Leaving Islam for Jesus?

May 8, 2013
✟7,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it the connection that your missing or something something keeping you from returning? Hesitation,doubt, unanswered questions? I have some experience in the matter you are speaking of and although I don't talk about it much I can see your reaching out and I would love to help you. Are you safe or would a conversion place you in harms way?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Hi everyone,

I've recently been having a spiritual crisis in faith. I converted to Islam 5 years ago but no longer feel a connection towards it. I'm considering going back to Christianity. Has anyone here been in a similar situation?

Peace.
Unless you deal with the reasons you left Christianity going back to it may leave you feeling just as disconnected as Islam has.

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,

I've recently been having a spiritual crisis in faith. I converted to Islam 5 years ago but no longer feel a connection towards it. I'm considering going back to Christianity. Has anyone here been in a similar situation?

Peace.

Come one! Come ALL!

"12How think you? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, does He not leave the ninety and nine, and goes into the mountains, and seeks that which is gone astray?

13And if so be that He find it, truly I say to you, He rejoices more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

14Even so it is NOT the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish."
Jesus's, God's words, Matthew 18:12-14

Major Residents of Hell: WOmen???? [Archive] - Ummah.com - Muslim Forum

You made the right choice, come one! Come ALL!

;):pray::holy:

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I AM the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of LIFE."
Jesus's, God's words, John 8:12

Upvote 0

xaira

May 15, 2013
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
Thank you all for your responses to my thread and making me feel welcome here.

@OnAQuestForTruth - I like your suggestion on meditating on the topic. I've asked God many times for a sign. So far the only sign I've received is my apartment started to smell like bacon (haha). Can't say that's a for sure sign however, but I do believe God has a sense of humour nonetheless.

@byfaithalone96 - Thankfully I do not fear for my physical safety in leaving Islam. I didn't connect with the local muslim community really at all. I worry about making the wrong choice and going to hell. There is no hope for being an apostate of Islam. One is guaranteed to go to hell.
I couldn't keep up with all the requirements and rules of Islam. There is so much one has to do, with 5 prayers and fasting. It seemed so matter how much I tried I failed. Christianity almost seems too easy. I don't want to make the wrong choice and be doomed. I feel a longing for Christ and his mercy. I keep asking God to give me a sign to tell me the way to Him. How can I be sure?

@Sophrosyne - You make a really good point here. I must say muslims make a really good case for Islam. It's difficult to understand the trinity. When I converted it made more sense to me that there was ONE God. I'm still learning about the trinity and trying to wrap my mind around it.
I fell in love with the Sufi aspect of Islam. That deep spiritual connect with God... I'm not quite sure if such an esoteric tradition exists in Christianity.

@Christian7PraiseJesus - What a beautiful parable, thank you for sharing that with me. Yes, I've only recently came across the hadith about hell being full of women. I've been learning much more about the darker side of Islam lately. I've been listening to debates with David Wood on youtube. While I don't always agree with him, he makes a lot of good points.

Again thank you all for welcoming me here. I feel like a lost soul drifting alone.

Upvote 0
May 8, 2013
✟7,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Their is so much I would like to talk with you about. I would love to answer any questions you have. Are there any particular question's you have regarding the Trinity maybe we could focus and distil some of your fears as much as from the outside it may look the Trinity in its pure essence is not shirk and once understanding is met it very closely follows shahada. There is an understanding that has to be met once you are submerged in the Holy Bible.

You speak of Sufi and an eqivalant in Christianity if it exists. Yes it absolutely does and once you find it it is deeper and more intimate than anything Islam can offer. Let me explain it this way no matter the sect of Islam you follow Allah is still in heaven. Picture it as many of us do a heaven up in the sky the clouds if you will. No matter what you do as a human god still remains distant, separate and away from you. In Christianity that is not the case He comes to live inside you where you can speak,pray and feel him inside you.

Islam follows very closely Torah, as you know, my question is this speaking of shahada direct your attention to exodus 20 verse 3. Now for yourself answer did the Bible take that verse from Islam or did Islam take it from the Bible. Answer by what is documented through good archaeological and historical findings. Do you wish to follow a religion that follows another or do you want the original faith that upon which many other religions take there ques from? You cannot get anywhere if the truth is not apparent and as we learn sometimes the most astonishing truths are that way because of their apparant simplicity. How are you sure because you FEEL it. To feel you have to have faith. It is same way in your normal daily walk when you just KNOW something is right. Still your heart speak to God in your mind from your heart and LISTEN; in that quiet small part of you He will talk to you and you will know your answer hearing it as much as feeling. He is peace He is love and you are His conduit now out into the world. Love for him and your fellow man will get you everything you need.

