Learn Curriculum or get Good Grades???!

ChristianGuitar

Jan 3, 2005
✟213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hate it when it comes down to this, but I'm having a hard time making a decision (dilemma). First off, I'm a 23 year old college student in my 3rd year pursuing a degree in Business Administration. I know this is not a "college student forum" but I'd figure that 30 year olds would be the experienced, the young, and smart professionals who would advise me best!

Anyways, what do you guys think? Should I take easy Professor to get the grade, or take a challenging Professor to learn and risk my GPA?

I know you have heard about these "blow off", "easy A" classes that a friend recommends or recommended to you. And you come out of the class with the A you're satisfied with, yet feel regret because you feel like all that money and learning time was spilled down the drain. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? Have you ever felt this?

Does all this schooling and learning really matter when it comes to getting the jobs in corporate America? Or is it all about the credentials? I want the financial security in the future, but I'm afraid if I take the challenging route this will not happen. If all this time is spent on learning and studying for my classes, I don't know if I'll be able to keep firm with both my service at church and my grades!! ahh, please help!

I am open for all opinions.. If you dont respond, thank you for listening and allowing me to vent my sufferings to you. God bless you guys!

one love

llghoney

Life is preparation for eternity
May 31, 2005
✟23,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I have to say when you get a job they are not going to ask you what grade you got in that class. Nor will they ask you what your GPA was? But if you have a good GPA when finishing school that can go on your resume. They are more concerned about graduation.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

mshillje

Oct 14, 2005
Austin, Tx
✟15,804.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It depends on whether or not that field of study is related to the job you'll be interviewing for. If you're studying computer science, and you hope to land a job in the field of IT, the prospective employer isn't going to care whether you skated the easy prof in English Lit or not. And, it won't have any bearing on your job performance once you land that job.

The primary things your prospective employer is going to look at on your resume are: what was your overall GPA; then in particular, what was your GPA in your relevant courses; and then perhaps, did you have any internships or work while in college (shows dedication, and at least some kind of work experience). In your interview your mettle will be tested with different types of questions related to the job your applying for, so it is a good idea to challenge yourself in your related field. They want to know if you're going to be able to do the job; if you can't answer any of the questions in the interview, that will be their answer.

Upvote 0