fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Lawsuit: Prison Guards Retaliated Against Inmates Denied Health Care

In advance of the July 14 hearing, lawyers compiled a report detailing “2,127 separate incidents” from June 14 and July 11, in which the Department of Corrections allegedly failed its own medical standards. Among these alleged incidents were more than 1,100 cases in which inmates either did not receive their medications on time, or did not receive their medications at all. The report also detailed hundreds of cases in which medical reports went ignored for days or weeks.

well this is going as well as can be expected

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I heard of stories of a friend building a prison as an electrician and he said illegal immigrants would do petty crimes to get their teeth fixed while staying in prison, and also get other surgeries or what not done. then they would get out and go for a year or two, then do it again.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I heard of stories of a friend building a prison as an electrician and he said illegal immigrants would do petty crimes to get their teeth fixed while staying in prison, and also get other surgeries or what not done. then they would get out and go for a year or two, then do it again.

what do any of your unsubstantiated posts have to do with what's going on in arizona's prisons?

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

They must have had really bad teeth and or internal organs to require return visits.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
what if inmates want to have sex reassignment, should it be covered? That is a question I often wonder.
Some states cover it. But this prison was being very in humane. And allowing inmate to wait in 107 degree plus whether. To get therapy or much need medicine. It never mentioned sex reassignment.
The inmate, 48-year-old Marcia Powell, was locked in an outdoor enclosure for at least four hours on a 107-degree day, purportedly while awaiting psychiatric help. She developed first- and second-degree burns before dying of heat exposure, an autopsy found.

Upvote 0