LDS LDS Jesus Could Have Lost His Godhood

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No thank you. That you think you know lucifer's plan is disturbing. Is that your speculation or were you taught in your church?

And that is the deception you are taught - God never taught such a thing.
Then why does he want us to be as perfect as he is? And why does he want us to be as holy as he is? And why does he want us to overcome the world like he did?

It is so we can sit with him in his throne. Perfect, holy, having overcome the world and sitting on a throne. What does that sound like to you?

• Agree
Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
We receive graced first, then we can keep the commandments out of love for receiving that grace. It is no surprise that everyday we must ask God for the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives so that we can continue to be in the presence of God and keep His commandments. His Holy Spirit is not a one time shot--Even Jesus prayed every day, so must we. I do not believe in OSAS. It is a daily surrendering to the will of God, just as Jesus did. But the grace He offered is free and came first. We love Him because He first loved us. Paul did not say differently. He practiced daily surrender.
I believe we have the same kinds of ideas, and I am glad you are no deceived by the OSAS doctrine. Keep, keeping on and we will see each other in heaven.

How are you feeling these days anyway?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hebrews 7
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Hebrews 10
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Christian More of Jesus.jpg

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I believe we have the same kinds of ideas, and I am glad you are no deceived by the OSAS doctrine. Keep, keeping on and we will see each other in heaven.

How are you feeling these days anyway?

What is the OSAS doctrine?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Once Saved, always saved. That you can not loose your salvation of your own free will.

I want to have Peter1000 tell me how he understands it. He recently told you that "Phoebe Ann is OSAS."

I looked it up. "Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) is increasingly recognized in the pediatric population."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I want to have Peter1000 tell me how he understands it. He recently told you that "Phoebe Ann is OSAS."

I looked it up. "Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) is increasingly recognized in the pediatric population."

LOL!! Sorry to jump in! Peter and I have had previous discussions about it, is all. I thought you really did not know!! I don't remember him saying you believed it. And BTW---I have that and I have to use a CPAP machine in order to sleep!!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I'm sorry about the sleep apnea.

Hubby and I had his and hers machines---You feel like a space alien when you're first learning to use it. But I now can't sleep without it, first thing I will be glad to get rid of when Jesus returns---actually, 2nd, wheel chair is first!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hubby and I had his and hers machines---You feel like a space alien when you're first learning to use it. But I now can't sleep without it, first thing I will be glad to get rid of when Jesus returns---actually, 2nd, wheel chair is first!

Oh, I expect our resurrected bodies will be glorious! Old age is a struggle at times.Granny.jpg

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why does he want us to be as perfect as he is? And why does he want us to be as holy as he is? And why does he want us to overcome the world like he did?

It is so we can sit with him in his throne. Perfect, holy, having overcome the world and sitting on a throne. What does that sound like to you?
Where the lds lose sight of reality is believing that you will become some kind of exalted being with divine powers. God will share his glory ("be like him"), but not his divinity. You, nor anyone else, will ever grow into divinity and become a god. You will not share his throne, you will be subject to it. God is God, and we are not, nor ever will be.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Where the lds lose sight of reality is believing that you will become some kind of exalted being with divine powers. God will share his glory ("be like him"), but not his divinity. You, nor anyone else, will ever grow into divinity and become a god. You will not share his throne, you will be subject to it. God is God, and we are not, nor ever will be.
(New Testament | Revelation 3:21)

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

(New Testament | 2 Peter 1:4)

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

(New Testament | John 10:34 - 35)

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(New Testament | Revelation 3:21)

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

(New Testament | 2 Peter 1:4)

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

(New Testament | John 10:34 - 35)

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Again, none of these passages that you keep repeating say, in context, that we will achieve divinity through an exaltation process. Humans will not become a god!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Again, none of these passages that you keep repeating say, in context, that we will achieve divinity through an exaltation process. Humans will not become a god!
What do you have in defense to what you said? Are there any scriptures that state we can not become equal with God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What do you have in defense to what you said? Are there any scriptures that state we can not become equal with God?

Isa_43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Anyone who thinks they will be a god will end up keeping Satan company.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Isa_43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Anyone who thinks they will be a god will end up keeping Satan company.
The scripture is true because we have always existed. We also know that God the Father exists as well as God the Son exists. They have always existed:

(New Testament | John 1:1 - 2)

1 IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The scripture is true because we have always existed. We also know that God the Father exists as well as God the Son exists. They have always existed:

(New Testament | John 1:1 - 2)

1 IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

No man is eternal---not even angels are eternal.
1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

You have never existed before being born and are not immortal---only the real God is. You belief is a lie from Satan. He too, wanted to be God. Never happen.

These verses must give you guys nightmares.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No man is eternal---not even angels are eternal.
1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

You have never existed before being born and are not immortal---only the real God is. You belief is a lie from Satan. He too, wanted to be God. Never happen.

These verses must give you guys nightmares.
Are you sure you want to disregard these scriptures:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:54)

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

(New Testament | Romans 2:7)

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

(New Testament | 1 Thessalonians 4:17)

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(New Testament | 1 Thessalonians 5:10)

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

(New Testament | 1 Timothy 1:16)

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

(New Testament | 2 Timothy 1:10)

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Are you sure you want to disregard these scriptures:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 15:54)

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

(New Testament | Romans 2:7)

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

(New Testament | 1 Thessalonians 4:17)

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(New Testament | 1 Thessalonians 5:10)

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

(New Testament | 1 Timothy 1:16)

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

(New Testament | 2 Timothy 1:10)

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Nobody is ignoring them! We are given the gift of immortality---it is a gift from God for the saved. It is not a right of birth.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

There is not one verse that states we existed before being born---and do not confuse God knowing who we are and will be with having existed. He knows what will happen when person A gets with person B and what the resulting person C will be like. That in no way implies we existed before being born. Immorality, as the scriptures point out, is given to the saved. But you guys truly do ignore the scriptures that clearly say ONLY God is immortal, and that also clearly state there was no God before Him nor will there be any God after Him. Which totally gets rid of this idea that God had a Father or that anyone else can become God. There is God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and they are One God and there will never be another! ONE GOD---NONE BEFORE AND NONE AFTER.
No one can become God. You can sit on His throne, You can put on His robes, You can even put on His crown---nothing will make you God. You can go to the UK and sit on the throne of England, put on her robe and put on her crown---you will not be the Queen of England. Simple. Sitting in the garage will not make me a car, wearing my dogs collar will not make me a dog, putting on your mother's high heels and dress will not turn you into your mother---even if they fit!

Upvote 0