Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will call you out when you falsify. I am not a Mormon yet you write, "You are by the way, trying to establish legitimacy for you false prophet", which is calling me a Mormon. Don't quibble and don't suggest such things.

Seems like someone has their own reality going on---and it certainly is NOT me.

Let's break this down

I am not a Mormon yet you write, "You are by the way, trying to establish legitimacy for you false prophet", which is calling me a Mormon. ----JohnAshton

I am not a Mormon
I KNOW you are NOT a Mormon--your profile says as much---so there is one fasification.
Which is calling me a Mormon----- where did I call you one?
The response was to He is the way
Two, count them--two falsifications.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Seems like someone has their own reality going on---and it certainly is NOT me.

Let's break this down

I am not a Mormon yet you write, "You are by the way, trying to establish legitimacy for you false prophet", which is calling me a Mormon. ----JohnAshton

I am not a Mormon
I KNOW you are NOT a Mormon--your profile says as much---so there is one fasification.
Which is calling me a Mormon----- where did I call you one?
The response was to He is the way
Two, count them--two falsifications.

You are being stubborn, my friend. Thank you for 'fessing up that I am not a Mormon. Never refer to JSJr. as my false prophet. He is not my prophet. Stop falsifying and we are fine.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And you think this is about Joseph Smith in any way shape or form?

You are by the way, trying to establish legitimacy for you false prophet which is here, as well as many other places:

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Yes, there are false prophets, but Joseph Smith was not one of them. Saying that Joseph Smith is a false prophet does not make it so.

• Prayers
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys, the "Debate Other Religions & Faiths" subforum is really for Christians to debate with non-Christians, not to debate with each other.

I only bring this up because I've had some of my own threads locked here after two Christians couldn't stop arguing with each other, even though the point of the thread was ask Mormons about things. That's not a good way for things to go.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So in answering the subject of this thread "LDS: Going about to Establish Their Own Righteousness." It is God who has established what is righteous and what is not righteous. There are many many examples of this in the Bible:

(Old Testament | Job 1:1)

1 THERE was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

(Old Testament | Genesis 26:5)

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

(New Testament | Luke 10:33 - 37)

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

(New Testament | 1 Timothy 4:12)

12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

There are too many examples to list here.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
People can't make themselves righteous. Only God can make a person righteous.

Romans 9
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
People can't make themselves righteous. Only God can make a person righteous.

Romans 9
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

(Old Testament | Exodus 20:6)

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 5:10)

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

(New Testament | John 14:21)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
(New Testament | John 14:24)

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

(Old Testament | Joshua 24:15)

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(Old Testament | Exodus 20:6)

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 5:10)

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

(New Testament | John 14:21)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
(New Testament | John 14:24)

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

(Old Testament | Joshua 24:15)

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

So, the title of the thread is right--- LDS:Going About to Establish Their Own Rightlessness.

And, in turn ignoring the verses Phoebe Ann posted from Roman 9:14-18

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So, the title of the thread is right--- LDS:Going About to Establish Their Own Rightlessness.

And, in turn ignoring the verses Phoebe Ann posted from Roman 9:14-18
We all have the agency God gave to us to choose good or evil:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We all have the agency God gave to us to choose good or evil:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

And again why would I need the Mormon Church to tell me what I already realize?

Do you think the Book of Ecclesiastes, in your example, is foreign to everybody but the Mormons?

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Do you think the Book of Ecclesiastes, in your example, is foreign to everybody but the Mormons?

You'd be surprised how Biblically illiterate people can be in the more mainstream denominations.

I've actually met people who tried to argue that actually reading the Bible wasn't even necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
And again why would I need the Mormon Church to tell me what I already realize?

I have found that there are a lot of scriptures that people have not read or do not understand, especially scriptures about LOVING Christ and keeping the commandments.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
"Other Christians don't read the Bible/don't know its contents; trust me, I know a guy who that fits" is coming across an awful lot like a Mormon version of "I can't be against ____; I have a lot of _____ friends!"

I get it. You think actual Christians are ignorant because you've met some who are, but you don't want to just come out and say so because as a religion (not on the individual level, but at the level of the body itself, as it struggles to be accepted by others as a means of proselytizing them; see, e.g., its vacillating on being called Mormon) you're a bunch of cowards who want your cult to be both Christian and better than Christianity, and you can't achieve that without talking out both sides of your mouths. That's understandable given the Mormon presuppositions about what happened to the Church and the Bible (i.e., the 'great apostasy' fable and the idea that "many plain and precious things" that once were in the scriptures have been lost), but I would put it a different way: If someone in a Christian church does not understand or has not read a particular part of scripture, it is still better that they remain in Christianity than to leave it for Mormonism, because the chances of the Christian church informing them of what they do not know and thereby giving them a firm foundation in their own worship of God is much more likely in Christianity even if participated in passively (e.g., going to church and listening to the Bible there, even if they don't read it themselves) than in Mormonism, where they will learn Mormonism's soul-compromising doctrines and warped interpretations of the Holy Bible (and various fantasy novels appended to it, as though it needs them) in lieu of the Christian faith.

Even a low-quality meal is better than being poisoned.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You'd be surprised how Biblically illiterate people can be in the more mainstream denominations.

I've actually met people who tried to argue that actually reading the Bible wasn't even necessary.

And I have been around Mormons who spend all their time with the other 3 supposed Mormon scriptures.

You point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have found that there are a lot of scriptures that people have not read or do not understand, especially scriptures about LOVING Christ and keeping the commandments.

This has to do with me, how?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
"Other Christians don't read the Bible/don't know its contents; trust me, I know a guy who that fits" is coming across an awful lot like a Mormon version of "I can't be against ____; I have a lot of _____ friends!"

I get it. You think actual Christians are ignorant because you've met some who are, but you don't want to just come out and say so because as a religion (not on the individual level, but at the level of the body itself, as it struggles to be accepted by others as a means of proselytizing them; see, e.g., its vacillating on being called Mormon) you're a bunch of cowards who want your cult to be both Christian and better than Christianity, and you can't achieve that without talking out both sides of your mouths. That's understandable given the Mormon presuppositions about what happened to the Church and the Bible (i.e., the 'great apostasy' fable and the idea that "many plain and precious things" that once were in the scriptures have been lost), but I would put it a different way: If someone in a Christian church does not understand or has not read a particular part of scripture, it is still better that they remain in Christianity than to leave it for Mormonism, because the chances of the Christian church informing them of what they do not know and thereby giving them a firm foundation in their own worship of God is much more likely in Christianity even if participated in passively (e.g., going to church and listening to the Bible there, even if they don't read it themselves) than in Mormonism, where they will learn Mormonism's soul-compromising doctrines and warped interpretations of the Holy Bible (and various fantasy novels appended to it, as though it needs them) in lieu of the Christian faith.

Even a low-quality meal is better than being poisoned.
We are not a bunch of cowards that speak form both sides of our mouth and there are NO soul compromising doctrines in The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. We teach LOVING Jesus Christ by keeping the commandments.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Mormons tend to be Biblically ignorant, as has been shown throughout these threads. Please show me in Acts 2, the day of Pentecost, what Bible was used by Peter to address the crowd?

• Winner
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Mormons tend to be Biblically ignorant, as has been shown throughout these threads. Please show me in Acts 2, the day of Pentecost, what Bible was used by Peter to address the crowd?
Disagreeing with you about the meaning of scriptures does not mean that someone is Biblically ignorant.

Upvote 0