Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I am surprised that you of all people would say something like that:

(New Testament | Matthew 3:9)

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

(Old Testament | Genesis 3:19)

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

You are the one who believes we are part of the earth.

I am? NO! The bible says so! For we are made of dust---but it is the breath of life that gives us life! Without that breath of life we would be as inanimate as the earth is for we would be dust again. It is His breath that allows us to have a brain that thinks---without that breath we are nothing. So, no, inanimate objects do not need salvation---a pile of dust does not need salvati0on, Adam and Eve as dust, did not need salvation. Only as living breathing humans with a working brain, they needed salvation.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I did not ask you and you have no proof that the earth was not baptized by the flood anyway.

Proof wouldn't cause a Mormon to believe the Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Genesis 6
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. 15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. 16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it. 17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth,
to destroy all flesh,
wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. 18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee. 19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. 20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. 21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them. 22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I am? NO! The bible says so! For we are made of dust---but it is the breath of life that gives us life! Without that breath of life we would be as inanimate as the earth is for we would be dust again. It is His breath that allows us to have a brain that thinks---without that breath we are nothing. So, no, inanimate objects do not need salvation---a pile of dust does not need salvati0on, Adam and Eve as dust, did not need salvation. Only as living breathing humans with a working brain, they needed salvation.
So don't you believe that we return to dust when we die, no life left in us?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 6
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. 15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. 16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it. 17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth,
to destroy all flesh,
wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. 18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee. 19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. 20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive. 21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them. 22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Nothing there to show that the earth was not baptized. It will also be baptized with fire.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Nothing there to show that the earth was not baptized. It will also be baptized with fire.

You can't baptize with fire---Jesus never baptized with fire---fire is used for cleansing or destruction.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not ask you and you have no proof that the earth was not baptized by the flood anyway.
You are pretty desperate here aren't you? First, I'll remind you that this is an open forum and anyone can respond. And second, it's not up to me to prove your negative comments. It's up to you to back up your statements. So far, you have only shown that you do not understand Scripture or what baptism and salvation actually are. Inanimate objects do not need to be baptized nor are they somehow "saved".

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Members of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints do believe the Bible.

If y'all believed the Bible, you wouldn't claim such outlandish beliefs which aren't in the Bible. Furthermore, you wouldn't believe the lies in the Book of Mormon, D&C, and PoGP. And you would renounce all your false prophets.

The Book of Mormon falsely says:

1 Nephi 13
29 And after these plain and precious things were taken away it[the Bible] goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book[Bible]which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.

Joseph Smith said,
I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.
Joseph Smith, Jr., History of the Church, 4:461

"13 Many are angry with the Book of Mormon. . . . The book marks the path by which we return to God, and there is but one spirit that opposes such a journey."
Joseph Fielding McConkie and Robert L. Millet, Doctrinal Commentary, 1:373

The Book of Mormon is the “keystone” of our religion, and the Doctrine and Covenants is the capstone, with continuing latter-day revelation. The Lord has placed His stamp of approval on both the keystone and the capstone.
Ezra Taft Benson, “The Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants,” Liahona, Jan 2005, 8

"When the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price offer information relative to biblical interpretation, these should be given preference in writing and teaching. But when these sources of latter-day revelation do not provide significant information which is available in the Inspired Version then this version may be used." (Editorial, Church News, 7 Dec. 1974, p. 16.)

