Legalism or Sunday keeping - what is the mark?

What is the mark of the beast?

• Total voters

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed -- "Do not take God's name in vain" Ex 20:6 -- some appear to want to delete this command for Christians as if rebellion against God is a "good thing".

Exactly...I mean if they want to do away with the commandments, then they need to do that. Or if they want to accuse those who try to keep the commandments of legalism, they are basically saying, break those commandments or you don't trust Christs grace to save you, but yourself and your good works.

It simply doesn't add up.

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
you did not quote any text in the OT saying that the "mark of the beast goes in the hand and forehead"

Is there a reason for making your statement with no text saying it in the OT -- just claiming that it says that?

Yes, I did and it says legalism is the mark. Legalism has been the mark for 2000 years. This is the sin that led to the crucifixion of Christ which was the worst sin of all time. Slam dunk!

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Again - you simply "make that up" and "quote you" for your proof!!

why keep doing that?

I gave you a huge "hint" that the mark of the beast is only found in two chapters - Rev 13 and Rev 14. Why not go there and "read" before simply "making stuff up"??

Your whole religion is making stuff up!

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ex 20:6 "Love Me and KEEP My Commandments"
John 14:!5 "If you Love Me - KEEP My Commandments"
1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD"
Rev 14:!2 "the SAINTS KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"

By contrast the "commandments of men" the "man-made-tradition" says

A complete rejection of the actual Bible statements on the subject

in Rev 13 - the beast and the mark of the beast deal with false worship and civil penalties for those who fail to comply with false worship.

In Rev 14 the mark of the beast is condemned and the saints are contrasted with those who have the mark - as follows:

Rev 14:!2 "the SAINTS KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

The new commandment is love. Paul said love was the highest thing in the whole bible.

Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I did and it says legalism is the mark. Legalism has been the mark for 2000 years. This is the sin that led to the crucifixion of Christ which was the worst sin of all time. Slam dunk!
All of our sin lead to Him dying for us so we could have a chance, He did it willingly to save us from our sins.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

The new commandment is love. Paul said love was the highest thing in the whole bible.

Lets study that in it's entirety.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Meaning those two commandments only simplify things, but still include "all the laws".

• Agree
Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Furthermore, let's biblically define what the mark is
It is on the forehead and on the hand. To belive and to do.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, theLord is one! 5 You shall love the Lordyour God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

If you believe and do what God commands you are marked with a seal of God if you belive and do lawlessness you are marked by the mark of the lawless one the son of perdition.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
Amein. Always in our new minds [of CHRIST], always purifying out thoughts, always meditating upon HIS WORD [PSALMS, extravagantly]

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Furthermore, let's biblically define what the mark is
It is on the forehead and on the hand. To belive and to do.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, theLord is one! 5 You shall love the Lordyour God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Pretty sure this is the thread where I mention the stretch to achieve the goal of the mark being a day, and that is a major part of it. Goes to show, we can make whatever we want out of the Bibles words.

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Pretty sure this is the thread where I mention the stretch to achieve the goal of the mark being a day, and that is a major part of it. Goes to show, we can make whatever we want out of the Bibles words.
Huh? You lost me I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Huh? You lost me I'm sorry.

John, I'm just stating, I don't believe what I assume you conclude from those verses is a fact. A lot of jumping around the bible and attaching this scripture to that scripture is done in order to draw the conclusion Saturday worship is the mark.

If what you were saying is not headed in that direction, please explain what your post meant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
John, I'm just stating, I don't believe what I assume you conclude from those verses is a fact. A lot of jumping around the bible and attaching this scripture to that scripture is done in order to draw the conclusion Saturday worship is the mark.

If what you were saying is not headed in that direction, please explain what your post meant.
Thanks for your reply and my name is not John but my avatar is 1 John 2:4. If you bind the commandments of God to your hand and your forehead you obey and do the commandments of God. Keeping Shabbat is one of the commands but someone could keep Shabbat and still be lawles or walk in disobedienceor unbelief . Example : Madonna keeps the Shabbat be cause she is a Kabbalist.

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I know, John was just all I had to address you.

Again, it takes an awful lot of hopping around/stretching to draw that conclusion.

More simply put, a day is not a mark, a mark is a mark.
Btw if you want to address me by my first name it's Crystal :) that's why I don't want to be called John , my bad I just really like that verse.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your reply and my name is not John but my avatar is 1 John 2:4. If you bind the commandments of God to your hand and your forehead you obey and do the commandments of God. Keeping Shabbat is one of the commands but someone could keep Shabbat and still be lawles or walk in disobedienceor unbelief . Example : Madonna keeps the Shabbat be cause she is a Kabbalist.

Btw if you want to address me by my first name it's Crystal :) that's why I don't want to be called John , my bad I just really like that verse.

OK, I get it now, Crystal. lol.

And nothing wrong with using the verse there. :)

Hope y'all understand, that conclusion of the mark just looks way wrong to me, and I doubt I'm the only one. I hate to see any more get caught up in it. See, if we belive that, the time may come when we will take the real mark because we thought it wasn't the one we needed to concern ourselves with, and we only need to worship on the Sabbath to comply.

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
OK, I get it now, Crystal. lol.

And nothing wrong with using the verse there. :)

Hope y'all understand, that conclusion of the mark just looks way wrong to me, and I doubt I'm the only one. I hate to see any more get caught up in it. See, if we belive that, the time may come when we will take the real mark because we thought it wasn't the one we needed to concern ourselves with, and we only need to worship on the Sabbath to comply.
Agree, the mark being Sunday does have a great deal of truth to it. Such as the Sabbath being the test commandment and how is it a sign. I completely agree with you we need to guard all of Gods truth :)

Upvote 0