• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Law of sin and death?

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Dave-W, May 6, 2019.

1. 1stcenturylady

1stcenturylady Spirit-filled follower of Christ Supporter

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Do you believe Gentiles have to become Jews to be Christians? Go read #330.

2. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,884
    Christian
    Private
    Jesus died for us.

3. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,609
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    If you have been around this forum for any length of time you will know that your application of that passage is very lacking.

It is talking about one thing ONLY: the overall equality of all believers. IT is NOT saying there are no male or female (otherwise same sex marriage would not be an issue at all) but if you take no male or female the same way you are trying to present no jew or gentile, that is what you get. Either both are right or both are wrong. It cannot be one this way and the other that way. Not in the same sentence.

4. pinacled

pinacled walking with the Shekinah

+1,004
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Then pause and consider with respect That ole sh'aul stated that the Torah(law is holy and a reconciled gift.

With Truth in spirit consider your words carefully.

The false prophets teach children to trample generosity.

Do you recall the number of stars in the Lords hand?

5. Dave-W

+16,609
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Absolutely not. It would be a confusion of callings before God.

That was what the council of Acts 15 settled. What the issue became a century later was if Jews had to become gentiles in order to be Messianic (Christians). Again the answer is NO.

6. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,884
    Christian
    Private
    Did Jesus set us free from the law of sin and death by dying in our place?

7. 1stcenturylady

1stcenturylady Spirit-filled follower of Christ Supporter

+4,163
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Both were missing the point. Both had to be born again of the Spirit to be saved.

8. LoveofTruth

LoveofTruth Christ builds His church from within us

+1,617
    Christian
    I didn’t say anything I just quoted it you seem to be trying to change it or explain it away

9. Dave-W

+16,609
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    You just quoted it to "prove" there is no Jew or Gentile in the New Covenant community. I was making the point and you quoted this to refute it.

10. LoveofTruth

+1,617
    Christian
    Hebrews 7:19. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.”

Only this way now

Hebrews 13:20. Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,21. Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”

But some still try this way,

Galatians 3:2. This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?”

11. LoveofTruth

+1,617
    Christian
    I never said New Testament community nor did the scripture I quoted that’s what you tried to say it says no Jew or Gentile “in Christ’ that’s different

12. pinacled

+1,004
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Yes, adamah is a jew.
    A living soul given a promised hope and light of Yeshua to come.

13. Dave-W

+16,609
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    New testament community = body of Christ. Same thing.

14. LoveofTruth

+1,617
    Christian
    No to be in Christ is in the law of the. Spirit of life this is salvation. But there were some who were among the saints in their community that had not faith and who were unbelievers etc.

And I don’t change the scripture to try and fit my view

1 Corinthians 14:23. If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad.”

1 Corinthians 15:34. Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.”

Even some of those leaders among the community were ministers of Satan

2 Corinthians 11:12. But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.13. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.14. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.15. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.”

And we read ,

Jude 1:12. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;”

15. pinacled

+1,004
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Perfect knowledge that puffs up like leaven.
    I imagine ole sh'aul is d'rashing here about elihu(Satan) that exalted himself instead of esteeming and comforting iyov while he suffered for doing good.

16. pinacled

+1,004
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Cloud by day and fire by night reminds me of the alter and Shabbat.
    Have you ever considered the embers of the alter while observing the evening stars?

A healthy diet of hot coals does wonders for the soul.

17. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+7,540
    Messianic
    When they understood the law of gravity, they were able to fly. When we understand the laws that God has put into place for every matter, like the law of gravity, we will be able to be above the law. Yeshua is able to walk through walls, walk on water, appear here and there, be lifted heavenward, etc. He is above the law. It works in His favor. He never breaks any of His laws, He lives within the confines, and excels in the advantages of knowing and living within their laws. We all need to stop fighting against His rules, and start believing them and their value, and start being obedient and blessed in that obedience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Tone

Tone "Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great." Supporter

+6,832
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    I like how you are explaining things more (with the parentheses)...thanks!

*Less cryptic for the babes.

19. pinacled

+1,004
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Freely received....,

20. JLB777

JLB777 Newbie Supporter

+1,187
    Non-Denom
    Married

The death is eternal death.

The law of sin and death is not the law of Moses.

JLB