There are many dark points in Islam and much of what is presented as a horror really do not scratch the surface. They are taken out of context and when used by Christians to help someone convert they really don't hold up and their are questions left unanswered. The horror lies in the evidence we do have not some twisting of the text of the quran but the cold hard facts. Evil wrapped in a riddle is still evil and its still horrific.

I will finish now with this because I went on much longer than I expected to lol what you see here in this post is 13 years of study, comparsion and long moments in prayful meditation. I wish for you your journey to the truth easier it is not an easy thing by any means when you are searching but it is the most important decision you will ever make. I hope I have helped you in some way I will continue to watch this thread and if I can assist I will be more than happy to. You have started down the path now and sometimes looking back its that first step that is the hardest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
@Sophrosyne - You make a really good point here. I must say muslims make a really good case for Islam. It's difficult to understand the trinity. When I converted it made more sense to me that there was ONE God. I'm still learning about the trinity and trying to wrap my mind around it.
I fell in love with the Sufi aspect of Islam. That deep spiritual connect with God... I'm not quite sure if such an esoteric tradition exists in Christianity.
The trinity is a tough thing for some to fathom but once you start to understand it you see God in a dimension way beyond anything Islam can offer. The trinity explains a lot of problems in scripture that Muslims have with the bible and their unwillingness to entertain it as valid makes it a lot easier to reject Jesus of the Bible. I think the whole thing hinges on Jesus Deity myself, If Jesus isn't God then the love God shows for us is greatly diminished and the power of the cross is also in some way rendered powerless. Jesus being God makes for us a personal relationship with God on a level Islam cannot offer. God died for us, saved us unto himself his love knows no bounds. Islam has its followers trying to do good their entire lives to prove they deserve heaven (salvation) where Jesus simply says... believe in me.

Upvote 0

xaira

May 15, 2013
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
@byfaithalone96 - Your post was really helpful, thank you. May I enquire as to how you came about studying both Islam and Christianity? Were you a muslim at one point?

You're right that verse in the Torah is clear about the one God. And Islam and Judaism is very similar. Right now I've been meditating on the Trinity also being one God. It is difficult coming from Islam. Islam used Christianity often as an example of paganism. I'm still working out the parts of God is the sum of God.

I'm very worried that by going to Christianity I'm making the wrong choice. Such verses as these scare me quite a bit:
“Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses – We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, God is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.” (Quran 4:56)

It's so absolutely terrifying!

I also find it difficult to accept that a Creator would allow that his children to suffer for eternity. Yet I still worry that it is so.

Upvote 0

xaira

May 15, 2013
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
@Sophrosyne - I completely agree! The concept of God suffering as Jesus to save us from our own sins is beyond beautiful. I've always loved that about Christianity. I really want to learn more about making a personal relationship with God!

@BrandonG - I'm not completely sure why I left Christianity about 8 years ago (I've been back and forth a few times with other religions). I'm pretty sure I found it dull and unfulfilling and I continued to seek for something to fill a void within myself.
One of my childhood friends converted to Islam and she introduced it to me. I study it for quite some time after that. I found their concept of God made more sense. I also believed that Islam and science had no conflict and that the qu'ran had scientific 'proofs' to illustrate that. For example there are passages about astronomy that discribes how iron didn't originally come from earth and another passage on how mountains are created.

I never was able to properly follow the tenants of Islam. I was never able to connect with any local Muslims. My family was hostile to the idea of it. I felt terrible guilt for my sins yet continued to sin. I recently spent some time with a Christian lady. She was just so fulfilled by her faith. She does so many wonderful things for so many people and just looks so happy. She put the idea in my head that maybe Christianity is more the path for me. Sense then I've watch some videos by David Wood who compares Islam and Christianity and I find his show makes some very valid points.

@Habakk Thank you for your welcome and blessings. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 8, 2013
✟7,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@byfaithalone96 - Your post was really helpful, thank you. May I enquire as to how you came about studying both Islam and Christianity? Were you a muslim at one point?

You're right that verse in the Torah is clear about the one God. And Islam and Judaism is very similar. Right now I've been meditating on the Trinity also being one God. It is difficult coming from Islam. Islam used Christianity often as an example of paganism. I'm still working out the parts of God is the sum of God.

I'm very worried that by going to Christianity I'm making the wrong choice. Such verses as these scare me quite a bit:
“Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses – We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, God is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.” (Quran 4:56)

It's so absolutely terrifying!

I also find it difficult to accept that a Creator would allow that his children to suffer for eternity. Yet I still worry that it is so.

