Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In his wonderful prayer shortly before the crucifixion, the Savior spoke of the glory that was his before the world was. Moreover, he came to this world voluntarily to be its Redeemer and save not only all flesh but also the earth itself from temporal death and also those who keep his cimmandments from eternal death or banishment from the presence of his Father, through obedience to his Father's commanments.
Joseph Fielding Smith, Answers to Gospel Questions, Vol. 5, p.34-35

The earth needed salvation?

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
The earth is now a sinner who needs to be saved???:scratch:

Aral Sea - Wikipedia

One example of how the planet has suffered is the Aral Sea, which in 25 years was almost completely destroyed by Soviet efforts to divert the rivers that fed it for irrigation projects.

Making matters worse?

Vozrozhdeniya Island - Wikipedia

One of the former islands in the Aral was home to a bio-weapons research facility. When the Aral was full there was no danger of unauthorized people getting inside of it, but with the Aral dead anyone could literally walk right up to it.

The nation of Kazahkstan is trying to bring water back into it, but it's such a slow and desperate process that it would basically take divine intervention to set things right, let alone clean up the site of that weapons facility.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aral Sea - Wikipedia

One example of how the planet has suffered is the Aral Sea, which in 25 years was almost completely destroyed by Soviet efforts to divert the rivers that fed it for irrigation projects.

Making matters worse?

Vozrozhdeniya Island - Wikipedia

One of the former islands in the Aral was home to a bio-weapons research facility. When the Aral was full there was no danger of unauthorized people getting inside of it, but with the Aral dead anyone could literally walk right up to it.

The nation of Kazahkstan is trying to bring water back into it, but it's such a slow and desperate process that it would basically take divine intervention to set things right, let alone clean up the site of that weapons facility.
None of which answered my question.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Mormonism:
...This scripture tells us that all things in God’s economy, even those which to us seem inanimate, obey the laws by which they are governed.

“… the earth [for example] abideth the law of a celestial kingdom, for it filleth the measure of its creation, and transgresseth not the law.” (D&C 88:25.)

“Therefore, … it shall be crowned with glory, even with the presence of God the Father;

“That bodies who are of the celestial kingdom may possess it forever and ever; …
The Rule of Law

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We gave you answers, and you ignored them because they didn't match up with what you wanted to hear.

The earth is not something that can be "saved." That it can be renewed, and will be, is obvious. God will remake the earth and the heavens---AFTER the 1000 years. Salvation isn't something that is given to an inanimate object. Jesus did not die for the planet, but for the people in it. He could wipe us all off the face of the earth and remake the planet instead of sending the flood and saving 8 people and some animals---He would not have needed to die in order to remake the planet.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The earth is not something that can be "saved." That it can be renewed, and will be, is obvious. God will remake the earth and the heavens---AFTER the 1000 years. Salvation isn't something that is given to an inanimate object. Jesus did not die for the planet, but for the people in it. He could wipe us all off the face of the earth and remake the planet instead of sending the flood and saving 8 people and some animals---He would not have needed to die in order to remake the planet.
So why was the earth baptized with water and will also be baptized with fire?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We gave you answers, and you ignored them because they didn't match up with what you wanted to hear.
No, you gave answers to questions nobody asked. I thought you were a reporter? Do you not expect a direct answer to a direct question? Can you not tell the difference between a direct answer and a non-answer?

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
No, you gave answers to questions nobody asked. I thought you were a reporter? Do you not expect a direct answer to a direct question? Can you not tell the difference between a direct answer and a non-answer?

1. I'm an entertainment writer. I've said as much several times now, and the fact that people still try to hammer me with it tells me that at best no one was paying attention. Do you expect me to take anyone seriously when this keeps happening?

2. I'm getting the feeling that you think any answer you don't want to hear is a "non-answer".

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. I'm an entertainment writer. I've said as much several times now, and the fact that people still try to hammer me with it tells me that at best no one was paying attention. Do you expect me to take anyone seriously when this keeps happening?

2. I'm getting the feeling that you think any answer you don't want to hear is a "non-answer".
1. At least I was close - reporter/writer, whatever. Why do you feel the need for people on this forum to pay attention to every detail you share about your personal life? That's odd. So, as an entertainment writer, can you not tell the difference between a direct answer and a non-answer? I am neither and can tell a difference.

2. Your feelings betray you, padawan. The Arial See drying up does not address my question you attempted to answer in post #4, which is in line with the OP. The Arial Sea has nothing to do with the OP.

I'll repeat:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I did not ask you and you have no proof that the earth was not baptized by the flood anyway.

Again, inanimate objects need no salvation, but they are cleansed. What is your proof that my sink needs salvation?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Again, inanimate objects need no salvation, but they are cleansed. What is your proof that my sink needs salvation?
I am surprised that you of all people would say something like that:

(New Testament | Matthew 3:9)

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

(Old Testament | Genesis 3:19)

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

You are the one who believes we are part of the earth.

Upvote 0