Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Moving half way across the country to attend a grad school completely sight unseen in a city I'd never been, knew no one, etc. We'll see how it turns out. I don't usually tell people this because then they'll think I'm crazy ("You made a 3-year commitment sight unseen?") But hey, no risk no reward. And I've always considered it a calculated gamble...and a leap of faith.

Upvote 0

pressingon17

Oct 20, 2007
Nor Cal
✟12,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I bought a plain ticket, moved out to Southern California on a prayer and just showed up at the place I live and work not knowing if I would be able to stay or had to leave that very day. Best decision of my life.

Upvote 0

ASonofThunder

Apr 2, 2012
Australia
✟7,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 years ago I was working in fast food at the same time as doing ministry. I am in a youth pastor type role at the church, but I'm a volunteer. I was also studying Bible college. Between the three I was flat out, and I'd work from 3:30am-8:00 in the morning and then head to staff meetings and staff stuff for the day, and have youth things at night. It also didn't help that it was an awful work place with a manager who didn't know what she was doing, it was hugely understaffed, and in a busy air-port. It was truly soul crushing and exhausting stuff, and I was becoming more and more useless in other aspects of life because I was so tired. I felt like God was telling me I could leave there in December. I had no other work lined up, and wasn't sure what I would do, but I put in my notice in about July that I'd leave at the start of December, and just trusting that God had a plan. It got to December and I left having no idea how I was going to live on no income, and having only enough money to get me through a month or so of unemployment. Next thing I know a family approaches me at church and asks if they can sponsor me to do ministry. Between them and support from other church families I've been able to continue to focus on ministry, and make that my work. Was very scary at the time, but has taught me to trust God with my life and finances, because He is an incredibly good and faithful God.

Upvote 0

wannaberocker

Aug 26, 2012
✟15,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
After grad school pretty much everything has been a leap of faith. Most recently, I was working at a mid level management position (though I hated the job) So, I quit. Without having another job lined up. Im currently, trying to move into a different employment sector and hope and pray that my decision to quit was a good one long term.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I bought a plain ticket, moved out to Southern California on a prayer and just showed up at the place I live and work not knowing if I would be able to stay or had to leave that very day. Best decision of my life.

I must say I'm a tad jealous of this story! Sometimes, I wish I could do the same!:cool::thumbsup:

Upvote 0