Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
However, when you start pretending that two consenting adults is comparable to the rape of children and animals, then I have a problem no matter how you take the time to word it.

As I said, you're comparing the act, not the morality.
Consent doesn't make an immoral or illegal act better.
Otherwise we wouldn't have accessory or conspiracy charges.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As I said, you're comparing the act, not the morality.
Consent doesn't make an immoral or illegal act better.
Otherwise we wouldn't have accessory or conspiracy charges.

No. I'm comparing the morality too. I believe that child and animal rape are far worse morally - than most other things people do. If you don't, then I don't know what to tell you.

I honestly believe that Christians are making moral comparisons too when they list sins, because it's always "pedophilia", "inappropriate behavior with animals", "murder" and not less emotionally charged sins. Why is it never eating shellfish, wearing mixed fabrics, or disobeying your parents?

Also, accessory and conspiracy charges are lesser charges. Bad comparison there.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I honestly believe that Christians are making moral comparisons too when they list sins, because it's always "pedophilia", "inappropriate behavior with animals", "murder" and not less emotionally charged sins. Why is it never eating shellfish, wearing mixed fabrics, or disobeying your parents?
It is not a sin for Christians to eat shellfish or wear mixed fabrics. We are to honor our parents which doesn't mean that one never disobeys them. If they tell you to steal, etc. one is obliged to disobey.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is not a sin for Christians to eat shellfish or wear mixed fabrics. We are to honor our parents which doesn't mean that one never disobeys them. If they tell you to steal, etc. one is obliged to disobey.

Oh I know that's Old Testament stuff. I realize that most of that is irrelevant now. Except "homosexuality", because reasons.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh I know that's Old Testament stuff. I realize that most of that is irrelevant now. Except "homosexuality", because reasons.
I won't say anything about this. You have heard all the arguments before and you have to decide for yourself.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0