✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Matthew 6
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
How do we do this?
What are the treasures in heaven?
I want that stone with the name no one else can learn. I'd go around asking guys like Paul and Peter, go ahead and try to pronounce it, you can't can you, huh huh? I can just imagine the angels standing around shacking their heads, asking what's with the new guy?

• Haha
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I want that stone with the name no one else can learn. I'd go around asking guys like Paul and Peter, go ahead and try to pronounce it, you can't can you, huh huh? I can just imagine the angels standing around shacking their heads, asking what's with the new guy?
Do you mean our new name written down in glory?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you mean our new name written down in glory?
Obviously I'm kidding but it was a reference to this passage:

Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it. (Rev. 2:17)
There's also mention elsewhere of a song no one else could sing, I think it would be fun to say, come on join the chorus! Then watch the dumbfounded looks on their faces. Trust me I'm kidding, but secretly think it would be kind of fun. I'm sure it's not like that, everyone has something unique that no one else can know. They would just come back and say how about that, huh huh, as I stood their dumbfounded and smiling.

It's just meant to be some light hearted humor. Guess we will know when we get there, whatever it looks like we will sing the same song when it comes to the one who loved us and gave himself for us. All kidding aside. I think it starts, Worthy is the Lamb...

Grace and peace,
Mark

• Friendly
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Obviously I'm kidding but it was a reference to this passage:

Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it. (Rev. 2:17)
There's also mention elsewhere of a song no one else could sing, I think it would be fun to say, come on join the chorus! Then watch the dumbfounded looks on their faces. Trust me I'm kidding, but secretly think it would be kind of fun. I'm sure it's not like that, everyone has something unique that no one else can know. They would just come back and say how about that, huh huh, as I stood their dumbfounded and smiling.

It's just meant to be some light hearted humor. Guess we will know when we get there, whatever it looks like we will sing the same song when it comes to the one who loved us and gave himself for us. All kidding aside. I think it starts, Worthy is the Lamb...

Grace and peace,
Mark
Appreciate your humour Mark. God bless!

Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Appreciate your humour Mark. God bless!
You do know that in final judgment if something is left, there is a reward right? It might not be much but that stone sounds really good to me. The true joy is in seeing him as he is, and finally being like him forever. I still think I wouldn't be above teasing Peter and Paul with my stone with a new name if I got the chance though. But I'm sure they could come back with something that I couldn't know as well.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You do know that in final judgment if something is left, there is a reward right? It might not be much but that stone sounds really good to me. The true joy is in seeing him as he is, and finally being like him forever. I still think I wouldn't be above teasing Peter and Paul with my stone with a new name if I got the chance though. But I'm sure they could come back with something that I couldn't know as well.

Grace and peace,
Mark
Thankyou. 'Grace and peace',Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When we live sacrificially for Jesus’ sake or serve Him by serving the body of Christ, we store up treasure in heaven.

Even seemingly small acts of service do not go unnoticed by God.

If anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward Matthew 10:42

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.