Your very welcome it has been a joy. In reference to quran 4:56 it is scary because it is meant to be very SCARY. There as almost 150 references to Jahannam in the quran. Compared to at most 50 in the Bible in contrast to 550 references of heaven. That very quickly puts things in contrast doesn't it. Fear or reward that is your choice. Live in fear never knowing if you worked hard enough, did enough, gave enough, worshipped enough in Islam. These very questions can very quickly suck the joy out of life. In contrast to having a belief and a faith that makes you sure of your heavenly fate. That very simply explains that no matter what you will sin but I have covered that because you simply could not reach that point. You will never do enough, be enough but that is ok. Your assuredness of your future lies in only 2 things-believe that Jesus was crucified, died and rose from the dead-and love that love will guide you through anything He may ask of you. Do you want a belief system that wants you sure and knowing of everything or do you want one that keeps you questioning whether you even have the basics enough to qualify? Fear and lack of knowledge are two of the most powerful motivators in this world but as a human they leave you lacking and eventually you grow tired of the difficulty and expectations. don't do this do this,no you can't do that its haraam. Forbid that you may not have been aware of that rule because its too late. God in the Bible addressees that with a blanketing of forgiveness. Live somewhere Jesus isn't taught your covered, sin and fall if you believed as you should your covered, be below the age of reason and accountability guess what your still covered. Not an excuse for sin but an allowance of forgiveness that takes into account you will never address or remember all of it.

I wonder what speaks to you. What is your love language? Is it closeness and touch,is it logic or a combination of the two? For me it is logic just enough to cover me in those first tentative steps out when your reaching with faith. We have much evidence to support this to build a solid foundation upon which everything else can rest. Once you plant your feet your studies only help you to put on the full armor of God.

Ethically the choice is yours for me in my discovery I took both books in hand read the quranic creation than the Biblical one after the other compare in detail for first time and guage how you feel. Follow your way through the books concentrating only where both claim to stand in the torah. After a bit I felt physically sick the comparisons just do not hold up. One has very violent undertones that left me as I had been feeling before-empty, off kilter because i am a peaceful person.

I see you are in Canada and I am happy to know you are safe. I can tell you this-from my travels-what you see where you are does not give you benefit at all. You know as I do that the Koran justifies jihad and I mean in pure definition here the struggle. Devout muslims when Americanized and neutralized through non Shari'a govt. Are nothing more than cultural practioners and I'm thinking this is probably what led you here in the first place without an ability to fully submit and fully practice you are left wondering the fate of your soul. But I can tell you from my experiance and my travels one that can be approached here as any deist or moralist is by far different from the case in the rest of the world. Are they peaceful elsewhere yes, some but alot are not and its those few Shari'a controlled govts. You have to look at because that is the ultimate goal for the religion. That speaks volumes once you have understanding of full implications. I myself in my travels have met some of the best of the best, wonderful friends that even as Muslim will go to church with me will fast over lent in solidarity to both religions. But I've often met those also that are very loosely hinged that gave me a shocking look behind the veil and shown me the difference between Islam here and there.

I practiced Islam for many years. Went to India on a trip my 21st birthday and met a wonderful muslim man. He traveled here to the states so i was able to come home often. Christianity was not on my radar for a long time. After several years i became curious and my eyes were opened fully to Christianity. I had everything one would ever want and nothing that I needed. He rejected it I left and turned my back on what I thought was my paradise, my hopes and dreams and came back here with nothing other than family. I took that leap of faith. At the time my fears concerned what was important-the destination of my soul and a true crisis of faith. So I studied more and more the longer I studied the surer I was and overtime I was able to stand again in this-what you see here. Grounded in belief I found apologetics and saw I had a special very personal insight. Facts, history why we believe what we do and that has further assured me.

If you have made it this far I want to say thank you so much from listening. I came to this forum to look at apologetic posts, get different points of view, and study and as soon as I signed in there was your thread. After I got over being stunned from the coincidence lol I reached out and posted. I pray I have helped you and I will continue to pray for you. I have no doubt you will get the understanding you need. :)

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all for your responses to my thread and making me feel welcome here.

@OnAQuestForTruth - I like your suggestion on meditating on the topic. I've asked God many times for a sign. So far the only sign I've received is my apartment started to smell like bacon (haha). Can't say that's a for sure sign however, but I do believe God has a sense of humour nonetheless.

@byfaithalone96 - Thankfully I do not fear for my physical safety in leaving Islam. I didn't connect with the local muslim community really at all. I worry about making the wrong choice and going to hell. There is no hope for being an apostate of Islam. One is guaranteed to go to hell.
I couldn't keep up with all the requirements and rules of Islam. There is so much one has to do, with 5 prayers and fasting. It seemed so matter how much I tried I failed. Christianity almost seems too easy. I don't want to make the wrong choice and be doomed. I feel a longing for Christ and his mercy. I keep asking God to give me a sign to tell me the way to Him. How can I be sure?

