Chisinau
✟7,740.00
Country
Moldova, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where I live in Moldova the current Covid laws are reasonably soft for churches in comparison to many other countries. The laws include the wearing of masks, social distancing and no food and drink inside the church. Churches have been allowed to meet through most of the pandemic here. However I have noticed each Sunday that there is a gradual sliding of the rules. Where 3/4 of the church used to wear masks they are now in a minority. Communion used to be done remotely in groups away from the church and with online participation but now is being done in the church and social distancing in many cases is being ignored. We are currently in another surge here with only about 30% of the population vaccinated and the health system is under huge pressure. My wife is a lawyer and until recently was also a government public servant here and often provides legal support to the church however she also respects the law and is expected to do so. As her husband I also support her. We are increasingly finding it very difficult going to the church that is fragrantly breaking the law. We do not wish to judge, want to forgive and we don't want to break the law which seems reasonable considering the situation in the country.

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It sounds somewhat similar to the decades of 55mph speed limits in the US. They were originally intended to reduce US gasoline consumption after the Arab embargo of oil in 1973.

Thirty years later they were serving no real purpose and most people ignored the law. However, some did observe it.

Eventually the laws started to change. This raised some interesting questions of legal theory. In a democracy where everyone drives faster than 55 does this constitute a "common law" that supersedes the law on the books?

My suggestion is to observe the written law if that is your belief and do not be concerned about others.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like a question for your church. In my State, there are currently no rules that apply to churches, but our church requires masks except briefly during communion. Everyone complies. I would expect that your church could easily make that happen.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Where I live in Moldova the current Covid laws are reasonably soft for churches in comparison to many other countries. The laws include the wearing of masks, social distancing and no food and drink inside the church. Churches have been allowed to meet through most of the pandemic here. However I have noticed each Sunday that there is a gradual sliding of the rules. Where 3/4 of the church used to wear masks they are now in a minority. Communion used to be done remotely in groups away from the church and with online participation but now is being done in the church and social distancing in many cases is being ignored. We are currently in another surge here with only about 30% of the population vaccinated and the health system is under huge pressure. My wife is a lawyer and until recently was also a government public servant here and often provides legal support to the church however she also respects the law and is expected to do so. As her husband I also support her. We are increasingly finding it very difficult going to the church that is fragrantly breaking the law. We do not wish to judge, want to forgive and we don't want to break the law which seems reasonable considering the situation in the country.
Have you checked to see if the law applies to churches? Often religious institutions are exempt if there is a spiritual reason for doing so.

• Informative
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Where I live in Moldova the current Covid laws are reasonably soft for churches in comparison to many other countries. The laws include the wearing of masks, social distancing and no food and drink inside the church. Churches have been allowed to meet through most of the pandemic here. However I have noticed each Sunday that there is a gradual sliding of the rules. Where 3/4 of the church used to wear masks they are now in a minority. Communion used to be done remotely in groups away from the church and with online participation but now is being done in the church and social distancing in many cases is being ignored. We are currently in another surge here with only about 30% of the population vaccinated and the health system is under huge pressure.

Covid mandates are just safety theater. Masks and social distancing have really little-to-no basis in any supporting hard research data. I think people around the world are realizing this and are just ignoring the fear-mongering the masks and distancing are intended to foster. The vast majority of people under 60 without pre-existing health conditions are virtually immune to a serious infection of the Wuhan virus. Statistically, these people have a 99.5% recovery rate from the virus. Taking this into account along with the essential uselessness of masking and distancing and the motivation for observing the mandates is understandably low.

Infection rates are not what is important. What is important is how many people are infected relative to how many die. If we were given the facts on this relationship regularly from the popular media, the whole Wuhan virus hysteria would be over. The overwhelming majority of reasonably healthy people under 60 recover easily from the virus and many infected never know that they've even be infected (upwards of 50%). But the way the media reports on the virus, you'd think it was the Black Plague. You get infected, you'll probably die. That's the message. And it's a horrible, fear-generating distortion of the truth.

Hospital surges happen because the medical establishment generally refuses to enact well-proven and effective treatment protocols. See the FLCCC Alliance website.

Home - FLCCC | Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance

Ask yourself why, when the data is enormous and incontrovertible in regards to the efficacy of these protocols, the political and medical establishments are working so hard to deny that they are. The Wuhan virus mandates and vaccines are not about Public Health.

www.pandata.org
Articles ⋆ Brownstone Institute

So, I have a lot of sympathy for your fellow church members. Should they be flaunting the government's rules? Depends on why, I think. Some may have well-reasoned, principled objections to the government over-reach the mandates represent.

Upvote 0