Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I LOVE Christ and, therefore, I left Mormonism. Jesus saved me not because of deeds I had done. Ephesians 2 and Titus 3.

John 10
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Romans 8
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Romans 4:13
For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 9:30
What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

Romans 10:6
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)

Romans 3:21
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

BE
ye therefore perfect. It is not a commandment to become perfect. The only way to BE perfect is to have the righteousness of Christ imputed to yourself.

Philippians 1:6
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Corinthians 1
4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; 5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; 6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: 7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

I love God and others by His grace that is with me.
Dead faith does not save.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
My Savior saves people.

We know our Bibles. Christians do not have dead faith.
Jesus Christ LOVES us and He expects us to do the same:

(New Testament | James 1:23 - 27)

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We already know the Bible verses you like to post.

Galatians 2
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

You can't defend Mormonism with the Bible.

Galatians 1
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven , preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Mormon View of Bible:

Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 13
29 And after these plain and precious things were taken away it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book, which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God— because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Our LOVE for Christ comes from God.
We know that Christ LOVES us, but do you love Him enough to keep His commandments? Do you truly LOVE your neighbor as yourself? Do you LOVE God with all of your strength? We know the scriptures you like to post, but do you truly understand them in context, or do you stumble and revert back to your old ways once you have been washed clean? We should strive to keep the commandments not in word only, but in deed. I would rather be a sheep than a goat. I would rather glorify God through works than be a slothful servant. I would rather show my faith through works than have dead faith.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We know that Christ LOVES us, but do you love Him enough to keep His commandments? Do you truly LOVE your neighbor as yourself? Do you LOVE God with all of your strength? We know the scriptures you like to post, but do you truly understand them in context, or do you stumble and revert back to your old ways once you have been washed clean? We should strive to keep the commandments not in word only, but in deed. I would rather be a sheep than a goat. I would rather glorify God through works than be a slothful servant. I would rather show my faith through works than have dead faith.

You have no clue as to the meaning of words we post.

Our LOVE FOR Christ comes from God.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You have no clue as to the meaning of words we post.

Our LOVE FOR Christ comes from God.
Yes God does LOVE His Son, But if you LOVE Jesus Christ you can prove it by keeping the commandments. That is what those who truly love Jesus Christ do. When we LOVE Christ enough to keep the commandments, The Father will LOVE us too:

(New Testament | John 14:23)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes God does LOVE His Son, But if you LOVE Jesus Christ you can prove it by keeping the commandments. That is what those who truly love Jesus Christ do. When we LOVE Christ enough to keep the commandments, The Father will LOVE us too:

(New Testament | John 14:23)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

1 John 4
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

God is omniscient. We honor Him by living the new life He has given us and it isn't to prove something to Him. It is to glorify Him.

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Old way: attending Mormon meetings, giving more that 10% to a false religion, ....

New Way: glorifying the true God and studying His words instead of false teachings

OUR LOVE FOR HIM AND OTHERS COMES FROM GOD

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
1 John 4
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

God is omniscient. We honor Him by living the new life He has given us and it isn't to prove something to Him. It is to glorify Him.

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.
I like 1 John and I Corinthians too:

(New Testament | 1 John 4:7 - 11)

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:34)

34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:58)

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Well, as I said in post#191---you made me think about some stuff. It depends on what time of my life I would be in. If I had been in my present condition---I would have gone to Him for healing--I'm in a wheelchair and in pain 24/7 and now a widow--no children. So no---if He had healed me---I wouldn't have cared what He said anymore than the others He healed did! Besides, He upheld the word, He quoted it all, the time, and I would have known the scriptures and that they pointed to everything they said about the coming Messiah. If it had been as a young woman--as I said--I would have been Mary's best friend! I would have had 3 children as abortion was not an option (by my dad, 1st one at 12 and all aborted.) and been a totally ostracized woman as no one would have known who the father was. I would have been living in shame and degradation just as Mary and watched as He healed Mary and thrown myself at His feet, also. He would have known my past and loved me and I would not have been critical of Him at all.
Having looked at yourself critically, I have no doubt now that you would have recognized the Lord and followed him.

I am proud to know you. Other people with your life may very well have spit on God and cursed him. You on the other hand are giving your testimony every day that he lived and died for our salvation. This will surely go well for you on the day of judgement.

His grace will be sufficient.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Having looked at yourself critically, I have no doubt now that you would have recognized the Lord and followed him.

I am proud to know you. Other people with your life may very well have spit on God and cursed him. You on the other hand are giving your testimony every day that he lived and died for our salvation. This will surely go well for you on the day of judgement.

His grace will be sufficient.

I turned from Him in anger for over 25 years, as soon as I could leave home and get out on my own. I never did not believe in Him, I just wasted a good many years angry at Him--but God is patient. I had a praying step-mother and others who prayed for me and I finally came back to Him. Yes, I believe I would have followed Him. Yes--His grace is sufficient.

Upvote 0