United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Against the backdrop of a Synod of Bishops on the Amazon dedicated to the defense of some of the world's most impoverished people, the Vatican finds itself rocked by yet another financial scandal after publication Sunday of seamy details about a 200 million purchase of a swanky 183,000 square foot apartment building in the Chelsea district of London.

Continued below.
Leaked documents detail $200 million Vatican deal for swanky London property

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I am speechless. I think that Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant leaders should all watch that wonderful 1968 film, The Shoes of the Fisherman. With his advisers around him, the Cardinals told the Russian Pope that he could not sell all of the Church's treasures to help feed the starving millions. They said that the Church could not survive without it's wealth. The Russian Pope played by Anthony Quinn told the Cardinals that all the Church needs to survive is the Spirit of God.

Friends, is it no wonder that so many young people have been turned off by all organized religion when they see stories like this one?

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder what the intended use of this purchase is. I like the shoes of the fisherman to but the Pope or Cardinals could not sell the Vatican treasures because they are not the owners, the faithful is.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0