Laura Ingraham’s Anti-Immigrant Rant Was So Racist It Was Endorsed by Ex-KKK Leader David Duke

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.thedailybeast.com/david...st-important-monologues-in-history?ref=scroll
Fox News anchor Laura Ingraham’s Wednesday night monologue about immigrants destroying America was so racist it got the endorsement of David Duke, the former leader of the Ku Klux Klan.

During the opening to her primetime show The Ingraham Angle, Ingraham complained that “the America we know and love doesn't exist anymore. Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people,” she said, in the form of documented and undocumented immigrants.
tulc(interesting article) :wave:

• Informative
Reactions: Brightmoon

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ingraham and Duke don't belong in the same category. If you want to take a major talking point away from white supremacists, enforce immigration law. Then they can't take the legitimate grievances that come with refusing to enforce it and leverage them to advance their racist agenda.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
During the opening to her primetime show The Ingraham Angle, Ingraham complained that “the America we know and love doesn't exist anymore. Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people,” she said, in the form of documented and undocumented immigrants.

That's what the no-nothings said about the Germans, and the Irish, and the Italians, and the Jews, and so on.

In every period of American history, there were bigots, angry because America was growing and changing.

Think of how much poorer we'd be as a nation, if those people hadn't come here.

The appropriate response to Ingraham?

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what the no-nothings said about the Germans, and the Irish, and the Italians, and the Jews, and so on.

In every period of American history, there were bigots, angry because America was growing and changing.

Think of how much poorer we'd be as a nation, if those people hadn't come here.

The appropriate response to Ingraham?

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

The United States of America has always had a history of racism that goes back even before its inception. This country wasn't originally founded upon freedom, liberty and justice, but rather on white supremacy of the WASP and racial discrimination against minorities. Minorities were denied freedom, liberty and justice for 188 years before the Civil Rights Movement in 1964. That's only 54 years ago and America turned 242 years old this past Fourth of July. That's a terribe track record for a nation that calls itself 'the land of the free and home of the brave' and loves to boast about how it was founded upon freedom, liberty and justice for all. I could provide more examples that would blow a huge hole through the disingenuous Americanism facade of how America was originally founded, but I've already done that in my post here, so there's no reason for me to repeat myself in this thread.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It always gets me hearing the descendants of European immigrants complaining and whining about other immigrants and their descendants coming into America. I just find it rather amusing.

These are some of my favorite political cartoons on the issue of immigration.

BuildAWall.jpg All300Million.jpg

HelpYouPack.jpg ImmigrantsGoHome.jpg

ShowMeYourPapers.jpg Word.jpg

BirthRight.jpg IsHeSerious.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A federal judge on Thursday erupted at the Trump administration when he learned that two asylum seekers fighting deportation were at that moment being deported and on a plane to El Salvador.
DC District Judge Emmet Sullivan then blocked the administration from deporting the two plaintiffs while they are fighting for their right to stay in the US -- excoriating the administration and threatening to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions in contempt.

The government raced to comply with the court's order, and by Thursday evening the immigrants had arrived back in Texas after being turned around on the ground in El Salvador.

Sullivan agreed with the American Civil Liberties Union that the immigrants they are representing in a federal lawsuit should not be deported while their cases are pending.
The emergency hearing in the case turned dramatic when attorneys discovered partway through the hearing that two of their clients were on a plane to El Salvador.
Lead ACLU attorney Jennifer Chang Newell told CNN after the hearing the administration had pledged Wednesday that no one in the case would be deported until at least midnight at the end of Thursday. But during a recess in the proceedings Thursday, she got an email from attorneys on the ground in Texas that her client, known by the pseudonym Carmen, and Carmen's daughter had been taken from their detention center that morning and deported. After investigating during recess, she informed government attorneys and Sullivan what had happened.

"Oh, I want those people brought back forthwith. ... I'm not asking, I'm ordering," Sullivan said upon learning what had happened, which Justice Department attorney Erez Reuveni confirmed, according to a transcript of the hearing.

Sullivan later added he was "directing the government to turn that plane around either now or when it lands, turn that plane around and bring those people back to the United States. It's outrageous."
Sullivan then threatened to hit Sessions with contempt, saying that if the immigrants weren't returned he was going to order officials to explain "why people should not be held in contempt of court, and I'm going to start with the attorney general."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/politics/judge-halts-deportations-sessions/index.html

Little Jeff got cracking when he realized that he might be doing some jail time for violating the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She is loves the attention good or bad, maybe she felt neglected as a child. :oops:
They say if people can not get positive reinforcement sometimes they do settle for negative attention.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They say if people can not get positive reinforcement sometimes they do settle for negative attention.

That's right.

Ingraham lost sponsors and her viewership dropped about 9 points overnight after she got abusive with a student who survived the Parkland shootings, and he turned out to be less helpless than she supposed. His public denunciation of her outburst cost her a lot of money.

So she's trolling the sewers for those who like that kind of thing, trying to get some of it back.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
This is a guilt by association fallacy. You didn’t bother to address the actual substance of her so-called “rant,” but instead tried to discredit her message by associating her with a former Klansman.
The "GOOD OLD DAYS" that that Ingraham yearns for are never coming back - in fact, there were no "GOOD OLD DAYS" for those living in America whose skin color was something other than "WHITE!"

As late as 1967, there were still laws forbidding Americans to engage in inter-racial marriages in 19 states!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a guilt by association fallacy.
Not really. The thing's she's saying in her...monologue? rant? lined up very nicely with the things Dukes has been saying for decades now. :wave:

You didn’t bother to address the actual substance of her so-called “rant,” but instead tried to discredit her message by associating her with a former Klansman.
uhhmm...technically it was the person who wrote the article who did that and all they did was point out how much David Duke liked and agreed with what she said. Even she could see that wasn't a good thing which is why she did this a few days ago:
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/401212-ingraham-disavows-ex-kkk-leaders-endorsement
Ingraham disavows ex-KKK leader David Duke's endorsement
Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Thursday disavowed white nationalists, including former Ku Klux Klan (KKK) leader David Duke, who supported her comments saying the “America we know and love doesn’t exist anymore” over demographic changes due to illegal and legal immigration.

Ingraham, who had made the previous comments during her Fox News show “The Ingraham Angle” on Wednesday, started her show on Thursday addressing the controversy.

“A message to those who are distorting my views, including all white nationalists and especially one racist freak whose name I will not even mention: You do not have my support. You don’t represent my views and you are antithetical to the beliefs I hold dear,” Ingraham said.
tulc(is going to need some more coffee soon) :sigh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is a guilt by association fallacy. You didn’t bother to address the actual substance of her so-called “rant,” but instead tried to discredit her message by associating her with a former Klansman.
I think you did not understand. If you make the racist rant using the same talking points as the KKK it is not the fallacy to call your rant racist. It is just fact. This is what she did.

Upvote 0