Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We will see when you pass away. I believe you are going to be pleasantly surprised at your surrounding, and I hope I would be there to share in your joy. But there will be a little confusion, because you will find that the second coming has not yet arrived, but yet you are awake and alive and feeling great.

That will be interesting, for you will know that there is space between death and the resurrection, and that space is the spirit world. And you will get to know all that goes on in the spirit world, and you will be amazed. I will let you think of all the ramifications that present themselves with this knowledge. See you there.

So will you. And that may not be so pleasant, it may not be anywhere near what you think it will be. There is only One Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and you do not worship them. JS does not have truth, I do hope you find it out before it is too late.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No, it is not mostly Strong's. I use many different translations and for the OT I do prefer the transliteration from Hebrew. And you're right, I do not believe that your position is biblically strong at all.

And I know there will be no spirit world when I die---been there, done that---twice. We will be resurrected from the dead when Jesus comes back the 2nd time. We get our reward then---that is what He says. He brings it with Him---eternal life. We are adopted into eternal life when we accept the sacrifice of Jesus, but we do not obtain it physically until He comes and we are given glorified bodies. I tell everyone tp look for me in one of 2 places, first---at the East Gate. No particular reason for that gate, just tell everyone that one so everyone knows where I will be. If they can't find me there---look for the biggest bear, tiger, Lion and wolf---I will be in the middle of them, rolling on the ground with them.

But the problem is this: You do not believe in the God of the Bible, nor His Son nor Holy Spirit. As such, you have not accepted His sacrifice and only His sacrificial blood can cleanse. When you do not worship the true God of the bible then you are worshiping a false God and are breaking the commandments. Only the true Son of God can cover your sins with His blood. And He is not one of the Fathers Sons---the Only one and He is the creator, and He did create everything, and from nothing and has no grandfather or mother. JS can not save you. There is no 2nd chance---you have to get it right the first time!
I don't believe in the rapture as you describe it. I got mixed up with Jim Jones and Heaven's Gate. The people from Heaven's Gate also committed suicide believing they could catch a comet to heaven. Going up to met Jesus is not the same as going to heaven.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe in the rapture as you describe it. I got mixed up with Jim Jones and Heaven's Gate. The people from Heaven's Gate also committed suicide believing they could catch a comet to heaven. Going up to met Jesus is not the same as going to heaven.

Don't know what Heaven's Gate has to do with any of this either. So, you think we go up to meet Him in the clouds, only to come down to this burned up earth?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Don't know what Heaven's Gate has to do with any of this either. So, you think we go up to meet Him in the clouds, only to come down to this burned up earth?
I do not believe that all of the earth will be burned.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You gave an answer, but it wasn't one that addressed my question. Hence, a dodge.
We endure to the end, whatever God gives us to endure, we endure it. I already said we are to endure to the end.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We endure to the end, whatever God gives us to endure, we endure it. I already said we are to endure to the end.
"Enduring to the end" and "after all you can do" are vague concepts that you cannot quantify for salvation. How do you know if you'll ever get there?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I do not believe that all of the earth will be burned.

Of course you don't---You do not believe what the bible clearly says because JS has some other foolish notion that you do believe.

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
"Enduring to the end" and "after all you can do" are vague concepts that you cannot quantify for salvation. How do you know if you'll ever get there?
We don't know and that is why we keep doing our best to keep the commandments of LOVE and obey God's will. Teachers do not grade a test until the test paper is turned in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Teachers do not grade a test until the test paper is turned in.

Don't you mean that after the test is turned in, spirit missionaries come to teach the student those things which he needed to know to pass the test?

You know...the one he just turned in? :confused:

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't know and that is why we keep doing our best to keep the commandments of LOVE and obey God's will. Teachers do not grade a test until the test paper is turned in.
How sad. Fortunately, my teacher assures me that I will pass the test and grades don't matter. You should switch teachers. It's not too late.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Fortunately, my teacher assures me that I will pass the test and grades don't matter.

...And you just killed the metaphor.

You see, the kinds of academic institutions where that stuff happens tend to be diploma mills, unaccredited facilities where you pay your money, do a token amount of work, get your degree, and spend the rest of your life praying that nobody finds out what you just did.

As such, one can very easily spin your attempt at logic to be an argument in support of simony and indulgences.

And that's before I go into the various professional anti-Mormon authors who got busted with diploma mill degrees...

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You say this about every 3rd post. It is very condescending for you to think that you know everything about what the bible says, and we don't know anything about what it says. Please.

That's a typical disagreement between Christians and Mormons. Do you think Mormons aren't condescending?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You keep focusing on the hopelessness of keeping all the commandments, and you will end up keeping none of them and will find yourself out. Remember, repentance is a part of the gospel too.

Mormons don't worship the true God and therefore can't keep His commandments. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You see, the kinds of academic institutions where that stuff happens tend to be diploma mills, unaccredited facilities where you pay your money, do a token amount of work, get your degree, and spend the rest of your life praying that nobody finds out what you just did.

As such, one can very easily spin your attempt at logic to be an argument in support of simony and indulgences.

And that's before I go into the various professional anti-Mormon authors who got busted with diploma mill degrees...
Do you ever get dizzy with all that spinning you do?

My teacher, Jesus, tells me through Scripture that I have eternal life ("pass the test") before I even turn in the test (die) to be graded (evaluation of my works [answers to test] on earth).

It's unfortunate that the lds gods cannot provide such assurances to their worshipers.

You and your "diploma mills" and your "anti-Mormon authors" are not really related to the topic.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Don't you mean that after the test is turned in, spirit missionaries come to teach the student those things which he needed to know to pass the test?

You know...the one he just turned in? :confused:
Although we have the gospel, not everyone gets the training on earth:

(New Testament | 1 Peter 4:5 - 6)

5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
How sad. Fortunately, my teacher assures me that I will pass the test and grades don't matter. You should switch teachers. It's not too late.
I won't switch to my teacher to Satan. His plan won't work.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Do you ever get dizzy with all that spinning you do?

My teacher, Jesus, tells me through Scripture that I have eternal life ("pass the test") before I even turn in the test (die) to be graded (evaluation of my works [answers to test] on earth).

It's unfortunate that the lds gods cannot provide such assurances to their worshipers.

You and your "diploma mills" and your "anti-Mormon authors" are not really related to the topic.
Anyone can get their doctorate degree from a fake university. Jesus said a person needs to keep the commandments to have eternal life.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

...are you sure it was BigDaddy4 who just killed the metaphor? What the heck does any of this have to do with anything? "Look, it can apply to other things!" Yeah, and? What's your point?

Everyone who goes to or teaches at BYU for a degree in a field relevant to all the sciences that Mormon apologetics attempt to pervert might as well have gone to clown college, so I don't know what business it is of any Mormon to pretend as though they can bust anyone on their degrees or lack thereof. LDS 'Egyptologists' and the like are all pathetic intellectual lackies of the Mormon Cult-corporation, as basically all disinterested (non-apologist) Egyptologists, archaeologists, linguists, etc. recognize.

Your community definitely does not have any high ground from which to look down on anyone else in matters of academic rigor.

This sort of thing is seriously shameful, and that is indeed without bringing up whatever is lacking about "various professional anti-Mormon authors" (geez Louise...such drama, this 'anti-Mormon' epiphet!), since that's ultimately unrelated to the fact that your own apologists don't know what they're talking about.

Upvote 0