"In addition to these four books of scripture, the inspired words of our living prophets become scripture to us. Their words come to us through conferences, Church publications, and instructions to local priesthood leaders."
Gospel Principles, p. 51-52

"There is an overwhelming lack of understanding in the world in relation to these principles of salvation and exaltation given to prepare mankind for a place in the kingdom of God, and this lack causes many to stumble. There is no excuse on the part of members of the Church, for they have received the necessary revelation directly from the heavens in this Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. The great mission of the Son of God has been revealed in the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants more clearly than any other place. Many passages that have been misunderstood, and therefore mistranslated in the Bible, are clarified in these sacred volumes."
Joseph Fielding Smith, Answers to Gospel Questions, 5 vols. [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1957-1966], vol. 4:57-58

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You can't baptize with fire---Jesus never baptized with fire---fire is used for cleansing or destruction.
(New Testament | Matthew 3:11)

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

(New Testament | Luke 3:16)

16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
If y'all believed the Bible, you wouldn't claim such outlandish beliefs which aren't in the Bible. Furthermore, you wouldn't believe the lies in the Book of Mormon, D&C, and PoGP. And you would renounce all your false prophets.

The Book of Mormon falsely says:

1 Nephi 13
29 And after these plain and precious things were taken away it[the Bible] goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book[Bible]which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.

Joseph Smith said,
I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.
Joseph Smith, Jr., History of the Church, 4:461

"13 Many are angry with the Book of Mormon. . . . The book marks the path by which we return to God, and there is but one spirit that opposes such a journey."
Joseph Fielding McConkie and Robert L. Millet, Doctrinal Commentary, 1:373

The Book of Mormon is the “keystone” of our religion, and the Doctrine and Covenants is the capstone, with continuing latter-day revelation. The Lord has placed His stamp of approval on both the keystone and the capstone.
Ezra Taft Benson, “The Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants,” Liahona, Jan 2005, 8

"When the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price offer information relative to biblical interpretation, these should be given preference in writing and teaching. But when these sources of latter-day revelation do not provide significant information which is available in the Inspired Version then this version may be used." (Editorial, Church News, 7 Dec. 1974, p. 16.)

"In addition to these four books of scripture, the inspired words of our living prophets become scripture to us. Their words come to us through conferences, Church publications, and instructions to local priesthood leaders."
Gospel Principles, p. 51-52

"There is an overwhelming lack of understanding in the world in relation to these principles of salvation and exaltation given to prepare mankind for a place in the kingdom of God, and this lack causes many to stumble. There is no excuse on the part of members of the Church, for they have received the necessary revelation directly from the heavens in this Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. The great mission of the Son of God has been revealed in the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants more clearly than any other place. Many passages that have been misunderstood, and therefore mistranslated in the Bible, are clarified in these sacred volumes."
Joseph Fielding Smith, Answers to Gospel Questions, 5 vols. [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1957-1966], vol. 4:57-58
You said: "If y'all believed the Bible, you wouldn't claim such outlandish beliefs which aren't in the Bible." I believe that all matter obeys the voice of God because it is all living and does as He commands it to:

(New Testament | Matthew 3:9)

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

(New Testament | Mark 4:41)

41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Does that mean we cease to exist?

Yes, until Jesus wakes us up. Either to the resurrection of life or to the resurrection of damnation.

Joh_5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes, until Jesus wakes us up. Either to the resurrectio0n of life or to the resurrection of damnation.

Joh_5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
If we cease to exist how is it possible to be judged or even woke up?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
(New Testament | Matthew 3:11)

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

(New Testament | Luke 3:16)

16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

That is the fire of God! That comes from Him and for the righteous, it does not destroy. For the unrighteous, it does destroy----and it is not done to inanimate objects. The earth at the coming of Jesus is burned up and destroyed. It is not baptized. The fire of the Holy Ghost is for the righteous only.

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If we cease to exist how is it possible to be judged or even woke up?

Do you guys even bother to read the bible?? Maybe your God can not wake the dead----ours will, and has. Did you not read the verse I posted?? There are 2 resurrections. Read!!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That is the fire of God! That comes from Him and for the righteous, it does not destroy. For the unrighteous, it does destroy----and it is not done to inanimate objects. The earth at the coming of Jesus is burned up and destroyed. It is not baptized. The fire of the Holy Ghost is for the righteous only.

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
The earth will not be destroyed, but cleansed.

Upvote 0