• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured LDS LDS Jesus -- Married with Children ???

Discussion in 'Debate Other Religions & Faiths' started by drstevej, Jul 27, 2018.

1. drstevej

drstevej Light Attracts Bugs Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+23,478
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Orson Hyde (original member of the LDS Quorum of The Twelve Apostles)
    March 18, 1855

“I discover that some of the Eastern papers represent me as a great blasphemer, because I said, in my lecture on Marriage, at our last Conference, that Jesus Christ was married at Cana of Galilee, that Mary, Martha, and others were his wives, and that he begat children” (Journal of Discourses 2:210).

This was presented at Conference... not a flippant remark.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+11,669
    Canada
    Freethinker
    Married
    I am not LDS but as a Christian I do not consider a married Jesus to be out of the question.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. drstevej

+23,478
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Cky J. Carrigan, Ph.D., "Did Jesus Christ Marry and Father Children? A Survey of Mormon Teachings on the Marital and Parental Status of the Son of God" (January 30, 2004)

http://www.emnr.org/papers/jesusmarry.htm

• List
  4. Jane_Doe

Jane_Doe Well-Known Member

+988
    Mormon
    Jesus being married isn't an LDS doctrinal statement either. The first post here is an example of not bothering to talk about actual LDS beliefs and instead dwell on speculation. I have no idea how such posts are supposed to bring people to Christ.

5. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,257
    Anabaptist
    Scripturally, Jesus was never married. Those other false religions that claim he was, also have a host/ a multitude of all false teachings with it, all opposed to Yahweh's Word, Yahweh's Plan of Salvation in Jesus, and
    not even worthy of discussion, to be honest - it is unbecoming the followers of Jesus to even consider or to talk about such things.

6. Jane_Doe

+988
    Mormon
    Again, this first post here isn't an LDS doctrinal position.

And yes, I do love Jesus Christ, my Savor and King, to whom I gave my heart many years ago. I strive every day to follow Him and rejoice every step in His grace :).

7. Anto9us

Anto9us Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,857
    United States
    Methodist
    Private
    US-Others
    Jhn 2:1
    On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there,

Jhn 2:2
    and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.

Was not Jesus' own wedding -- He was INVITED to it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,135
    Mormon
    Single
    Steve -

Have fun trying to find an actual, modern-day work that directly affirms what these people said.

9. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Sinner Supporter

+3,680
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    For clarification, does the LDS teach that Jesus was not married nor have children? I mean no disrespect, just trying to make sure I understand the LDS position correctly.

10. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+11,669
    Canada
    Freethinker
    Married
    Scripturally there is no comment whatsoever about a possible marriage of Jesus one way or another.

11. “Paisios”

+3,680
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I am not questioning that...just trying to clarify LDS position on Jesus’ marital status...

12. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,257
    Anabaptist
    Since the Mormon religion and Mormon beliefs are considered unbiblical,
    your testimony and faith is still needing to be tested and verified according to Scripture, some day, somehow, as Yahweh lays it out before us.

13. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,257
    Anabaptist
    Actually there is much in Scripture showing it is impossible. But not for this thread, this section, etc...... possibly due to the great unbelief present .... maybe for other reasons.... to be seen if Yahweh permits.....

14. Jane_Doe

+988
    Mormon
    There isn't any actual LDS doctrinal position saying that Christ was married.
    No worries, I'm happy to clarify. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Jane_Doe

+988
    Mormon
    I happily accept and celebrate every word of the Bible :)

16. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,257
    Anabaptist
    A lot of , even multitudes of so-called 'Christians' say this also, and fail.

Most no one of any other religion says this, ever, so again, it will be tested to be proven or not , later, as Yahweh permits.

17. “Paisios”

+3,680
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I understand that you are convinced that your interpretation of G-d’s holy Word in the Torah is infallible. I hope that your are correct, for your sake, but I also pray that God Almighty might have mercy on us who truly seek Him, but might be misled in our search.

18. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,257
    Anabaptist
    You / I/ No one ought to have an infallible interpretation ourselves, as
    Yahweh says you/ I / no one ought to have any interpretation ourselves
    -
    to do so, to have any interpretation yourself/ myself/ theirselves/ is disobedient and sinful and misleading and wrong and disastrous and destructive to trusting the Father in heaven and indicates NOT relying on Him and NOT leaning on His Understanding (He says not to lean on our own understanding at all) .....

To be correct, trust and rely on the Father, by faith in Jesus, abiding in Him daily and continually, holding fast to His Name no matter how strong the storms or how strong the evil is around you/ us.

Jesus says "My sheep know My Voice and follow Me" (and no one else)
    He does not mislead His sheep. No, not ever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+6,914
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Why is your religion not backwards compatible?

20. drstevej

+23,478
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    So these early leaders were all heretics?