Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our elderly congregation worries that our church will close if we don't get more people in. But little gets done.
So i have begun a little quiet strategy of my own. Anyone that i know in my friends and family who shows interest, i am encouraging. It's simple. I offer lifts and make them feel welcome. I have discovered it is that easy. There are people who would like to join church but don't know how. It's intimidating. So far ive added 6. I make absolutely sure they sit with me or someone especially friendly.
I did not know my purpose on earth for so long. Now it is becoming clearer. It is to praise my lord Jesus, live in His Will and way and to lead as many souls towards him as i can. In my own tiny way. I am a quiet person but i have many friends. I do have the capacity to do this. It's a matter of communicating with and caring about others. But it involves active effort and time. I do not feel right being inert, its my duty to inform others about how wonderful and great God is and how He transforms lives from despair to joy. As my own testimony bears out.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just to clarify, are you leading souls to Jesus or are you leading souls that are already with Jesus to your church? Your OP indicates you live in a gentrified area of the UK, what diversity is present besides Anglican and perhaps a sprinkling of Catholics?

• Agree
Reactions: Aaron W.
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Church growth critically depends on young people joining. It is a fact that well over half of all millenials do not and will not go to church.
If you want an eye-opening experience, go look up something like "why don't millenials go to church" and look for the ones that are from the horses mouth. Don't look at preachers trying to explain it because they usually get it all wrong.
Then you will find out what is going on. This isn't some cultural construct, young people of today have a particular view of the world and an openness that is prevalent while also being extremely skeptical of those who label themselves as righteous people.
Try and get a good understanding of all of that and you might have a shot.

Blessup..

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our elderly congregation worries that our church will close if we don't get more people in. But little gets done.
So i have begun a little quiet strategy of my own. Anyone that i know in my friends and family who shows interest, i am encouraging. It's simple. I offer lifts and make them feel welcome. I have discovered it is that easy. There are people who would like to join church but don't know how. It's intimidating. So far ive added 6. I make absolutely sure they sit with me or someone especially friendly.
I did not know my purpose on earth for so long. Now it is becoming clearer. It is to praise my lord Jesus, live in His Will and way and to lead as many souls towards him as i can. In my own tiny way. I am a quiet person but i have many friends. I do have the capacity to do this. It's a matter of communicating with and caring about others. But it involves active effort and time. I do not feel right being inert, its my duty to inform others about how wonderful and great God is and how He transforms lives from despair to joy. As my own testimony bears out.

Good job for as I know it's not that easy for some of us to get people to attend church. I'm still trying.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not even a Christian, but I find something sad in these English, or UK generally, old churches becoming abandoned as older folks die and youngsters ignore them.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron W.

Dinorawr
Jan 17, 2018
London
✟9,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I see you have a willing an wanting heart to do more for the kingdom ! :) Bare your testimony to the world and testify of how good he is! & lead people to Jesus :)

Please investigate 'What is discipleship' and On YouTube : Francis Chan. He is a real wide eye opener.

Remember sister, its not about a relationship with a church. Its about the personal within their own heart. Which I feel church can miss out the whole feeling of Jesus and intimate relationship with him sometimes altogether .

YouTube Francis Chan.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just to clarify, are you leading souls to Jesus or are you leading souls that are already with Jesus to your church? Your OP indicates you live in a gentrified area of the UK, what diversity is present besides Anglican and perhaps a sprinkling of Catholics?

Either. I just anyone at whatever stage to become sure. Take that step.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Either. I just anyone at whatever stage to become sure. Take that step.
TANJ:

How can man lead a man to Christ when it is the Holy Spirit that leads man to Him if they are of The Elect of God??

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
TANJ:

How can man lead a man to Christ when it is the Holy Spirit that leads man to Him if they are of The Elect of God??

Andy Centek

I consider it my job to help direct people to Christ in whatever ways are in my power. That is my reason for living. To spread the gospel.

Upvote 0