@Christian7PraiseJesus - What a beautiful parable, thank you for sharing that with me. Yes, I've only recently came across the hadith about hell being full of women. I've been learning much more about the darker side of Islam lately. I've been listening to debates with David Wood on youtube. While I don't always agree with him, he makes a lot of good points.

Again thank you all for welcoming me here. I feel like a lost soul drifting alone.

I'll just repost what I wrote somewhere else:

"But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
Jesus's, God's words, Matthew 28:10

Prophet of Doom - Islamic Quotes - Racism
Major Residents of Hell: WOmen???? [Archive] - Ummah.com - Muslim Forum
The Quran's Verses of Violence
Know Islam: Memorable Writings of Anwar Shaikh
Prophet of Doom - Islamic Quotes - Murder
Prophet of Doom - Islamic Quotes - Torture
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Muhammad/myths-mu-rape.htm

"
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I AM the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of LIFE."
Jesus's, God's words, John 8:12

"
And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and He healed their sick."
Jesus's, God's words Matthew 14:14

"He said, "It is finished!"
Jesus's, God's words, John 19:30

:amen:

------------------

You said about something about feeling close to Jesus. Well Jesus is the father. He's my father and He is your father. We're all His children. "And call no man your father upon the earth: for ONE is your Father, which is in heaven." Jesus's, God's words Matthew 23:9

I could show you many quotes supporting Jesus as God and as the father. For me, it makes complete sense to me as I accept that humans have a body and a soul. Jesus is God's body (a perfect, sinless theophany of God in the flesh) and the Father represents the spirit, the soul of God. As humans have bodies and souls, so does God. This reinforces my belief in human souls, and as a result, it gives me even more reason to help them and not do wrong to them.

You mentioned earlier about science... Well we know skin color is due to melanin in the skin and scientific theories state humans used to live in tropical climates, then migrated to other areas. Due to the change in climate (having more or sunlight on their skin and warmer or colder temperatures), they adapted and gained differences in their skin color, which would protect them from sunburn. We know there are no separate 'races,' but ONE human race, and people are 99.9% the same genetically, national geographic.

Here we have (among the many racist quotes in the Quaran and Hadith):

Ishaq:243 "I heard the Apostle say: 'Whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal!' He was a black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks.... Allah sent down concerning him: 'To those who annoy the Prophet there is a painful doom." [9:61] "Gabriel came to Muhammad and said, 'If a black man comes to you his heart is more gross than a donkey's.'"

Tabari II:11 "Shem, the son of Noah was the father of the Arabs, the Persians, and the Greeks; Ham was the father of the Black Africans; and Japheth was the father of the Turks and of Gog and Magog who were cousins of the Turks. Noah prayed that the prophets and apostles would be descended from Shem and kings would be from Japheth. He prayed that the African's color would change so that their descendants would be slaves to the Arabs and Turks."

Not only is this highly racially divisive and racist, this also makes the completely heinous and SCIENTIFICALLY wrong assertion that Africans' skin color is not due to historically environmental factors during migration. It also states skin color should dictate slavery. In fact, slavery is a highly acceptable event in there, whereas Jesus, who is God states, "Neither be ye called masters, for ONE is your master, CHRIST" Matthew 23:10 and "24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Jesus's, God's words, Matthew 6:24.

Qur'an 2:64 "But you [Jews] went back on your word and were lost losers. So become apes, despised and hated. We made an example out of you."

Ishaq:250 "The bestial transformation occurred when Allah turned Jews into apes, despised."

Here it looks like the UNSCIENTIFIC (and racist, of course) claim that some humans are "lesser races" or had relations with apes (Amalgamation). This is, of course, 100% not true according to science and DNA (99.9% the same) as well as the scientific proof of this being impossible.

Also, "Don't judge by appearances," Jesus's God's words John 7:24

This is deeply, deeply UNscientific as we are all of ONE HUMANkind, 99.9% the same DNA no matter the region, ect. One humanity, equal under Jesus, who is God. I'd say this is something to think about when thinking about science, as this is very, very wrong. Of course, the other links there too (violence, torture, rape, sending wives to the couch to beat them - know Islam, Anwar Shaikh link)

"25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?"
Jesus's, God's words, Matthew 6:25-27

JESUS IS GOD AND HE IS GOD THE FATHER! JESUS IS GOD! PRAISE JESUS!!

Upvote 0

xaira

May 15, 2013
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-NDP
I feel so thankful for all the posts here on this thread. Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions.

@byfaithalone96 - your insight and account of your personal struggles has helped me tremendously. Thank you very much. I was really able to connect with what you've shared with me.

I look forward to learning more from this forum as I begin my travels on a new spiritual path. This Sunday I'm planning on visiting a church to see what that's like. I'm pretty excited. :)

Upvote 0