✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 6
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
How do we do this?
What are the treasures in heaven?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do we do this?

By costly service, that is service that costs us our reputation, our friends, career, our comfort etc

The ultimate treasuer is to hear, " Well done good and faithfull servant."

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
By doing this (I guess), "Give and it'll be given to you..(Luke 6:38)". The giving is not just money, but also time, talents, and ourselves to bless others (Philippians 2:4). The "treasures in heaven" could be material (Revelation 21:18-20) or rewards that the Lord will bestow upon us (2 Corinthians 5:10). Peace in Christ:).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,040.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How do we do this?

It's quite simple really. Instead of using our time and resources to do worldly things or give ourselves comfortable lives here on Earth, we use our time and resources to help our brothers and sisters in need, and to "win friends" for Christ.

Reference verses:
1 John 2:15-17
1 John 3:17-18
Luke 16:9
Jude Chapter 1

It would be impossible to say to Jesus in the judgement stand you do not love the things of this world, that your heart and treasure is not in the world and yet, you possess more than what you need, you take pleasure in them and you observe and celebrate worldly things that the unbelievers also do.

I'm not saying these to judge but a genuine indwelling of the Holy Spirit will bring a profound change in the heart so that it no longer follows the desires of the flesh but the desires of the Spirit. I'm saying this as a caution or a warning that if the heart still craves for worldly things, our beliefs is in dire need of checking and might be following false teachings which is quite rampant today.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
matthew-13-vs-44-46.jpg

The Parable of the Pearl of Great Price
45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls,

46 who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The "treasures in heaven" could be material (Revelation 21:18-20) or rewards that the Lord will bestow upon us (2 Corinthians 5:10). Peace in Christ:).

I was wondering about this, and putting it together with the pearl of great price as above, knowing that the Lord Jesus is our treasure.

A new Christian asked 'what is the treasure in heaven? will it be a home or mansion'?
it made me think...:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'No man can serve two masters,for either he will hate the one and love the other or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon' (Matthew 6:24)

Upvote 0