism for 4000 years and another of grace for 2000 years after the cross. That is doctrinal error according to the actual Bible.

John 8 "Abraham SAW My Day and was glad".
Matt 17 - Moses AND Elijah stand WITH Christ in glorified form.
Gal 1:6-9 "there is only ONE Gospel"
Gal 3:8 THAT "Gospel WAS in fact preached to Abraham".
Heb 11 Enoch taken to heaven without dying --- IN the OT!! Just as we see with Elijah.
Heb 4:1-2 "WE have had the Gospel preached to US JUST AS THEY also"

Your habit of simply "quoting you" for doctrinal source - is not serving you well. You need to consider the Bible as a better solution than that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No bible verse anywhere in the history of all bibles from the bosom of Abraham .

No bible verse anywhere in the history of all bibles from the bosom of Abraham says the mark is Sunday.

"

Legalism is the mark of the beast and has been for 2000 years.

Do you attend some church where you can just make-stuff-up quote nothing at all from the Bible - and pass that off as doctrine?? Why do you keep doing that???

There are only two chapters in the entire Bible that deal with defining the mark of the beast and they are Revelation 13 and 14. So far your entire approach has been to "quote you" and ignore the Bible entirely on the subject of "mark of the beast".

Why are you doing that??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Think about it.

Hint, hint Bob!
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Rom. 5:5

The love of God written in the heart is the fulfillment of the new covenant promise.

1 John 5:2-4 says that Love for God is SHOWN by keeping God's Commandments because 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments;

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Having fun on Shabbat laying on a hammock talking about the Word of God with fellow believers, good stuff!

Nice! I spent a lot of last week in the blue ridge mountains near Boone NC - taking a week "sabbatical" - lots of time for worship... great vacation.

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Please be serious.

You are preaching TWO Gospels -- one of legalism for 4000 years and another of grace for 2000 years after the cross. That is doctrinal error according to the actual Bible.

John 8 "Abraham SAW My Day and was glad".
Matt 17 - Moses AND Elijah stand WITH Christ in glorified form.
Gal 1:6-9 "there is only ONE Gospel"
Gal 3:8 THAT "Gospel WAS in fact preached to Abraham".
Heb 11 Enoch taken to heaven without dying --- IN the OT!! Just as we see with Elijah.
Heb 4:1-2 "WE have had the Gospel preached to US JUST AS THEY also"

Your habit of simply "quoting you" for doctrinal source - is not serving you well. You need to consider the Bible as a better solution than that.

This is not coherent, Bob!

Upvote 0