Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Rom 8:2

Anyone want to comment on the "law of the Spirit ..." portion? Not disturbed about it being the law though. Thanks.
"Law" in this instance means principle. The Spirit gives life, the flesh profits nothing. Too many Christians try and make the self conform to godly rules and regulations. It is the recipe for failure as Paul found out. (Romans 7.)

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it is like how there are laws of nature. These laws are not written, but they are how things work.

Like this, if the Holy Spirit is effecting us, this is always guaranteed to work a certain way. There is only one way the Holy Spirit can effect our character > so we become free from how sin and death would effect us. And so we become alive in God's own love, more and more as we grow in this.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
The law of the Spirit of life in Christ goes much deeper than the Ten Commandments, the law of sin and death. The 10C was to guard us until Christ came with His New Covenant. Jesus preached on what would be in his New Covenant in Matthew 5 and 6. But those would be even harder to not let hate or lust into your heart. That is why when we recognize our carnal nature is weak and repent, Jesus gives us His gift of His Spirit of Christ, without which no one belongs to Christ. Romans 8:9. Read Romans 8:1-9. This is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. It empowers us to bear the fruit of the Spirit which will fulfill and more every one of the Ten Commandments. This is also when our carnal nature is born again of the Spirit and we become partakers of the divine nature.

2 Peter 1:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

This is the Covenant of Grace, but not as what the dead church age of Sardis thinks of grace. True Grace is the power of God given as a free gift of favor to those who repent, to make us no longer sinners, but children of God. Beware of the false doctrines that believe grace is just a cover up and God just sees the blood of Jesus covering us as we commit filth underneath. Jude 1:4 warns us of those who turn the grace of God into licentiousness. Beware of this false doctrine out of the Reformation before it was reformed by Jacob Arminius and John Wesley who withstood the doctrine of Calvinism.

The Dead Church
3 “And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,

‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. (That would be the warped doctrine of grace of Luther and Calvin) 2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. 4 You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. (Two names come to mind that tried to reform Calvinism: Jacob Arminius and John Wesley who brought back holiness)5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

6 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’

John 8:34-36
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. (a child of God) 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

The dead doctrine thinks Jesus us freed us from the law TO sin, and not the truth of freedom FROM sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0