• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

leaving, thank you all

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by archer75, Sep 19, 2020.

1. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,187
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Dear TAW and Friends (@Paidiske, @dzheremi),

I don't use this place very well, and I don't see that changing. So I'm leaving. I appreciate all the good stuff I've learned from you guys.

I've said stupid or pointless things, so forgive me them, and pray for me.

Anyone who wants me for something (unlikely, but just in case) can message me.

May the Lord remember you all in His kingdom!

Archer

• Prayers Prayers x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ChristServant

ChristServant Active Member

+218
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single

Hi Archer,

I don't know what your experiencing but stay close to your Christian brothers and sisters, don't pull away and whatever you have in your life going on right now, call on GOD, speak to HIM, ask HIM. GOD knows what your going through. Talk to those Christians your close to for they should be there for you as we all should be for one another in our trials and tribulations.

You say "I've said stupid or pointless things". This applies to all Christians on their journey, only GOD is good and perfect.

Take care brother and remember
    God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth

Peace be with all those in the body of Christ

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,567
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
  4. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+10,513
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Lord have mercy! Be well, my friend. You will be in my prayers, whether you're here or not. May God protect and strengthen you and your loved ones in all things.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+14,808
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lord have mercy!

hope you poke back in from time to time!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+13,668
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Speaking very personally here , and this may/may not be relevant.

This last 6 months has been full of trials for us all - and frankly I don't see there being a let up any time soon.

Keep doing what you need to do . I'm sure I'm speaking for others here - we will keep you in our prayers. Please drop in when you can and update us as to how things are going

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+34,765
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    :(

8. April_Rose

April_Rose Well-Known Member

+2,408
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged
    I don't really know you that well, but good luck my friend and godspeed. :wave:

9. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+6,911
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We will miss you! Please stop in whenever you are up for it :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+14,581
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    Thank you for tagging me so I would see this.

I am sorry to see you go; I am not sure that you don't use the place well, since I have seen you use it to support and encourage others, as well as to challenge and deepen your own thinking. You are one of the members here I always think of with appreciation and respect.

There is nothing to forgive, but I will gladly keep you in prayer.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. gzt

gzt The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years

+1,691
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Sad to see you go in some sense but also it's always good to see people leaving internet forums in another sense. Drop me a line if you want to stay in touch.

12. Jesus4Madrid

Jesus4Madrid Orthodox Christian

+727
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Actually, I wouldn’t, unless you are keen to argue with heretical Orthodox. I used to visit there and it almost drove me away from the Church.

I would suggest Ancient Faith Radio: Father Evan, Father Stephen Damick and others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Justin-H.S.

Justin-H.S. Retrograde

+416
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    US-Others
    Yeah, I looked on that site real quick and saw they were saying ‘Memory Eternal’ for Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Do they know we don’t say that for non-Orthodox?

14. Phronema

Phronema Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,089
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'm sad to see you go archer. You've been a great help to me, and I'll miss our conversations. Take care of yourself, brother.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. AMM

AMM A Beggar Supporter

+1,226
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    I’ve heard that privately we may pray in such a way for any departed person, and that there’s a difference between declaring (her memory will be eternal) and praying (grant that her memory be eternal, if possible, O Lord). I may be wrong on this

16. OrthodoxWanderer

OrthodoxWanderer Member

+203
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    It's confused me before. In my parish we pray for non-Orthodox.

17. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,096
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Memory eternal for RBG. There’s a lot of reasons I wouldn’t touch that with a 30-foot cattle prod!!!

18. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,232
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    That's a given. We do pray for our countries, leaders whether they are Orthodox or not, but "memory eternal" is for those who died within the embrace of the Church, hopefully in repentance.

19. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+7,232
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    With a chain wire fence in between.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,096
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    For someone who spent a life that included passionately advocating for the deaths of millions of unborn babies, presiding over lesbian weddings, fighting for sodomy-based marriage, and removing “The Year of Our Lord” from Supreme Court dates, I choose to say “Lord Have Mercy”....