Learn How to Prophesy, Speak in Tongues, and Manifest your Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Problem with this thread: it breaks...
Rule No. 3 - No "Spamming"

I agree. Sorry.
Anyone who wants to receive these lessons can contact me by PM. I promise you that you will be wonderfully surprised at what you read... as thousands have before you (read the testimonies following the opening post). Listen to the Lord, and let Him tell you what to do.

And, despite what some have suggested, there is no "800 number", or request for money. That is just absurd.

But it is no mistake that Paul begins and ends his dissertation with words concerning ignorance.

1Co 12:
1 And concerning the spiritual things, brethren, I do not wish you to be ignorant;

1Co 14:
38 and if any one is ignorant--let him be ignorant;

If you would like to recieve the lessons let me say that this is actually a very good forum for what I have wanted to do with this series. I need to rewrite, reword, and update the lessons. This has not been done for several years, and as I look over these lessons again, I see where there are typographical errors and ways that I could improve the presentation. When I first began to put this down into an Internet format, I was literally driven by the Lord to get it all down and do so quickly. Twelve hour-all night marathons were not unusual. So I may be reworking the lessons as I present them. I am going to send all the material in one mass mailing of a dozen or so lessons, and then go back and work at them as issues arise.
I fully expect some to not like what they read. I have been presenting this material for many years and I doubt there is an argument that I have not heard. What I can say is that when people lay aside their pre-conceived ideas long enough to see the complete picture, they almost always understand and achieve the stated goals. The opposite is also true. If someone goes into this presentation refusing to at least reevaluate those old commonly held notions, then they will almost always fail to see that bigger picture and in the end, fail.
I do ask that before you respond, at least read through the complete series first. It is very likely that your objections will be covered in another lesson. All learning is like building a house. First the ground has to be cleared. This is sometimes that hardest part! The foundation has to be laid next, then the floors and walls, and finally the roof and interiors. Failing to lay the foundation will result in a building that will not stand for long if at all. Originally I required students to take our 68-lesson "Foundation Truth" course before the "How To Prophesy" course. I note that those students who took the foundational course had a much higher success rate than those who did not. I also note that student who do not have a lot of "theological baggage" coming into the course are more successful than those who do. Sometimes traditions are just too much of a barrier for some.
Hobie

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey Hobie,
dont let those people discourage you. I was looking forward to your posts to learn a lot more about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Just ignore their pre-judgements -- there'll always be some who will listen and are teachable. You already know who are against you, so why bother with them.

I have some questions on the interpretation of tongues. so hope you can shed some light here.

shalom

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by hobart schmedly
How tragic that we have not even started yet and half dozen people who have no idea what is about to be presented have prejudged and declared the end before the beginning. :(
As long as you already know what is wrong with what is going to be presented. Please expand on the errors of lesson 1. Maybe let us know why lesson seven is wrong. :confused:
It is plain that you will not get anything out of these lessons, not because they are right or wrong. But because you have shown yourselves to be unteachable; thinking that you already know it all, and worst of all: you are just plain unkind.
Several have stated that they would stay away. Perhaps that would be the best thing. Please stay away. We would not want anyone "to be sick." :o You will not be hindering those who at the very least want a chance to see what is to be presented.

If I've judged wrongly, I'm sorry..... but the presentation simply reflects... well, exactly what I said in my first post. If you'd said it was a study on the gifts of the spirit, fine..... but what you said was "you will learn to prophesy", how to pray in tongues etc..... you talk like you're prepared to teach someone a spiritual gift, which from my reading of scripture just can't be done. Believe me, I'd love to be proven wrong.... but if I am, honestly the first thing I suggest you do on terms of revision and so forth is change the tone of your spiel from the first post, because it DOES sound like a sales pitch.

And if I've been unkind or unnecessarily harsh, again I apologize.

-Elias

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Hobie,
dont let those people discourage you. I was looking forward to your posts to learn a lot more about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Just ignore their pre-judgements -- there'll always be some who will listen and are teachable. You already know who are against you, so why bother with them.

I have some questions on the interpretation of tongues. so hope you can shed some light here.

shalom
Thanks for the encouragement Andrew. Alas I have already asked the moderators to close the thread. I am afraid it is just to painful to endure so much ridicule and mocking, and I guess I felt that the effort was pointless given the overwhelming prejudging and rejection before we even started. I have been teaching for thirty years. I have had half a congregation get up and walk out on me. Yet it still brings sorrow to my heart when this sort of thing happens. I was all set to post all 19 lessons when the server went down over the weekend. Perhaps it was for the best.
Well the Lord told me years ago that we are men in a life raft trying to pull as many drowning people in as we can. It is a hard thing to say, but when we come to those who refuse our words or even try and pull us into the deep with them, we have no choice but to weep and move on to others who are more receptive. It is for our own protection that we move on lest we do get pulled in also. I would rather be sad than mad, weep than in the deep.
Maybe we can addess your questions in another thread. I will be watching.
Blessings to all!
Hobie

Upvote 0

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by hobart schmedly

Thanks for the encouragement Andrew. Alas I have already asked the moderators to close the thread. I am afraid it is just to painful to endure so much ridicule and mocking, and I guess I felt that the effort was pointless given the overwhelming prejudging and rejection before we even started.

If I injured you in any way, I'm sorry....... I have a Sarky streak that comes out more than it should. However, all you've done by way of a response is say how hurt you are and write all your detractors off as "ignorant", "unteachable" or even "drowning men". You havn't answered the very real, biblical questions posed here. You're proposing something that, to many, appears heterodox. If it's a matter of wording, you'd do well to clarify and defend it so we're not so "ignorant", rather than writing us all off. I dare say if any of us misunderstood we'd like to know about it.

-Elias

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EliasEmmanuel

Gomi No Sensei
Apr 20, 2002
Camdenton, Missouri
Visit site
✟16,287.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by Andrew
Same reason as how Pastors and preachers can teach about Jesus and salvation without being Jesus.

That's well and good, but the rub here is the wording.... he didn't say "I will teach you all about prophecy".... but "I will teach you to prophesy".

Dont you wanna at least know what they are -- the 9 supernatural gifts of God?

Discernment, tongues, interpretation of tongues, prophesy, faith, wisdom, knowledge, healing and miracles?

-Elias

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.