Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm specifically talking about how we do things.
You sanction (counsel), disfellowship, and excommunicate, yes? Many of your members 'shun' malefactors on their own initiative.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Then pray tell, who is your prophet of God today in the Christian churches?

Hebrews 1:1-2
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
God does reveal His secrets to His servants, the prophets. So who are His prophets?

(Old Testament | Amos 3:7)

7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

The Christian Church has historically recognized that the Church came into its fullness with its 'baptism' on the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit -- Who is God -- came down upon the gathered assembly and enlightened them with all knowledge of the perfect faith (hence no restoration needed, ever, by anyone). We still sing praises concerning this event to this very day:

Obviously as Amos was written before the incarnation of Christ (and hence obviously also before the day of Pentecost), it makes sense that there would still be prophets at that time. And indeed the New Testament itself talks about prophets in the early Church, as prophecy is listed as one of the gifts God gave to some people at that time. There is no sense, however, in either the holy scriptures or the ancient prayers of the Church in any place that 'prophet' was to be treated as an office to be occupied in perpetuity. Of what is there to prophecy? Jesus Christ our God already told us that we will not know the hour of His return, and that's really the only we look forward to. "We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come."

Besides, realistically a non-Mormon or even a Mormon who is honest with themselves must wonder: What have your 'prophets' even prophesied? That eventually, someday (1978, as it turns out) your god would stop officially being a racist bigot against black people? That women be allowed to go on missionary work a year earlier? I don't even see the point if it is this kind of incredibly obvious and tone deaf stuff. You want people to take your prophets seriously, then let them prophecy about a cure for the coronavirus or something else that actually matters, and let it actually happen according to the instruction they claim to receive in some unique way (gnosticism!) from your god. That would prove them to have some kind of power and authority from God.

But they won't, because they're fake.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God does reveal His secrets to His servants, the prophets. So who are His prophets?

(Old Testament | Amos 3:7)

7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

That was written before Christ came and as Hebrews 1:1-2 says, God no longer needs prophets to reveal anything---especially these so-called "secretS" you suggest.

And the implications of your Mormon beliefs really lessens Christ and elevates Joseph Smith. You are essentially saying Christ failed and Joseph Smith succeeded finally in 1830 or whenever to establish the True Church.

Not the Christ I worship for the past 24+ years since I left your Church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not Mormon, but Joseph Smith, the Pope, Farwell, your pastor cannot lessen Christ, Jamesone5.

You misstate what the poster is saying and that is improper behavior.

You are right--- no one can lessen Christ.
But in false beliefs we can.

And the implications of your Mormon beliefs really lessens Christ---jamesone5

Pleas read exactly what I posted.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not Mormon, which is yet another example of your deliberate misrepresentation.

Stop it.

Stop it?

Now you are a self-proclaimed moderator?

Did not call YOU a Mormon.

The quote I added is what I said to He is the Way.

Please keep up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The Christian Church has historically recognized that the Church came into its fullness with its 'baptism' on the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit -- Who is God -- came down upon the gathered assembly and enlightened them with all knowledge of the perfect faith (hence no restoration needed, ever, by anyone). We still sing praises concerning this event to this very day:

Obviously as Amos was written before the incarnation of Christ (and hence obviously also before the day of Pentecost), it makes sense that there would still be prophets at that time. And indeed the New Testament itself talks about prophets in the early Church, as prophecy is listed as one of the gifts God gave to some people at that time. There is no sense, however, in either the holy scriptures or the ancient prayers of the Church in any place that 'prophet' was to be treated as an office to be occupied in perpetuity. Of what is there to prophecy? Jesus Christ our God already told us that we will not know the hour of His return, and that's really the only we look forward to. "We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come."

Besides, realistically a non-Mormon or even a Mormon who is honest with themselves must wonder: What have your 'prophets' even prophesied? That eventually, someday (1978, as it turns out) your god would stop officially being a racist bigot against black people? That women be allowed to go on missionary work a year earlier? I don't even see the point if it is this kind of incredibly obvious and tone deaf stuff. You want people to take your prophets seriously, then let them prophecy about a cure for the coronavirus or something else that actually matters, and let it actually happen according to the instruction they claim to receive in some unique way (gnosticism!) from your god. That would prove them to have some kind of power and authority from God.

But they won't, because they're fake.
You said: "What have your 'prophets' even prophesied?"

List of prophecies of Joseph Smith - Wikipedia

Each of the prophets have revealed things to the members. Our current prophet is doing this too:

Nelson and the ‘R’ word: Why this Mormon prophet speaks more openly about revelations from God than his predecessors did

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That was written before Christ came and as Hebrews 1:1-2 says, God no longer needs prophets to reveal anything---especially these so-called "secretS" you suggest.

And the implications of your Mormon beliefs really lessens Christ and elevates Joseph Smith. You are essentially saying Christ failed and Joseph Smith succeeded finally in 1830 or whenever to establish the True Church.

Not the Christ I worship for the past 24+ years since I left your Church.
Our prophets teach of Christ and His LOVE of mankind that all may be saved through God's plan of salvation. There will be more prophets according to the Bible:

(New Testament | Revelation 11:9 - 12)

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our prophets teach of Christ and His LOVE of mankind that all may be saved through God's plan of salvation. There will be more prophets according to the Bible:

(New Testament | Revelation 11:9 - 12)

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
And you think this is about Joseph Smith in any way shape or form?

You are by the way, trying to establish legitimacy for you false prophet which is here, as well as many other places:

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Stop it?

Now you are a self-proclaimed moderator?

Did not call YOU a Mormon.

The quote I added is what I said to He is the Way.

Please keep up.
I will call you out when you falsify. I am not a Mormon yet you write, "You are by the way, trying to establish legitimacy for you false prophet", which is calling me a Mormon. Don't quibble and don't suggest such things.

Last edited:
Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will call you when you falsify. I am not a Mormon yet you write, "You are by the way, trying to establish legitimacy for you false prophet", which is calling me a Mormon. Don't quibble and don't suggest such things.

See the way these debates work---you post a reply to someone and their name and what they say appears in your reply. Others can and will enter into the conversation.

He is the way is him as a Mormon and JohnAshton is you as a stated Anglican.

Seems as the quibbling is all You.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
JohnAshton said:
I will call you out when you falsify. I am not a Mormon yet you write, "You are by the way, trying to establish legitimacy for you false prophet", which is calling me a Mormon. Don't quibble and don't suggest such things.

See the way these debates work---you post a reply to someone and their name and what they say appears in your reply. Others can and will enter into the conversation.

He is the way is him as a Mormon and JohnAshton is you as a stated Anglican.

Seems as the quibbling is all You.

Stop your quibbling now, JamesOne5. When you falsify, I will call you out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0