Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. - Matthew 6:2-4

I understand saying something because you want to talk about circumstances that led that person there, but I would be cautious about who I brought up the subject with, for the very reasons you stated. In that, I would say that trial and error will help you find who you can and cannot talk to about those kinds of things.

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is difficult to say without knowing what the bad vibe entailed. Some people don't agree with begging so the bad vibe could be that. Or maybe they give a bad vibe because they themselves are short of money or they feel guilty because they are not charitable. If you were not telling about it to be puffed up or proud then the problem is theirs, not yours. Pray to Jesus about it, He loves you and wants to hear when things disturb or confuse you. Hopefully He will share some wisdom with you.

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. - Matthew 6:2-4

I understand saying something because you want to talk about circumstances that led that person there, but I would be cautious about who I brought up the subject with, for the very reasons you stated. In that, I would say that trial and error will help you find who you can and cannot talk to about those kinds of things.

It is difficult to say without knowing what the bad vibe entailed. Some people don't agree with begging so the bad vibe could be that. Or maybe they give a bad vibe because they themselves are short of money or they feel guilty because they are not charitable. If you were not telling about it to be puffed up or proud then the problem is theirs, not yours. Pray to Jesus about it, He loves you and wants to hear when things disturb or confuse you. Hopefully He will share some wisdom with you.

I wasn't being proud, it just grieves my soul that people need to be begging door to door and wanted to talk about it. But I felt when I told on person about it that I got a standoffish reaction. Then I shall not talk about it. After that I remembered the words quoted above by our Lord, that I should not sound trumpets before me. But I only realized it afterwards.
And yes. Some people do not agree giving to the poor and some people might regard us being proud. I have felt both of those experiences.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0