Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This article is describing people who were sexually abused as children and therefore experience an attraction toward children. It is not stating, in any way, shape or form that it is acceptable to abuse children, but notes that people can receive help to overcome the results of their abuse.

I'm really not sure what you think the title you've placed on this thread has much to do with the content of the article itself.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Homosexuality used to be thought of as a disorder. I wonder where this is headed...

If you are thinking it is heading to the acceptance of adult/child relationships, then you didn't read the article. The title of this thread is misleading.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This article is describing people who were sexually abused as children and therefore experience an attraction toward children. It is not stating, in any way, shape or form that it is acceptable to abuse children, but notes that people can receive help to overcome the results of their abuse. .
Get back to us in five or ten years or so after various academics and pedophile organizations have persuaded the American Psychological Association to declare pedophilia an alternate lifestyle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Get back to us in five or ten years or so after various academics and paedophile organizations have persuaded the American Psychological Association to declare paedophilia an alternate lifestyle.

And when that never happens, what will you say? I assume it'll always just be five to ten years away.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They already know that their thoughts and actions are wrong and disgusting. I'm all for them getting help, but they should know there will be condemnation until they stop.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Get back to us in five or ten years or so after various academics and pedophile organizations have persuaded the American Psychological Association to declare pedophilia an alternate lifestyle and stating that mental health professionals should avoid telling clients that they can change their sexual orientation through therapy.
How's about you get back to us when that actually happens?

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Get back to us in five or ten years or so after various academics and pedophile organizations have persuaded the American Psychological Association to declare pedophilia an alternate lifestyle and stating that mental health professionals should avoid telling clients that they can change their sexual orientation through therapy.

:doh:

Don't hold your breath.

The reference to homosexuality and the comparison to pedophilia, I realize is a favorite talking point, but the fact that some cannot seem to differentiate between consenting adults and children is a bit disturbing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They already know that their thoughts and actions are wrong and disgusting. I'm all for them getting help, but they should know there will be condemnation until they stop.

Until they stop what? The article made it absolutely clear that the author and the other woman mentioned never abused any children.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
:doh:

Don't hold your breath..
That's easy to say now. But the record concerning how these things go is hard to dismiss. In case after case, people took the position you're taking now only to discover later that they were wrong to assume what they did.

• Agree
Reactions: 777Sloan
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's easy to say now. But the record concerning how these things go is hard to dismiss. In case after case, people took the position you're taking now only to discover later that they were wrong to assume what they did.

In every other case I'm aware of, it had to do with consenting adults. I am not aware of anything where those who were not able to legally consent were involved. Please, show us the records of things involving those who cannot legally consent that I would find "hard to dismiss".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Consenting adults vs children. I can see the difference between the two groups.

Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In every other case I'm aware of, it had to do with consenting adults.

In just about about every other case of changed norms, there was a similar "but this is different" claim made--just like yours here--until it was brushed aside as irrelevant or evidence of bigotry.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
In just about about every other case of changed norms, there was a similar "but this is different" claim made--just like yours here--until it was brushed aside as irrelevant or evidence of bigotry.

I'll take this as an admission that you can't point to one involving underage members of society who cannot consent.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Until they stop what? The article made it absolutely clear that the author and the other woman mentioned never abused any children.

You forgot to read my post. I referred specifically to thoughts and actions. Thoughts would obviously include the desire to abuse children. Would you want people like that to have access to your children?

Upvote 0