Leading up to the 2016 federal election what is the best Aussie party?

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a conservative Christian, I will be voting Liberal ... with the Greens last on my preferences.
as a Christian charged with the job of looking after the earth and its environment I can't vote for the LNP because if it's lack of action to protect it.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as a Christian charged with the job of looking after the earth and its environment I can't vote for the LNP because if it's lack of action to protect it.
save a tree and kill an unborn baby, that's the Greens

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
save a tree and kill an unborn baby, that's the Greens
there is a better chance of holding back the ocean tide in Australia than getting the population to embrace Christian values now days it seems.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Prett
there is a better chance of holding back the ocean tide in Australia than getting the population to embrace Christian values now days it seems.
Pretty sure Christianity is still the majority religion here, actually.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right there. They have tossed teaching Christian values out of our schools and now teach deviant sexuality instead

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pretty sure Christianity is still the majority religion here, actually.
lol it seems like football, cricket, and going to the pub gambling is and a few of us call ourselves Christians with everything else the reminder.

It will be interesting when this years census is done how religion fares.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As a conservative Christian, I will be voting Liberal ... with the Greens last on my preferences.
I always find it amusing when people put one or two issues as the only issues worth considering as to christian values. You say kill an unborn baby but you don't mention the inhumane treatment the coalition does to other people. You ignore that God's instructions to us include standing up for the poor, needy and widowed yet liberal supporters happily continue supporting the liberals despite their constant attacks on single parents and the vulnerable despite the far larger saving that could be achieved by cutting out perks. Finally they seem to be talking about removing some of the super concessions that while available to anyone can only be used by wealthy who can afford to put extra into their super.
In 2008 (the last year I looked in depth at the budget) the single biggest expense in the entire welfare budget (making up a whopping 40% of the entire welfare budget) was govt co-contributions to peoples super accounts. In the same year single parenting payment made up less than half a percent of the budget! Labor are not innocent in targeting single parents either mind you but that group has been under constant attack from both sides since Howard started. The reason is simple. They are a small group spread all throughout the country so will not affect anything at the polling booth.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which party is best for us now in 2016?
When I saw this thread title I thought Oh no this person has come back to post that dodgy guide again. I am very glad I was wrong. There was one poster who each election posted a link to a christian site which had a guide to show which parties matched christian values the most. The reason I called it dodgy is the way from one election to the next they changed the wording of a statement on the same topic so they could still give all ticks to the christian democrats. If they had kept the statements the same from one election to the next then the christian democrats would have received a couple of crosses instead of all ticks. It disgusts me that they call themselves christian yet engaged in such deceitful behaviour.

I also will hold it against any candidate who objects to halal certification but stays silent on kosher certification. It is nothing but hypocrisy. Just another reason I will not vote for the christian democrats. Anyone who calls themselves a christian I will hold to higher standards and I will judge their behaviour and beliefs as I am entitled to by scripture. Anyone who does not claim to be a christian does not receive the same scrutiny as the bible does not allow that. I will expect more of a candidate I vote for. I have been very critical of Senator Larissa Waters for her blatant sexism and double standards since I voted for her.

In regards to your comments about the census people say they are christian when in reality they aren't. All those people who call themselves a non-practicing Catholic will mark Catholic on the census form. A better figure is regular church attendance. Regular does not mean must go every week but was measured over a month. They are more accurate figures and christianity is definitely a minority. Even if we were the majority there is still nothing in the bible that instructs us to force our beliefs on others.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^ Its's ok its legit, The paid political party promo trolls start closer to elections dont they? They seem to be all as bad as each other now with so much blending except the Greens which have some ok policies and others that are really bad and the Palmer party (who nobody normal would vote for lol).

i am looking for a happy medium between upholding christianity and good policies on animal welfare and plans to protect wildlife as well as backing renewables businesses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
but you don't mention the inhumane treatment the coalition does to other people
If this is in reference to the Pacific "solution", do bare in mind that both parties support it. Labor just tries to obscure the fact by changing the location.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If this is in reference to the Pacific "solution", do bare in mind that both parties support it. Labor just tries to obscure the fact by changing the location.
Yes they do. However we should at least bear in mind that the public essentially demanded they do this which was part of the campaigning of the coalition. If people were really worried about cost they could introduce a policy where they process people in the countries like Indonesia. The 90% found to be legit could then pay a couple of thousand to be flown here in a RAAF C130 cargo plane in the passenger configuration. Essentially covering costs. Then say anyone who comes by boat will automatically be denied. Then if as the coalition and right wing people claim it really is about saving lives (as if we really need anymore proof that it isn't) then it would solve the problem.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes they do. However we should at least bear in mind that the public essentially demanded they do this which was part of the campaigning of the coalition. If people were really worried about cost they could introduce a policy where they process people in the countries like Indonesia. The 90% found to be legit could then pay a couple of thousand to be flown here in a RAAF C130 cargo plane in the passenger configuration. Essentially covering costs. Then say anyone who comes by boat will automatically be denied. Then if as the coalition and right wing people claim it really is about saving lives (as if we really need anymore proof that it isn't) then it would solve the problem.
I think you're missing a fairly important point, which is the discouragement factor. Look at Germany.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes they do. However we should at least bear in mind that the public essentially demanded they do this which was part of the campaigning of the coalition.
Not me, I voted greens out of frustration they were clawing into office promoting off shore concentration camps for the needy as something to aspire to and be proud of. I want no part of that, Jesus never set an example of rejection of the needy and those people are families with little kids. Thats the point where I lost faith in the two major parties and inaction on climate change as well sealed it for the LNP as not an option anymore.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It might be better to put some names in a hat and pray about it and draw one out.
Well, bad as they are, at least the Libs, *shudder* Labour and even the Greens and Democrats are mostly reasonably intelligent people who, while misguided, sinscerely want the best for the Australian people. There are some real loons out on the fringe who the hat method might put in power, though.

I used to be a paid up member of a political party, believe it or not. I've been getting more and more disheartened by the whole thing since about '05, and have voted a complete protest ballot the last few elections.

I don't have a solution, nor am I claiming to have. I just know I wouldn't willingly put many, if any, of the current MPs into Parliament if it were up to me.

Upvote 0